Kid With Fake Gun Killed By Cops

A Northern California community is anguished over the fatal police shooting of a popular, 13-year-old boy who had been carrying a pellet gun that looked like an assault rifle.

Sonoma County sheriff's deputies had repeatedly asked the boy, Andy Lopez, to drop the weapon, but instead he raised it in their direction, police said at a news conference Wednesday.

Only after the shooting did deputies realize the gun was a replica that looked strikingly similar to a real AK-47 assault rifle.

Calif. Sheriff's Deputies Shoot, Kill 13-Year-Old - ABC News

It looked lifelike, and from the distance, no one could tell it was fake. He didn't put the 'gun' down when asked, police acted.

Its sad, but the kid was ignorant and shouldn't have been acting like a dickhead.

True. But it is also true that the police were ignorant of the fact that the kid did not pose a lethal threat (when it is part of their job to make such determinations) and proved they were even bigger dickheads by shooting an innocent child to death.

If you buy your kid a fake gun or a realistic looking pellet gun and send him out on the streets with it you are irresponsible

On the day after a kid shot up a school and the same day another kid murdered a teacher, you have your kid walking the streets with a pellet gun that looks like an AK-47

Ever hear of parental supervision?

Hey moron, the parent of this child did not buy him the replica gun. Now I know that it doesn't fit your preconceived notions but facts are a bitch, especially to you idiot libs.

From the article you apparently didn't read.

Andy's father, Rodrigo Lopez, told the newspaper that he last saw his son Tuesday morning. He also said the gun was a toy that belonged to a friend of his son's.

His friends parents did

They allowed the kid to take it out on the streets with no warnings of possible dangers or direct supervision

Cost a kid his fuckinglife

A Northern California community is anguished over the fatal police shooting of a popular, 13-year-old boy who had been carrying a pellet gun that looked like an assault rifle.

Sonoma County sheriff's deputies had repeatedly asked the boy, Andy Lopez, to drop the weapon, but instead he raised it in their direction, police said at a news conference Wednesday.

Only after the shooting did deputies realize the gun was a replica that looked strikingly similar to a real AK-47 assault rifle.

It looked lifelike, and from the distance, no one could tell it was fake. He didn't put the 'gun' down when asked, police acted.

Its sad, but the kid was ignorant and shouldn't have been acting like a dickhead.

True. But it is also true that the police were ignorant of the fact that the kid did not pose a lethal threat (when it is part of their job to make such determinations) and proved they were even bigger dickheads by shooting an innocent child to death.

Cop who hesitates too long figuring if someone is a lethal threat is a dead cop

Someone doesn't drop their weapon is fair game

"I'm sure you can tell he's a 13-year-old boy," Abrey Martin told KGO-TV. "He's not some maniac."

And yet, the kid who killed his teacher is 14 and ore and more, we're seeing really serious crimes committed by younger kids.

The parents of the kid who owned this gun (and the handgun) are responsible for letting the guns leave the house. Yeah, I know, some of you will disagree but parents are responsible for their children. Or at least, they should be.

Just really really sad.

So how many wild animals, birds, pets, windows did this kid shoot with that pellet gun?
My kid wanted a BB gun when he was 13. I said no. He can do what he wants when he is of age (18) but not while under my roof will he ever have a weapon. I know kids. I know what they do because I was a kid once myself. I killed a bird when I was a kid...with a BB gun. Where were my parents? At work. They didn't know.
I put the BB gun back and cried all day because it seemed "fun" to aim at a bird and shoot it to see if I could actually hit it. I didn't think about the death of it.

So if this kid had a bowie knife, would that be ok? No? How about a razor knife? No? Box cutter in his back pocket? A gun that can kill or main something or someone?

Kids don't need weapons.

As far as I'm concerned you are an irresponsible parent for failing in your duty to see that your kid receives the knowledge needed to become a responsible adult. Weapons, knives, and other tools exist in the real world and you living in denial isn't going to change that. All you're doing is assuring that your kid will be ignorant of what to do and how to act when they are inevitably encountered.

My grandson:

So how many wild animals, birds, pets, windows did this kid shoot with that pellet gun?
My kid wanted a BB gun when he was 13. I said no. He can do what he wants when he is of age (18) but not while under my roof will he ever have a weapon. I know kids. I know what they do because I was a kid once myself. I killed a bird when I was a kid...with a BB gun. Where were my parents? At work. They didn't know.
I put the BB gun back and cried all day because it seemed "fun" to aim at a bird and shoot it to see if I could actually hit it. I didn't think about the death of it.

So if this kid had a bowie knife, would that be ok? No? How about a razor knife? No? Box cutter in his back pocket? A gun that can kill or main something or someone?

Kids don't need weapons.

As far as I'm concerned you are an irresponsible parent for failing in your duty to see that your kid receives the knowledge needed to become a responsible adult. Weapons, knives, and other tools exist in the real world and you living in denial isn't going to change that. All you're doing is assuring that your kid will be ignorant of what to do and how to act when they are inevitably encountered.

My grandson:

Obviously there is no adult in charge. Or anyone who knows anything about guns.

Second photo - rifle pointed at a child's gut.

STOOOPID.

Not to mention that the child's grandfather is an idiot for posting these photos on a public message board. Apparently, you have no friggen clue but, I'm sure as hell not going to educate you.

If you buy your kid a fake gun or a realistic looking pellet gun and send him out on the streets with it you are irresponsible

On the day after a kid shot up a school and the same day another kid murdered a teacher, you have your kid walking the streets with a pellet gun that looks like an AK-47

Ever hear of parental supervision?

Hey moron, the parent of this child did not buy him the replica gun. Now I know that it doesn't fit your preconceived notions but facts are a bitch, especially to you idiot libs.

Andy's father, Rodrigo Lopez, told the newspaper that he last saw his son Tuesday morning. He also said the gun was a toy that belonged to a friend of his son's.

His friends parents did

They allowed the kid to take it out on the streets with no warnings of possible dangers or direct supervision

You have no proof of that either. And no proof of what the parents allowed the kid to do.

Did you ever do anything as a child that you weren't allowed to do? Or were you a perfect little moron?

"I'm sure you can tell he's a 13-year-old boy," Abrey Martin told KGO-TV. "He's not some maniac."

And yet, the kid who killed his teacher is 14 and ore and more, we're seeing really serious crimes committed by younger kids.

The parents of the kid who owned this gun (and the handgun) are responsible for letting the guns leave the house. Yeah, I know, some of you will disagree but parents are responsible for their children. Or at least, they should be.
Just really really sad.

Your fellow lefties see it differently.

[ame=http://youtu.be/wzQUcvhog2w]Melissa Harris-Perry: Your Children Are Not Yours - YouTube[/ame]

Just really really sad.

[ame=http://youtu.be/wzQUcvhog2w]Melissa Harris-Perry: Your Children Are Not Yours - YouTube[/ame]

So...which do you believe?

His friends parents did

You have no proof of that either. And no proof of what the parents allowed the kid to do.

Did you ever do anything as a child that you weren't allowed to do? Or were you a perfect little moron?

My father set rules on using my BB Gun

Also on respecting the police

Kids don't need weapons.

My grandson:

Obviously there is no adult in charge. Or anyone who knows anything about guns.

Second photo - rifle pointed at a child's gut.

STOOOPID.

Not to mention that the child's grandfather is an idiot for posting these photos on a public message board. Apparently, you have no friggen clue but, I'm sure as hell not going to educate you.

The barrel of the rifle wasn't pointing at him. But don't let the facts screw up your delusion.

You couldn't educate your way out of a paper bag.

His friends parents did

My father set rules on using my BB Gun

Also on respecting the police

That wasn't the question.

But I'll take your dodge as admission that you have indeed disobeyed your parents at some point in your childhood and did things you weren't allowed to do.

Unfortunately its extremely hard to believe the police on their word alone nowadays.

You're assuming the police account of the incident is truthful.

Until a new account emerges that's all anyone can go by.

The one making an assumption is you.

You mean like the assumption Zimmerman was stalking someone? Like the assumption that Zimmerman attacked Martin?

Isn't it telling that certain people bemoan the loss of a 17 year old that chose to ATTACK someone but have no feelings at all for a 13 year old that did nothing to anyone?

Just really really sad.

So...which do you believe?

I believe parents are responsible up to a point. But sometimes a child does things that the parents can't anticipate or control.

All kids disobey their parents to some extent.

Difference is, when I was a kid, there were not so many armed loonies. The cops were respected and trusted because they could be respected and trusted.

Young children weren't shooting at cops and civilians in the numbers they are now.

Bottom line is - point a gun and you can expect to be shot.

My bet is that if a kid pointed a gun at you and refused to put it down, you just might defend yourself.

You mean like the assumption Zimmerman was stalking someone? Like the assumption that Zimmerman attacked Martin?

Isn't it telling that certain people bemoan the loss of a 17 year old that chose to ATTACK someone but have no feelings at all for a 13 year old that did nothing to anyone?

No.

The difference there is that gz said he stalked Trayvon even though Trayvon tried to get away from him. gz also admitted to murdering Trayvon.

Those assumptions sound typical of liberal ideology. It's not anything I would assume.

In this case the 13 year old created the situation and he alone escalated it. Had I been a cop there that day, I would have done the same thing.

You do not take chances with what you believe to be a loaded gun. First rule in firearms is to assume all of them are loaded.

Forum List

Back