Kiling live pigeons for sport.

I hates to break it to you show me state, but Misery is not the south. I know, you had plenty battles, 776 to be exact up there plus Quantrill and his rabble, but Misery ain't the south. Just saying. Maybe you should move some place more civilized like your neighbor to the south. IQ's actually increase as you move south, which is rare here. Every time I go to Misery it's just camaros on blocks, and trailer houses, kind of like most of Arkansas. :razz:
I don't think you know very much about the State of Missouri. Its sons and daughters have done a lot for this nation just to list a few:

Richard Smalley, Nobel prize winning chemist

George Washington Carver, Botanist and Educator

Edwin Hubble, Astronomer after whom the Hubble Telescope is named

Jack Kilby, Inventor of the Integrated Circuit

President Harry Truman

Senator Fulbright, Fulbright Scholarships

T.S. Eliot, Nobel Prize winning author of The Wasteland

Dale Carnegie, author

William Lear, Lear Jets

J. C. Penney, Golden Rule Store aka JC Penney's

Nellie Davis Taloe Ross, First Woman Governor in the US (WY)

Omar Bradley, Bradley tank

Ed Asner, actor

Don Johnson, actor

Jean Harlow, actress

Kathleen Turner, actress

Scott Bacula, actor

Yogi Berra, baseball legend

Rush Limbaugh

Mark Twain, author

Roy Wilkins, NAACP president

Charles Marion Russell, western artist and historian

Jesse James, outlaw

Henry and Richard Bloch, founders H&R Block

Sam Walton, WalMart CEO

Joyce Hall, founder Hallmark Cards

Adolphus Busch, founder of Anheuser-Busch Brewing

William Danforth, founder of Ralston Purina Company

Dwight Davis, Tennis player and founder of Davis Cup

Bill Bradley, Basketball Hall of Famer and U.S. Senator

Rusty Wallace, 1989 NASCAR Winston Cup champion

Carl Edwards, 2007 NASCAR BUSCH champion

Maya Angelou, author and poet

Mary Engelbreit, artist, author, quilt designer

Stone Phillips, News Commentator

Laura Ingalls Wilder, Author

Christian Cantwell, Gold Medal Olympian in Shot put, born 1980

Charles Lindbergh, aviator

Linda Blair, actress

Joan Crawford

Robert Cummings

Walt Disney, artist, animator

James Franciscus

Cliff Edwards

Betty Grable

Robert Guilliaume

Dennis Hopper

John Huston

Kevin Kline

Marsha Mason

Geraldine Page

Brad Pitt

William Powell

Ginger Rogers

Dick Van Dyke

Dennis Weaver

Jane Wyman

Redd Foxx

Dick Gregory

Mort Walker (Beetle Bailey) cartoonist

Scott Joplin, composer, ragtime artist

Eminem

Burt Bacharach

Walter Cronkite

Joe Garagiola, Sr.

John J. Pershing, General of the US Armies

Maxwell D. Taylor, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Calamity Jane, frontierswoman

Emmett Kelley, clown

Dred Scott

William Becknell, founded Santa Fe Trail

Norbert Wiener, mathematician

You forgot Jesse James.:eusa_angel:

Nope it's on the list

Frank James is not though

Nope it's on the list

Neither is a distant relative Cole Younger, who was always ticked that the gang was named after the James boys instead of him and his brothers. :lol:

the-james-younger-gang-l-r-cole-younger-jesse-james-bob-younger-frank-james.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you know very much about the State of Missouri. Its sons and daughters have done a lot for this nation just to list a few:

President Harry Truman

Dale Carnegie, author

William Lear, Lear Jets

Ed Asner, actor

Don Johnson, actor

Jean Harlow, actress

Kathleen Turner, actress

Scott Bacula, actor

Rush Limbaugh

Mark Twain, author

Jesse James, outlaw

Sam Walton, WalMart CEO

Linda Blair, actress

Joan Crawford

Robert Cummings

James Franciscus

Cliff Edwards

Betty Grable

Robert Guilliaume

Dennis Hopper

John Huston

Kevin Kline

Marsha Mason

Geraldine Page

Brad Pitt

William Powell

Ginger Rogers

Dick Van Dyke

Dennis Weaver

Jane Wyman

Redd Foxx

Dick Gregory

Eminem

Burt Bacharach

Walter Cronkite

Joe Garagiola, Sr.

Emmett Kelley, clown

Dred Scott

Nope it's on the list

Dennis Hopper, my idol.

Let's back up a bit. I have ZERO problem killing feral animals that become a nuisance. I try not to but sometimes you have no choice.

What I do have a problem with is taking animals as trophies. Fish might be an exception but it's the same thing.

If your going to shoot it, eat it.

If you want to mount it's damn head on wall, OK, but at least eat it.

This is the number 1 reason I despise the likes of the former Teddy R. Fat, murdering pig.

Let's back up a bit. I have ZERO problem killing feral animals that become a nuisance. I try not to but sometimes you have no choice.

What I do have a problem with is taking animals as trophies. Fish might be an exception but it's the same thing.

If your going to shoot it, eat it.

If you want to mount it's damn head on wall, OK, but at least eat it.

This is the number 1 reason I despise the likes of the former Teddy R. Fat, murdering pig.

Imo, trophies are penis substitutes.

Well don't move to the South!

DD and I were talking about that today. We're not used to the hunting seasons they have here. DD said, "I can't believe the animals they eat here: squirrel, frog, alligator, snake! Some animals just shouldn't be eaten. Yuck." I had to laugh. Dove season will be upon us soon.

Well then you would just love the fool at Home Depot who was helping us choose a squirrel proof bird feeder. His name tag really did read "Bubba". He showed us one that actually decapitates the squirrel and then he said, and I SWEAR this is true:

"That way you eat, the birds eat, everybody's happy".

Drive the roads around my place at the lake and I swear, you can hear the banjos playing.

Dove season? Disgusting how the hunt 'n' grunt types shoot at anything that moves, shoots from their trucks and cars, shoots from right under a "no hunting" sign. Just be sure you kill them with that first shot cuz I hear they charge when wounded. And, pardon me if I hope you break a tooth on your own buckshot.

(A while back, at a big dinner, one of the big brave hunters was complaining that he had done just that. I was surprised as how many of our fellow diners applauded the dove.)

I didn't watch the op video but if it's the Hegins slaughter, that blood bath has been an annual event for a long time. Why anyone thinks a canned hunt is "sportsman-like" is beyond me. Its just plain cowardly, as is hunting in general.

In general, hunters do a lot more damage than they're puny taxes ever pay for. Frankly, I wish they'd "harvest" each other.

(No, I don't eat meat.)

DD and I were talking about that today. We're not used to the hunting seasons they have here. DD said, "I can't believe the animals they eat here: squirrel, frog, alligator, snake! Some animals just shouldn't be eaten. Yuck." I had to laugh. Dove season will be upon us soon.

Well then you would just love the fool at Home Depot who was helping us choose a squirrel proof bird feeder. His name tag really did read "Bubba". He showed us one that actually decapitates the squirrel and then he said, and I SWEAR this is true:

Drive the roads around my place at the lake and I swear, you can hear the banjos playing.

Dove season? Disgusting how the hunt 'n' grunt types shoot at anything that moves, shoots from their trucks and cars, shoots from right under a "no hunting" sign. Just be sure you kill them with that first shot cuz I hear they charge when wounded. And, pardon me if I hope you break a tooth on your own buckshot.

(A while back, at a big dinner, one of the big brave hunters was complaining that he had done just that. I was surprised as how many of our fellow diners applauded the dove.)

I didn't watch the op video but if it's the Hegins slaughter, that blood bath has been an annual event for a long time. Why anyone thinks a canned hunt is "sportsman-like" is beyond me. Its just plain cowardly, as is hunting in general.

In general, hunters do a lot more damage than they're puny taxes ever pay for. Frankly, I wish they'd "harvest" each other.

(No, I don't eat meat.)

They leave these dead animals to rot and cause diseases. Flies spread the diseases.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqh1nkv2lO4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqh1nkv2lO4[/ame]

Kiling live pigeons for sport.

Seems more sporting than killing dead ones.

Not really.

Pigeons are often called rats with wings and in one way, that's correct - Us humans are the cause of both problems.

Pigeons are descendant from the very regal Rock Dove of Sardinia. Humans decided to "like" them and its been downhill for them ever since.

Come to think of it, just about the worst thing that can happen to an animal is to catch the fancy of humans.

(No, I don't eat meat.)

Well of course you don't eat meat. That would make you more human.

Sweden is a nice place for you. You'd fit right in, but even the sociialst dogs that inhabit that peaceful, beautiful place still eat meat. Horse is a tasty treat.

Last edited:

(No, I don't eat meat.)

They leave these dead animals to rot and cause diseases. Flies spread the diseases.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqh1nkv2lO4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqh1nkv2lO4[/ame]

Hunters often brag that they brought white tail deer back from the brink of extinction. Truth is, the white tail is the biggest failure in a long list of failures of failures.

The white tail was doing just fine until hunters started killing off their natural predators AND hunted them until there were very few left. When they realized they were about to lose one of their favorite targets, they decided to "protect" it and "manage" it.

The result is that today, the white tail deer has the status of vermin, causing hundreds of car accidents every year, especially during hunting season when they're on the run, wildly, blindly, away from the noise and stench of hunters in their forests.

Insurance companies are pushing for regulations that state they don't have to pay for deer-related accidents.

Even though white tails are so numerous that its dangerous to drive at dawn and dusk in some areas, the government actually pays deer farms to breed more to be released for target practice.

Interestingly, deer constitute less than 5% of the total of billions of animals killed and maimed by idiot hunters. Most of the dead and maimed are birds.

Deer are a plague. They are dangerous, disgusting creatures. I enjoy eating them. I don't hunt them however. Ever been attacked by a buck with a stiffy? I have. That was a bloody fight that didn't end well for the deer or my back. I eventually killed his sorry ass and left him to rot. That's the only time I'll take down an animal, but that deer got what it deserved. Nature is a bitch but sometimes the rules of the jungle are necessary for survival.

Last edited:
Deer annoy me. What annoys me more is when uninvited trespassers set up blinds in my upper fields. Apparently, Cleatus and his brothers Jasper and Darrell can't read. Apparently, they missed the fact that I'm well armed, pissed off, and 6-8.

I tear the blinds up sometimes putting the expensive ones at the bottom of the drive with a for sale sign on them. Typically, after that what occurs can only be described as redneck revenge. Bubba and his inbred kin shoot up my mailbox. Wow, I'm so scared. Rednecks love shooting signs an mailboxes. It's as normal as tipping cows.

Of course, before I go up there to confront the mother humping, toothless, inbred white trash I bring the K bar, the body armor and my fully equipped AR. The worst they have is a stupid bolt action deer rifle. Rednecks please.

They always seem to magically disappear before I get close enough. Sucks for them because I don't back down to confrontations.

Last edited:
Deer annoy me. What annoys me more is when uninvited trespassers set up blinds in my upper fields. Apparently, Cleatus and his brothers Jasper and Darrell can't read. Apparently, they missed the fact that I'm well armed, pissed off, and 6-8.

I tear the blinds up sometimes putting the expensive ones at the bottom of the drive with a for sale sign on them. Typically, after that what occurs can only be described as redneck revenge. Bubba and his inbred kin shoot up my mailbox. Wow, I'm so scared. Rednecks love shooting signs an mailboxes. It's as normal as tipping cows.

Of course, before I go up there to confront the mother humping, toothless, inbred white trash I bring the K bar, the body armor and my fully equipped AR. The worst they have is a stupid bolt action deer rifle. Rednecks please.

They always seem to magically disappear before I get close enough. Sucks for them because I don't back down to confrontations.

LOL. Do you have any sheep.
That's when they really are a problem. You can always spot them though. They always wear hip boots and hang our on the edge of cliffs.:eusa_drool:

I hates to break it to you show me state, but Misery is not the south. I know, you had plenty battles, 776 to be exact up there plus Quantrill and his rabble, but Misery ain't the south. Just saying. Maybe you should move some place more civilized like your neighbor to the south. IQ's actually increase as you move south, which is rare here. Every time I go to Misery it's just camaros on blocks, and trailer houses, kind of like most of Arkansas. :razz:

President Harry Truman

Dale Carnegie, author

William Lear, Lear Jets

Ed Asner, actor

Don Johnson, actor

Jean Harlow, actress

Kathleen Turner, actress

Scott Bacula, actor

Rush Limbaugh

Mark Twain, author

Jesse James, outlaw

Sam Walton, WalMart CEO

Linda Blair, actress

Joan Crawford

Robert Cummings

James Franciscus

Cliff Edwards

Betty Grable

Robert Guilliaume

Dennis Hopper

John Huston

Kevin Kline

Marsha Mason

Geraldine Page

Brad Pitt

William Powell

Ginger Rogers

Dick Van Dyke

Dennis Weaver

Jane Wyman

Redd Foxx

Dick Gregory

Eminem

Burt Bacharach

Walter Cronkite

Joe Garagiola, Sr.

Emmett Kelley, clown

Dred Scott

Did not. :tongue:

No sheep. I've considered goats.

I don't mind hunters but they need to ask first or risk serious bodily injury. I'm not the kind who calls cops because I don't need them and I don't like them.

I'll walk up on these mother humpers with an audible warning as not to make them reach for a weapon but if they point their silly deer rifles at me then I'll zip them with 30 rounds of 5 .56 with no second thought.

I like animals more than I like people. Women, children, elderly and the disabled are, of course, not on that list. You don't see animals polluting the planet or screwing each over for profit.

That is for Snookie.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back