Kid With Fake Gun Killed By Cops

I remember my grandpa taking me outside and showing me what a weapon could do to a person. He shot a pumpkin with a .45 and that made me respect guns at a very early age. I dont allow my children to play with anything that even resembles a gun. I bought a toy gun that looks pretty realistic that I used for protection training for dogs and left it on our couch to see what the kids would do. Everytime they told me about it without touching it. You have to teach your children how to respond when around guns.

It looked lifelike, and from the distance, no one could tell it was fake. He didn't put the 'gun' down when asked, police acted.

Its sad, but the kid was ignorant and shouldn't have been acting like a dickhead.

True. But it is also true that the police were ignorant of the fact that the kid did not pose a lethal threat (when it is part of their job to make such determinations) and proved they were even bigger dickheads by shooting an innocent child to death.

Unfortunately its extremely hard to believe the police on their word alone nowadays.

It's hard for you to believe. But I would hazard a guess that it's because you are or were on the wrong side of the law at some point.

California cops have a reputation for being shady.

I am not sure why they needed to shoot the kid several times over a toy gun.

I am not sure why the kid wouldn't put the toy gun down or shout out it's just a toy.

The whole thing is weird. :dunno:

True. But it is also true that the police were ignorant of the fact that the kid did not pose a lethal threat (when it is part of their job to make such determinations) and proved they were even bigger dickheads by shooting an innocent child to death.

Unfortunately its extremely hard to believe the police on their word alone nowadays.

It's hard for you to believe. But I would hazard a guess that it's because you are or were on the wrong side of the law at some point.

Didnt you know that being born Black in the US automatically puts you on the wrong side of the law?

I am not sure why the kid wouldn't put the toy gun down or shout out it's just a toy.

Without witnesses I would believe the cops shot him without saying a word. Ohh and I have never had a run in with the law.....

I remember my grandpa taking me outside and showing me what a weapon could do to a person. He shot a pumpkin with a .45 and that made me respect guns at a very early age. I dont allow my children to play with anything that even resembles a gun. I bought a toy gun that looks pretty realistic that I used for protection training for dogs and left it on our couch to see what the kids would do. Everytime they told me about it without touching it. You have to teach your children how to respond when around guns.

Why not teach your children how to safely use the weapon? Heaven forbid that they may need to protect themselves and not know how. Other than dialing 911.

I've raised five children to the age of majority and they are all well acquainted with many different weapon systems. I started teaching them the moment they could pick one up. I hate to admit this but my four daughters are better shooters than I am.

Didnt you know that being born Black in the US automatically puts you on the wrong side of the law?

I think that's just the victim mentality that's been bred into you that makes you think that to be true. As for me, I know better.

You keep shooting until the threat is gone.

If the subject is still able to point and pull, you keep shooting until he can't.

Shouting out it's just a toy won't cut it. Put the gun down as instructed and live to see another day. Quite simple really.

If the subject is still able to point and pull, you keep shooting until he can't.

Shouting out it's just a toy won't cut it. Put the gun down as instructed and live to see another day. Quite simple really.

I wonder why he didn't put the gun down, that's weird don't you think?

Without witnesses I would believe the cops shot him without saying a word. Ohh and I have never had a run in with the law.....

Yea....cops enjoy killing kids for no reason

I wonder why he didn't put the gun down, that's weird don't you think?

Could be a number of reasons. Was he mentally challenged and not capable of understanding the cops instructions or was he brought up in an environment that never taught him that there were consequences to his actions? Perhaps we'll learn more as the story developes.

i just read an update that said they pulled up behind him and may or may not have said put the gun down and as he turned around they opened fire. seems a bit jumpy on the cops part, but won't really know until we get more facts and from the reports the car cam should be facing the kid.

So how many wild animals, birds, pets, windows did this kid shoot with that pellet gun?
My kid wanted a BB gun when he was 13. I said no. He can do what he wants when he is of age (18) but not while under my roof will he ever have a weapon. I know kids. I know what they do because I was a kid once myself. I killed a bird when I was a kid...with a BB gun. Where were my parents? At work. They didn't know.
I put the BB gun back and cried all day because it seemed "fun" to aim at a bird and shoot it to see if I could actually hit it. I didn't think about the death of it.

So if this kid had a bowie knife, would that be ok? No? How about a razor knife? No? Box cutter in his back pocket? A gun that can kill or main something or someone?

Kids don't need weapons.

As far as I'm concerned you are an irresponsible parent for failing in your duty to see that your kid receives the knowledge needed to become a responsible adult. Weapons, knives, and other tools exist in the real world and you living in denial isn't going to change that. All you're doing is assuring that your kid will be ignorant of what to do and how to act when they are inevitably encountered.

My grandson:

Obviously there is no adult in charge. Or anyone who knows anything about guns.

Second photo - rifle pointed at a child's gut.

STOOOPID.

Not to mention that the child's grandfather is an idiot for posting these photos on a public message board. Apparently, you have no friggen clue but, I'm sure as hell not going to educate you.

the gun is clearly not pointed at his gut

stop being hysterical

i just read an update that said they pulled up behind him and may or may not have said put the gun down and as he turned around they opened fire. seems a bit jumpy on the cops part, but won't really know until we get more facts and from the reports the car cam should be facing the kid.

I wonder if he had earplugs in listening to music and couldn't hear the command.

The story is to vague at this point, but the cops seemed to trigger happy from the little information I have so far, I could change my opinion later as more facts come out.

Got a link?

Until a new account emerges that's all anyone can go by.

The one making an assumption is you.

You mean like the assumption Zimmerman was stalking someone? Like the assumption that Zimmerman attacked Martin?

Isn't it telling that certain people bemoan the loss of a 17 year old that chose to ATTACK someone but have no feelings at all for a 13 year old that did nothing to anyone?

No.

The difference there is that gz said he stalked Trayvon even though Trayvon tried to get away from him. gz also admitted to murdering Trayvon.

liar, he never admitted either of those things.

when you start to be honest luddly, you might see more respect coming your way.

I wonder if he had earplugs in listening to music and couldn't hear the command.

The story is to vague at this point, but the cops seemed to trigger happy from the little information I have so far, I could change my opinion later as more facts come out.

You'd think that seeing cops with their weapons drawn, he'd take off the headset or whatever to see what was up.

That's assuming your theory is correct.

If you were looking down the barrel at what appears to be an AK, you could either be trigger happy or dead. Which do you prefer?

You'd think that seeing cops with their weapons drawn, he'd take off the headset or whatever to see what was up.

If you were looking down the barrel at what appears to be an AK, you could either be trigger happy or dead. Which do you prefer?

I am just speculating, only because it seems stupid to not put your gun down if you have a bunch of cops asking you to.

I haven't read anything saying he had earplugs in listening to music, I am just reaching for straws for an explanation.:tongue:

I am just speculating, only because it seems stupid to not put your gun down if you have a bunch of cops asking you to.

I haven't read anything saying he had earplugs in listening to music, I am just reaching for straws for an explanation.:tongue:

Not everything can be explained or understood. It's best to wait and see what other information comes out. It could've been a case of suicide by cop.

Forum List

Back