Kid With Fake Gun Killed By Cops

i just read an update that said they pulled up behind him and may or may not have said put the gun down and as he turned around they opened fire. seems a bit jumpy on the cops part, but won't really know until we get more facts and from the reports the car cam should be facing the kid.

I wonder if he had earplugs in listening to music and couldn't hear the command.

The story is to vague at this point, but the cops seemed to trigger happy from the little information I have so far, I could change my opinion later as more facts come out.

You'd think that seeing cops with their weapons drawn, he'd take off the headset or whatever to see what was up.

That's assuming your theory is correct.

If you were looking down the barrel at what appears to be an AK, you could either be trigger happy or dead. Which do you prefer?

the police said he began to turn around, thus indicating he was not looking in the direction of the police

I remember my grandpa taking me outside and showing me what a weapon could do to a person. He shot a pumpkin with a .45 and that made me respect guns at a very early age. I dont allow my children to play with anything that even resembles a gun. I bought a toy gun that looks pretty realistic that I used for protection training for dogs and left it on our couch to see what the kids would do. Everytime they told me about it without touching it. You have to teach your children how to respond when around guns.

Why not teach your children how to safely use the weapon? Heaven forbid that they may need to protect themselves and not know how. Other than dialing 911.

I've raised five children to the age of majority and they are all well acquainted with many different weapon systems. I started teaching them the moment they could pick one up. I hate to admit this but my four daughters are better shooters than I am.

Because they have no use for it. I'm in charge of home defense and if someone gets killed i want to make sure they are not involved.

It's hard for you to believe. But I would hazard a guess that it's because you are or were on the wrong side of the law at some point.

Didnt you know that being born Black in the US automatically puts you on the wrong side of the law?

I think that's just the victim mentality that's been bred into you that makes you think that to be true. As for me, I know better.

Sorry but my environment taught me that. Good cops dont put guns to the heads of 9 year olds. That was my first intro to the boys in blue. BTW never ever been arrested but harassed for nothing plenty of times.

California cops have a reputation for being shady.

I am not sure why they needed to shoot the kid several times over a toy gun.

I am not sure why the kid wouldn't put the toy gun down or shout out it's just a toy.

The whole thing is weird. :dunno:

I have guns but keep air tasers for self defense.

Why doesn't every single cop in the US have the choice to use a taser?

A taser gives you time to make a rational decision about whether or not you want to blast the life out of somebody.

If this cop is a human being, he will carry the scar of having gunned down a child for the rest of his life.

Why don't the nutters understand that guns don't kill just one person?

When you're responsible for the death of another human being, that stays with you for the rest of your life.

and, yes, I speak from experience.

I am not sure why the kid wouldn't put the toy gun down or shout out it's just a toy.

A taser gives you time to make a rational decision about whether or not you want to blast the life out of somebody.

If this cop is a human being, he will carry the scar of having gunned down a child for the rest of his life.

When you're responsible for the death of another human being, that stays with you for the rest of your life.

They should of used tasers.

It's just sad.

I don't own any guns but it doesn't bother me if others own them.

Didnt you know that being born Black in the US automatically puts you on the wrong side of the law?

I think that's just the victim mentality that's been bred into you that makes you think that to be true. As for me, I know better.

Sorry but my environment taught me that. Good cops dont put guns to the heads of 9 year olds. That was my first intro to the boys in blue. BTW never ever been arrested but harassed for nothing plenty of times.

Whites can never know or understand what people of color face every single day.

People of color can never know the world that whites take for granted.

For that matter, women of all colors live in a very different world than men of all colors do.

I remember my grandpa taking me outside and showing me what a weapon could do to a person. He shot a pumpkin with a .45 and that made me respect guns at a very early age. I dont allow my children to play with anything that even resembles a gun. I bought a toy gun that looks pretty realistic that I used for protection training for dogs and left it on our couch to see what the kids would do. Everytime they told me about it without touching it. You have to teach your children how to respond when around guns.

Why not teach your children how to safely use the weapon? Heaven forbid that they may need to protect themselves and not know how. Other than dialing 911.

I've raised five children to the age of majority and they are all well acquainted with many different weapon systems. I started teaching them the moment they could pick one up. I hate to admit this but my four daughters are better shooters than I am.

Because they have no use for it. I'm in charge of home defense and if someone gets killed i want to make sure they are not involved.

Not everyone can be home with their children 24/7.

Some people actually have jobs to go to.

Stop making excuses and get a job where you can work from home or start a business where you dont have to clock in. :lol:

I wonder if he had earplugs in listening to music and couldn't hear the command.

The story is to vague at this point, but the cops seemed to trigger happy from the little information I have so far, I could change my opinion later as more facts come out.

You'd think that seeing cops with their weapons drawn, he'd take off the headset or whatever to see what was up.

If you were looking down the barrel at what appears to be an AK, you could either be trigger happy or dead. Which do you prefer?

the police said he began to turn around, thus indicating he was not looking in the direction of the police

Where's that link? I asked you once already about it.

To your point, isn't it possible to turn your head without turning around or before turning around?

It would be helpful to read the link your getting your information from. I'm not saying you're a liar but I would much rather read it myself and draw my own conclusions.

Yes the environment you grew up in. That's basically what I said just in different terms.

My apologies for not believing your little story. But in my experience honesty is not what liberals excel at.

I have been arrested a few times. The last time I was 17 yrs old and spent three birthdays in what was then called the Texas Department of Corrections and now is referred to as Texas Department of Criminal Justice, but a prison is a prison no matter what you call it.

Stop making excuses and get a job where you can work from home or start a business where you dont have to clock in. :lol:

I have three jobs. Two are more of a hobby that pays really well, one is ranching the other is co-owning a gun store. The job that makes me the most money is one I've been training for ever since Red Adair hooked me up in the early 80's. I sure do miss that man. RIP Red!

You really don't want to use a taser on a person pointing a rifle at you.

The first thing he's going to do is squeeze the trigger. Tensing up is a natural response when struck with 50,000 volts.

It's painfully obvious you don't apply logic to any of your thoughts..

They should of used tasers.

It's just sad.

I don't own any guns but it doesn't bother me if others own them.

Read post #72

Yeah, so be sure and leave them well armed.

Stop making excuses and get a job where you can work from home or start a business where you dont have to clock in.

Yesterday, Boop posted several links to legit work at home sites.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/320320-need-work.html

For that matter, women of all colors live in a very different world than men of all colors do.

Spoken like a true liberal full of white guilt.

Now apologize for being white!!!

I have three jobs. Two are more of a hobby that pays really well, one is ranching the other is co-owning a gun store. The job that makes me the most money is one I've been training for ever since Red Adair hooked me up in the early 80's. I sure do miss that man. RIP Red!

That explains it.

Yeah, so be sure and leave them well armed.

Stop making excuses and get a job where you can work from home or start a business where you dont have to clock in.

Yesterday, Boop posted several links to legit work at home sites.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/320320-need-work.html

Leave them with the means to protect themselves be it a panic room or a 12 gauge. They can choose which is closer.

To your point, isn't it possible to turn your head without turning around or before turning around?

It would be helpful to read the link your getting your information from. I'm not saying you're a liar but I would much rather read it myself and draw my own conclusions.

chill out, i didn't see the first time you asked. it is in every story i've read. it is even in the OP link. did you actually any links? since you asked, here is a link:

Two sheriff's deputies roll up behind him in a squad car, spot the authentic-looking gun and confront him. As the boy turns, one of the officers fires several rounds, killing the boy.

Friends question killing of boy who had fake rifle - SFGate

i disagree. you may not know it, but one can certainly understand and empathize with something they have never experienced. it certainly is not the same as living through it, but you can certainly understand it. that is what empathy is all about.

i just double checked and you never asked before this. can you please link to where you did, because i cannot find any such post between my post and this one.

thanks.

Forum List

Back