Kiling live pigeons for sport.

The game preserve at Ft. Sill? Are you referring to the Wichita Mountains Preserve? So your grandfather is taking credit for establishing it?

I've killed birds that I did not eat, but were eaten by the cat or fox or coyote that was always around.

I don't remember the name dude, I was just an Army brat. He was a conservationist before his time in the early sixties. Lawton is horrible place to live.

My grandfather has been dead since 89 so he's not taking credit for anything.

Well, seeing as how the preserve was established in 1901, I seriously doubt he had anything to do with it's establishment. He may have worked there, but so have a lot of other people. But you claimed he established it, hence my question. But again, all this proves is that you don't really know what you're talking about, you just enjoy passing judgement on people you know nothing about.

Apples and oranges.

Apples and oranges? Yeah when i shoot one of those peskey squirrels that eat my bird food another animal will eat it, but one of those peskey " to you" little babies gets stabbed in the back of the head, he or she gets thrown in the trash. Apples to oranges? No, i call it right from wrong.

Don't take it out on me. I never killed a baby.

But you support it samething.

The game preserve at Ft. Sill? Are you referring to the Wichita Mountains Preserve? So your grandfather is taking credit for establishing it?

I've killed birds that I did not eat, but were eaten by the cat or fox or coyote that was always around.

I don't remember the name dude, I was just an Army brat. He was a conservationist before his time in the early sixties. Lawton is horrible place to live.

My grandfather has been dead since 89 so he's not taking credit for anything.

Well, seeing as how the preserve was established in 1901, I seriously doubt he had anything to do with it's establishment. He may have worked there, but so have a lot of other people. But you claimed he established it, hence my question. But again, all this proves is that you don't really know what you're talking about, you just enjoy passing judgement on people you know nothing about.

I'm just passing on what I was told. I don't know if it was a part of the reserve or the original or some kind of expansion. I just know it involved birds, heavily. I'll take his word and the words of the late Colonel Stratton as my proof.

When you read this thread you begin to realize why this world is such a messed up place. There is so much cruelty, unwarranted that is, and to make the matter worse, people wear these acts of cruelty as badges of honor.

Are you a vegan?

When you read this thread you begin to realize why this world is such a messed up place. There is so much cruelty, unwarranted that is, and to make the matter worse, people wear these acts of cruelty as badges of honor.

Are you a vegan?

That's not the point.

Of course it is.

Getting up of the high horse "look at these evil cruel people who kill their own meat" these hypocrites say while cutting up a t-bone at the dinner table.

That t-bone and that hamburger and those pork chops and those chicken nuggets didn't magically appear at the grocery store.

I have a lovely video if they'd like to see it...

I imagine they do not...better to live in the fantasy world where meat comes from the meat fairy to all the good boy and girls.

Are you a vegan?

That's not the point.

Of course it is.

Getting up of the high horse "look at these evil cruel people who kill their own meat" these hypocrites say while cutting up a t-bone at the dinner table.

That t-bone and that hamburger and those pork chops and those chicken nuggets didn't magically appear at the grocery store.

I have a lovely video if they'd like to see it...

I imagine they do not...better to live in the fantasy world where meat comes from the meat fairy to all the good boy and girls.

And don't waste a single bite as then the animal died for no purpose. That is, except possibly sport?

Once you have disemboweled and removed the feathers from those pigeons, wash them real good, allow them to marinate for a couple hours in Good Seasons Italian Dressing - the kind you make yourself from the packet of herbs. Then cook them over charcoal. They are YUMMY! Pigeons, AKA doves, are mostly white meat. Not as meaty as guinea fowl, but still make a very good supper.
Doves would be pissed to hear you say that! Pigeons are sky rats! They shit of statues, cars, window sills, hay in the barn and anything else they can roost over. Doves generally just shit on whatever might be beneath the power lines.

Now, now...that's not true. People have been killing animals for food ever since they learned how to do so.

Really? You're equating the shooting of birds to the killing of babies? You just helped to support my opinion that you need more help than just clarification.

It's a fact that a lot of notorious sadistic serial killers started out killing animals, just saying.
Animal cruelty and hunting are not synonymous.

There is no "sport" in this activity.
Sure there is. Hunting is now more of a sport than a necessity. There are still hoards of people that must hunt and fish to eat. However, the cattle ranchers, pig farmers, goat herders, chicken breeders, fish farmers, commercial fishermen and the like have made hunting unnecessary for the biggest part of us. I hunted for sport and killed lots and lots of animals, but I made sure that people and other animals got a chance to eat the meat of the prey I hunted. I have no remorse for it.

I believe that all life forms are connected. Om, Om.
Yes they are. Animals have been eating animals since animals came into existence. Let the killing continue. I like to eat the meat. Take a trip to Indonesia and see what people eat.

Hell yeah. Glory, glory, hallelujah, we whupped your asses.

Who's this "we"?

The South was building ironclads out of scarp railroad iron and STILL humiliating the North.

C.S.S. Arkansas.

The South was at an industrial disadvantage...not so much the case today.

I'll take a carnivorous Southern country boy over a vegan Yankee snookie every day of the week and twice on Sunday. :D

So, care to go best out of three? ;)

I hates to break it to you show me state, but Misery is not the south. I know, you had plenty battles, 776 to be exact up there plus Quantrill and his rabble, but Misery ain't the south. Just saying. Maybe you should move some place more civilized like your neighbor to the south. IQ's actually increase as you move south, which is rare here. Every time I go to Misery it's just camaros on blocks, and trailer houses, kind of like most of Arkansas. :razz:
I don't think you know very much about the State of Missouri. Its sons and daughters have done a lot for this nation just to list a few:

Richard Smalley, Nobel prize winning chemist

George Washington Carver, Botanist and Educator

Edwin Hubble, Astronomer after whom the Hubble Telescope is named

Jack Kilby, Inventor of the Integrated Circuit

President Harry Truman

Senator Fulbright, Fulbright Scholarships

T.S. Eliot, Nobel Prize winning author of The Wasteland

Dale Carnegie, author

William Lear, Lear Jets

J. C. Penney, Golden Rule Store aka JC Penney's

Nellie Davis Taloe Ross, First Woman Governor in the US (WY)

Omar Bradley, Bradley tank

Ed Asner, actor

Don Johnson, actor

Jean Harlow, actress

Kathleen Turner, actress

Scott Bacula, actor

Yogi Berra, baseball legend

Rush Limbaugh

Mark Twain, author

Roy Wilkins, NAACP president

Charles Marion Russell, western artist and historian

Jesse James, outlaw

Henry and Richard Bloch, founders H&R Block

Sam Walton, WalMart CEO

Joyce Hall, founder Hallmark Cards

Adolphus Busch, founder of Anheuser-Busch Brewing

William Danforth, founder of Ralston Purina Company

Dwight Davis, Tennis player and founder of Davis Cup

Bill Bradley, Basketball Hall of Famer and U.S. Senator

Rusty Wallace, 1989 NASCAR Winston Cup champion

Carl Edwards, 2007 NASCAR BUSCH champion

Maya Angelou, author and poet

Mary Engelbreit, artist, author, quilt designer

Stone Phillips, News Commentator

Laura Ingalls Wilder, Author

Christian Cantwell, Gold Medal Olympian in Shot put, born 1980

Charles Lindbergh, aviator

Linda Blair, actress

Joan Crawford

Robert Cummings

Walt Disney, artist, animator

James Franciscus

Cliff Edwards

Betty Grable

Robert Guilliaume

Dennis Hopper

John Huston

Kevin Kline

Marsha Mason

Geraldine Page

Brad Pitt

William Powell

Ginger Rogers

Dick Van Dyke

Dennis Weaver

Jane Wyman

Redd Foxx

Dick Gregory

Mort Walker (Beetle Bailey) cartoonist

Scott Joplin, composer, ragtime artist

Eminem

Burt Bacharach

Walter Cronkite

Joe Garagiola, Sr.

John J. Pershing, General of the US Armies

Maxwell D. Taylor, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Calamity Jane, frontierswoman

Emmett Kelley, clown

Dred Scott

William Becknell, founded Santa Fe Trail

Norbert Wiener, mathematician

Once you have disemboweled and removed the feathers from those pigeons, wash them real good, allow them to marinate for a couple hours in Good Seasons Italian Dressing - the kind you make yourself from the packet of herbs. Then cook them over charcoal. They are YUMMY! Pigeons, AKA doves, are mostly white meat. Not as meaty as guinea fowl, but still make a very good supper.
Doves would be pissed to hear you say that! Pigeons are sky rats! They shit of statues, cars, window sills, hay in the barn and anything else they can roost over. Doves generally just shit on whatever might be beneath the power lines.

Now, now...that's not true. People have been killing animals for food ever since they learned how to do so.

Animal cruelty and hunting are not synonymous.

There is no "sport" in this activity.
Sure there is. Hunting is now more of a sport than a necessity. There are still hoards of people that must hunt and fish to eat. However, the cattle ranchers, pig farmers, goat herders, chicken breeders, fish farmers, commercial fishermen and the like have made hunting unnecessary for the biggest part of us. I hunted for sport and killed lots and lots of animals, but I made sure that people and other animals got a chance to eat the meat of the prey I hunted. I have no remorse for it.

I believe that all life forms are connected. Om, Om.
Yes they are. Animals have been eating animals since animals came into existence. Let the killing continue. I like to eat the meat. Take a trip to Indonesia and see what people eat.
Have you ever been under a bridge? People shit under bridges all the time. Should we shoot people who do this?

Only if they look suspicious.

Who's this "we"?

The South was building ironclads out of scarp railroad iron and STILL humiliating the North.

C.S.S. Arkansas.

The South was at an industrial disadvantage...not so much the case today.

I'll take a carnivorous Southern country boy over a vegan Yankee snookie every day of the week and twice on Sunday. :D

So, care to go best out of three? ;)

I hates to break it to you show me state, but Misery is not the south. I know, you had plenty battles, 776 to be exact up there plus Quantrill and his rabble, but Misery ain't the south. Just saying. Maybe you should move some place more civilized like your neighbor to the south. IQ's actually increase as you move south, which is rare here. Every time I go to Misery it's just camaros on blocks, and trailer houses, kind of like most of Arkansas. :razz:
I don't think you know very much about the State of Missouri. Its sons and daughters have done a lot for this nation just to list a few:

Richard Smalley, Nobel prize winning chemist

George Washington Carver, Botanist and Educator

Edwin Hubble, Astronomer after whom the Hubble Telescope is named

Jack Kilby, Inventor of the Integrated Circuit

President Harry Truman

Senator Fulbright, Fulbright Scholarships

T.S. Eliot, Nobel Prize winning author of The Wasteland

Dale Carnegie, author

William Lear, Lear Jets

J. C. Penney, Golden Rule Store aka JC Penney's

Nellie Davis Taloe Ross, First Woman Governor in the US (WY)

Omar Bradley, Bradley tank

Ed Asner, actor

Don Johnson, actor

Jean Harlow, actress

Kathleen Turner, actress

Scott Bacula, actor

Yogi Berra, baseball legend

Rush Limbaugh

Mark Twain, author

Roy Wilkins, NAACP president

Charles Marion Russell, western artist and historian

Jesse James, outlaw