Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Background checks for everyone, limit on magazies, punish miscreants- simple, intelligent, reasonable, will take time to have effect. Where the hell do you get your bs propaganda...as if everyone doesn't know- a disgrace.

Background checks for everyone, limit on magazies, punish miscreants- simple, intelligent, reasonable, will take time to have effect. Where the hell do you get your bs propaganda...as if everyone doesn't know- a disgrace.

Translation: totalitarian state in which only the politically approved elites are allowed to have armed body guards.

Wasn't talking to you, Bodelicious :D

It wasn't exactly a PM, dipsy-doodlely-poo.

Sure wasn't Bo-dee-oh-do-ski. But it is out of context. Kaz is the one determined to invent conflicts that don't exist; I have no quarrel with you, Wicca-dicca.

Besides...

Time to eat :happy-1:

We can go one of two ways.

1) You could simply state your view, in which case your transactional arguments will all make sense. And in the unlikely event I have a point on a transactional argument you made, I have a framework to ask it.

2) I can go through all your transactional arguments and you can sit back and continue to give vague, evasive answers to my points.

Obviously since you have no answer you prefer choice #2. That's fine, but don't pretend you're taking the high road.

I'm still waiting to see a gun grabber put forth a plan that doesn't violate our rights. i'm still waiting for a liberal to put forth a plan that doesn't fly in the face of hypocrisy when compared to their stance on a national id for voting. Liberals show over and over they are not about compromise. guns, abortion, the national budget. it doesn't matter. if you seriously what to put controls on senseless deaths you best stop trying to infringe on our rights. Because that is something we are not going to accept

Translation: totalitarian state in which only the politically approved elites are allowed to have armed body guards.

WTF is wrong with you LOL....actually the world knows- you're a brainwashed and fear mongered paranoid functional moron...get a grip lol...

I'm still waiting to see a gun grabber put forth a plan that doesn't violate our rights. i'm still waiting for a liberal to put forth a plan that doesn't fly in the face of hypocrisy when compared to their stance on a national id for voting. Liberals show over and over they are not about compromise. guns, abortion, the national budget. it doesn't matter. if you seriously what to put controls on senseless deaths you best stop trying to infringe on our rights. Because that is something we are not going to accept

I'm still waiting to see a gun grabber put forth a plan that doesn't violate our rights. i'm still waiting for a liberal to put forth a plan that doesn't fly in the face of hypocrisy when compared to their stance on a national id for voting.

you will be waiting a long time

it isnt going to happen

Actually a lot of guns are smuggled into the United States. Guns are stolen in robberies. There are old guns that aren't on the radar.

However, that's irrelevant to the argument, which is not about the past, it's about the future. If you clamp down on them, then in addition to the current massive gun inventory, gun dealers can simply smuggle them in across the open border with Mexico like they do drugs.

And the people who want gun restrictions, liberals, are the same people who demonize anyone who tries to do anything to restrict free access to the US from Mexico.
I may be wrong, but aren't the guns coming from Mexico US made? Does Mexico even make guns?

Some are and some are not US made, but again, what is the relevance of that since we are talking going forward?

As for Mexico, most drugs smuggled from Mexico are not Mexican grown. Mexico has far less lax security than even we do. Al Qaeda could fly to Mexico city and walk across the border. Smuggling drugs into Mexico is simple, then you just take them across the border to the US. Mexican officials are also notoriously corrupt. Basically you can get anyone or anything into Mexico and once it's in Mexico you just take it across the border.

Do you not grasp that if guns are clamped down on in the US, then bad guys have more incentive to bring them in from Mexico? Just like they do drugs? What is the relevance of your harping on what they do now specifically when the question is what will happen once guns are illegal or more restricted?

The point of the op is that drugs are illegal now, yet even teenagers can get them freely. IF ... you make guns illegal or harder to get ... THEN ... criminals can simply do what they do with drugs now with guns. What's hard about that? Why can't you address it?

And BTW, that's what happened with alcohol in prohibition, all you did was fund organized crime, anyone could still get alcohol. At what point will people learn from our mistakes?

Does Mexico even make guns?

hundreds of thousands of ak-47s have come from south america

You missed the op because it wasn't on MS-NBC, so I'll summarize it for you. I'd say pretend I'm Al Sharpton, but then you'd just memorize what I said. And I'm asking you a question.

So on your plan, so then why would criminals just not buy illegal guns? Why would they bother dealing with your rules? As you would know if Ed Shultz or another Democratic talking head had said it, any high school kid can buy all the pot or other drugs they want and that's actually illegal. How are you going to keep any of the millions of guns in the US or millions more in the rest of the world away from criminals.

Um...dude, take your eyes of Rachel Maddow's breasts and focus on the question. Trust me, you're not her type...

I'm still waiting to see a gun grabber put forth a plan that doesn't violate our rights. i'm still waiting for a liberal to put forth a plan that doesn't fly in the face of hypocrisy when compared to their stance on a national id for voting.

you will be waiting a long time

it isnt going to happen

They don't even understand the question. They believe that government power and our rights are the same thing. Government will have guns. So what's the issue?

kaz, so what's your plan again to help stop people from shooting up a school with assault weapons? It must have been so good I forgot what it is. Were you the one who wanted to put more emphasis on mental health treatment then on trying to keep weirdo guns away from people?

That was me. And weirdo guns? That's nonsensical. How can an inanimate object be 'weirdo'? Your position is just wholly illogical and disproportionate. A kid shoots up his class mates. Your solution is ignore what the kid did and focus on what he used to express his anger. Your solution is take that object away from millions of people that aren't a threat to anyone as a means of preventing this singular event in the future. Again that's just nonsensical. It would be much more efficient to recognize that certain people are a danger to themselves and society. Better yet, shouldn't we be trying to help these people. Can't you imagine the pain and confusion someone must feel to resort to shooting up their classmates and themselves? And you just want to ignore that?

It's very rare that shit like that happens in countries where guns are strictly controlled. In the US, it happens all the time. What's so hard to understand?

Nothing is difficult to understand. What seems hard for YOU to understand is the inconsistency of the above statement. It's the equivalent of saying countries with fewer cars have fewer car accidents therefore we should ban cars.

That was me. And weirdo guns? That's nonsensical. How can an inanimate object be 'weirdo'? Your position is just wholly illogical and disproportionate. A kid shoots up his class mates. Your solution is ignore what the kid did and focus on what he used to express his anger. Your solution is take that object away from millions of people that aren't a threat to anyone as a means of preventing this singular event in the future. Again that's just nonsensical. It would be much more efficient to recognize that certain people are a danger to themselves and society. Better yet, shouldn't we be trying to help these people. Can't you imagine the pain and confusion someone must feel to resort to shooting up their classmates and themselves? And you just want to ignore that?

It's very rare that shit like that happens in countries where guns are strictly controlled. In the US, it happens all the time. What's so hard to understand?

Nothing is difficult to understand. What seems hard for YOU to understand is the inconsistency of the above statement. It's the equivalent of saying countries with fewer cars have fewer car accidents therefore we should ban cars.

There are millions and millions of guns. Most are used for hunting, target practice or just collected. A bunch more are in the home or carried for defense. A tiny, tiny fraction are used to commit crimes.

The idea that in countries that don't and never did have a gun culture they can largely restrict guns means that in a country that does have a gun culture with no other explanation is just vacuous.

And they ignore that there are plenty of other ways to kill people and commit violent crimes besides guns. There is just the assumption that it would work.

Forum List

Back