Kerry: Obama Admin Is Rewarding Egypt With $190 Million in Aid -

You don't give arms to crazies, Morsi would qualify..You know why I say there will not be any peace there?....Egypt, Syria, Lebanon all dysfunction countries, there can't be any peace anywhere in the region without Arab recognition of Israel as a Jewish state, and a Arab-Israeli peace treaty with all the Arab countries in the region, all those who raged war against the Jews and used the "Palestinian" Arabs as pawns.. Iraq, Saudi Arabia all of them.

That's a Jewish opinion. I and the other 334 Americans hold varied and mixed opinions. I don't believe in destroying relationships with Muslim countries because Israel wishes so. Or because the Jewish population wishes so. I think it's either end aid to everyone or give to everyone. You can't have it both ways. And I don't view Morsi as an crazy. You're mistaken.

i can't really disagree that, although Israel gave up a lot for that peace treaty, Egypt gave up nothing.

How so? ..........:cool:

That's a Jewish opinion. I and the other 334 Americans hold varied and mixed opinions. I don't believe in destroying relationships with Muslim countries because Israel wishes so. Or because the Jewish population wishes so. I think it's either end aid to everyone or give to everyone. You can't have it both ways. And I don't view Morsi as an crazy. You're mistaken.

i can't really disagree that, although Israel gave up a lot for that peace treaty, Egypt gave up nothing.

Israel gave up the whole Sinai, there is oil and gas there..What did Egypt give up?

Israel gave up the whole Sinai, there is oil and gas there..What did Egypt give up?

That's not giving up, that's losing. What did Israel lose is what you meant. And I'm glad you're admitting israel considers occupying land as a way for resources. Just like they do in the Sea with Lebanon. And what they do with Gaza. Egypt have up what leads to today. It's not hard to see what they lost. The treaty gave Israel a chance to trade oil with Egypt. They removed the biggest threat to the region to them. They split arab nations more than it had already been. So what did Egypt gain?

That's not giving up, that's losing. What did Israel lose is what you meant. And I'm glad you're admitting israel considers occupying land as a way for resources. Just like they do in the Sea with Lebanon. And what they do with Gaza. Egypt have up what leads to today. It's not hard to see what they lost. The treaty gave Israel a chance to trade oil with Egypt. They removed the biggest threat to the region to them. They split arab nations more than it had already been. So what did Egypt gain?

The Siani..Egypt gave up nothing as i said. Arab nations will always be split..muslim society is disfunctional, only a secular government can function normally.

The Siani..Egypt gave up nothing as i said. Arab nations will always be split..muslim society is disfunctional, only a secular government can function normally.

That's Egyptian land. They lost flexibility politically and economically. Their government became a dictatorial government taking orders of foreigners. I disagree with your assessment which is malicious. That being said, no, a secular government doesn't mean it functions perfectly normal.

lovely...this administration needs to be stopped giving our money away

Snip;
Kerry: Obama Admin Is Rewarding Egypt With $190 Million in Aid

Don’t look at the extremists behind the curtain, don’t look…

CAIRO (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Sunday rewarded Egypt for President Mohammed Morsi’s pledges of political and economic reforms by releasing $250 million in American aid to support the country’s “future as a democracy.”

Yet Kerry also served notice that the Obama administration will keep close watch on how Morsi, who came to power in June as Egypt’s first freely elected president, honors his commitment.

“The path to that future has clearly been difficult and much work remains,” Kerry said in a statement after wrapping up two days of meetings in Egypt, a deeply divided country in the wake of the revolution that ousted longtime President Hosni Mubarak.

Egypt is trying to meet conditions to close on a $4.8 billion loan package from the International Monetary Fund. An agreement would unlock more of the $1 billion in U.S. assistance promised by President Barack Obama last year and set to begin flowing with Kerry’s announcement.

all of it here

- See more at: Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

After all the doomsday predictions from Obama and the Dems:
We'l lose 170 million jobs (even though there aren't that many to begin with)
Planes will be delayed
Military will be cut
Can't deport illegal aliens because we can't afford it, so let them loose so they can collect welfare.

Yet, they come up with the big money for their radical Muslim leaders.

Morsi is moderate. You thrown around stereotypes like it means nothing. I don't like in accuracy.

That's Egyptian land. They lost flexibility politically and economically. Their government became a dictatorial government taking orders of foreigners. I disagree with your assessment which is malicious. That being said, no, a secular government doesn't mean it functions perfectly normal.

Egypt has had a 'dictatorial government" throughout their history...muslim, fundamentalist, nutjob, governments don't work, look around most all muslim countries are dysfunctional shitholes

Egypt has had a 'dictatorial government" throughout their history...muslim, fundamentalist, nutjob, governments don't work, look around most all muslim countries are dysfunctional shitholes

Arabic countries have had for a while horribly functioning governments. That's no secret. And still they need many improvements in many countries and I still would like to see more governments gone. However, Egypts government is different now and people notice that except the same people who are opposition for no reason other than to stir up trouble. And most of the congress is of liberals. They have no reason to keep complaining. And secular government doesn't mean everything is better. Depends where you look it at from.

reading through this thread since my last post in it: talk about low information and misinformed voters.

Egypt is an ally of the USA. Some days they are not very good one, but that goes with the territory.

Right wingers are attacking Obama for not supplying weapons to a bunch of kooks in Syria, then attack Obama for supplying aide to an ally.

passes no smell test

CAIRO (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Sunday rewarded Egypt for President Mohammed Morsi’s pledges of political and economic reforms by releasing $250 million in American aid to support the country’s “future as a democracy.”

Hey...why not! It's not like we have severe fiscal problems!

After all the doomsday predictions from Obama and the Dems:
We'l lose 170 million jobs (even though there aren't that many to begin with)
Planes will be delayed
Military will be cut
Can't deport illegal aliens because we can't afford it, so let them loose so they can collect welfare.

Yet, they come up with the big money for their radical Muslim leaders.

No quite big money when compared to the 3 Billion a year we give Israel.
It all adds up though. Time to stop giving away money and take care of the problems here at home first. One thing I learned when I was "home schooled in the hollows", is that you can't buy your friends

Last edited:
We shouldn't be doing either. We owe $17 trillion.

Geo-politics is an expensive game.

like it or not, money and specie has always been one of th determining factors when trying to keep or gain influence, even if its just a phone call to try and suss out whats on their minds.

Morsi is no friend of ours agreed, but the $$ is a bit of a stick, he needs it badly, the question to ponder is if we cut them off totally, how worse could things get.

if we have them on a tit, so much the better imho.

I don't care how much worse it gets. It's not our country and not our place to interfere.

Egypt is the largest sunni nation in the ME, this thing isn't over, that is the Morsi's platforms and what he apparently wants to do ( rule in the same form basically as Mubarak but with as fundamentalist flavor) its not set yet, the opposition has been vigorous . To ignore them and that would be very ill advised. They ( Egypt, Egyptians) and our interests don't exist in a vacuum.

Geo-politics is an expensive game.

like it or not, money and specie has always been one of th determining factors when trying to keep or gain influence, even if its just a phone call to try and suss out whats on their minds.

Morsi is no friend of ours agreed, but the $$ is a bit of a stick, he needs it badly, the question to ponder is if we cut them off totally, how worse could things get.

if we have them on a tit, so much the better imho.

I don't care how much worse it gets. It's not our country and not our place to interfere.

Egypt is the largest sunni nation in the ME, this thing isn't over, that is the Morsi's platforms and what he apparently wants to do ( rule in the same form basically as Mubarak but with as fundamentalist flavor) its not set yet, the opposition has been vigorous . To ignore them and that would be very ill advised. They ( Egypt, Egyptians) and our interests don't exist in a vacuum.

What do you mean ignore them, Trajan? You never even think twice before criticizing any Middle Eastern leaders besides the Israelis. The opposition is a minority in Egypt. The Congress is still in liberal control. Morsi listened to every opposition demand and he's been patient with them. El Baredi is there just to stir up tensions in Egypt. Nothing else. No matter how many demands are answered. No he isn't ruling the same way as Mubarak nor planning to do so. But as DTMB said, it's not our business to interfere. He isn't planning a fundamentalist rule either and Egypt is not in flares as the media hypes. My mother is in Egypt and I just talked to her recently and she went to the Tahrir Square and told me it wasn't anything like what you hear on the news. You don't know what's good for Egypt. But you support anything against the current government or cutting ties with Egypt. Golly Jee, I wonder who's interests those are for.....:cool:

Forum List

Back