Kentucky Clerk Once Again Denies Gay Marriage License, Despite Federal Order

The very 1st post is pure ignorance. The woman is not a 'homophobe'. She is a christian, and she opposes Same-Sex Marriage. That being said, I do agree - if you can't do your job, following all the rules and regulations that go along with it, you should not be in that position.

THAT being said - if people should be fired for refusing to obey / follow / enforce existing rules and laws, that means almost everyone in the current Obama administration - to include Obama himself, Hillary, and many more would be FIRED and or in jail!

This woman is hideous and fat, they should sue her ass and ruin her.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

You know she's a closeted lesbian.

MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky clerk's office on Thursday again refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple, in defiance of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage across the country two months ago.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis has refused to issue any marriage licenses, citing her Christian faith and constitutional right to religious freedom, since the landmark decision in June.

Good for her. Shes standing up for what she believes.
What exactly is it that she believes?

You're not able to deduce that? I know you're smarter than that.

If she (and YOU) cannot articulate what it is EXACTLY what she believes that prevents her from performing her job....how can she make her case to stay employed?
Try to answer my question again.

The very 1st post is pure ignorance. The woman is not a 'homophobe'. She is a christian, and she opposes Same-Sex Marriage. That being said, I do agree - if you can't do your job, following all the rules and regulations that go along with it, you should not be in that position.

THAT being said - if people should be fired for refusing to obey / follow / enforce existing rules and laws, that means almost everyone in the current Obama administration - to include Obama himself, Hillary, and many more would be FIRED and or in jail!
Question...if a clerk refused to marry Jews even tho it's legal...based on their religion, would we not call them anti-semitic?

Question...if a clerk refused to marry Jews even tho it's legal...based on their religion, would we not call them anti-semitic?

Apples and Oranges...

The woman is NOT refusing to do her job because she is 'afraid' of homosexuals. She is doing so because of her religious convictions. It is possible not to HATE Gays yet still not support their lifestyle due to religious convictions. In the same way, to be considered an anti-semite one would have to hate Jews. Disagreeing with someone's choices and refusing to support those choices is not the same thing as HATING the people.

I do not support some of the things my kids do, but that doesn't mean I hate them.

:slap:

She has a free will, a voice, an independence, and a right to be herself and to cherish and practice her personal beliefs.
Outside of her job working for a secular government. She can knock herself out for all I care, after hours, not on taxpayer time. The taxpayers don't pay her to Praise Jesus and Hate the Faggots.
Oh, now she hates faggots. Did I see that quoted somewhere? :dunno:

She's not in trouble for hating, she's in trouble for loving.
If she refused to marry Jews, would you be talking about her "loving"?
Would I? Would I?
Hair lip! :slap:

Yes, would you? Would you be supportive of an elected representative refusing to marry a Jewish couple because it violated their faith?

How about a Muslim DMV supervisor that doesn't think women should drive and orders all his employees not to issue to women...you'd be okay with that?

The clerk has no religious shield that allows her to do her job and not sign certificates for LGBT marriage.

Apples and Oranges...

The woman is NOT refusing to do her job because she is 'afraid' of homosexuals. She is doing so because of her religious convictions. It is possible not to HATE Gays yet still not support their lifestyle due to religious convictions. In the same way, to be considered an anti-semite one would have to hate Jews. Disagreeing with someone's choices and refusing to support those choices is not the same thing as HATING the people.

I do not support some of the things my kids do, but that doesn't mean I hate them.

It's discrimination regardless of whether you hate them or not. This is America for goodness sake! It is the year 2015, not 1955!!!

JS, the Bible opposes homosexuality. Her 'religious shield' is based on that and thereby has the personal chice whether to do her job or not. If she chooses not to, she has to go...

JS, the Bible opposes homosexuality. Her 'religious shield' is based on that and thereby has the personal chice whether to do her job or not. If she chooses not to, she has to go...
That is not shield to anything. We do not govern by the Bible.

You DO realize that many of our laws are derived from the 10 Commandments (and religious teachings), one of the earliest collections of laws civilizations have embraced and sought to emulate, right?

Beliefs are NOT a shield - you are right, but they ARE what governs peoples actions at time. The Constitution, btw, does not only guarantee and protect religious freedom but also the 'PRACTICE THEREOF'. (In this case, though, the practice of her freedoms / beliefs violates someone's rights, so she should be forced to step down.)

You DO realize that many of our laws are derived from the 10 Commandments (and religious teachings), one of the earliest collections of laws civilizations have embraced and sought to emulate, right?

Beliefs are NOT a shield - you are right, but they ARE what governs peoples actions at time. The Constitution, btw, does not only guarantee and protect religious freedom but also the 'PRACTICE THEREOF'. (In this case, though, the practice of her freedoms / beliefs violates someone's rights, so she should be forced to step down.)

I agree with you on your conclusion. Our values come from religious, spiritual, ethical, and experiential sources. So does our Constitution.

Didn't read the whole thread but, did we ever get an response to what Whitehall posted? Ah the tolerant left.

"We have entire freaking cities and counties in the U.S. that call themselves "sanctuary areas" and refuse to enforce the federal law regarding illegal criminal aliens and the useful idiots on the left manage to find a single poor woman who thinks that freedom of religion trumps the homosexual agenda."
No city or county refuses to enforce federal law. They have no authority to enforce federal law.

Just like a few years back when Muslims were refusing to do certain parts of their job requirements (handling pork if they work in a grocery, refusing to transport people if they had alcohol or drunk if they were taxi drivers), and all of those on the conservative side said that if their religious beliefs interfere with them doing their jobs properly, then they should find other work, well................here is the same situation.

If this woman's religious beliefs prevent her from properly carrying out her job, she should find a different line of work.

This woman is hideous and fat, they should sue her ass and ruin her.

First of all- I hope that she ends up either doing her job or get fired.

Secondly- you are an ass to call her 'hideous and fat'- and no one should hope for someone to be ruined.

Hitler.

Think about it.

If Hitler was aborted or if Hitler's life was ruined, would we give a fuck.

Evil people like this fat hag bring it on herself.

Forum List

Back