🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kim Davis needs to go to jail

And the constitutional basis for overturning bans on same sex marriage had nothing to do with financial regulation. Making your argument a pointless strawman.

Read Obergefell. They lay out their constitutional basis. And its nothing you've cited.
I didn't say collecting money for issuing marriage licenses was a Constitutional reason to or not to issue them at all. I was just wondering if states do not HAVE to, why is a tax / fee charged for issuing them?

My point was, this fee is basically associated with the act of getting government benefits associated with being registered as a couple, not with 'getting married'. I imagine a couple can be married, assuming would perform the ceremony, without a marriage license if they only cared about the act and God's blessing on the union, which marriage is, and if they do not care about all the perks and 'bennies' provided by the government that comes along with getting a license and being 'officially registered and licensed' as a couple.

Americans were getting married LONG before the State sought to license such. That's very true.

But licensing came about as a means to prohibit polygamy and other deviancies from corrupting marriage.

Says who?

Speaking of a long history, you have a long history of just making shit up. Show us where state recognized marriage was created to 'prevent the corruption of marriage'.

The human race is simply now a mirror image of itself, with the Left using the law to corrupt... instead of using the law to do what it is designed for.

The human race is just fine. And the recognition of rights isn't 'corruption'. Its equal protection.

Kim Davis would win a recall by a landslide. To believe otherwise is a massive misread of the situation.

A significant majority of US Citizens and 100% of Americans reject the SCOTUS decision... and the Americans recognize that the SCOTUS does not duly posses the power to simply pull decisions out of their collective ass, which is what the Relativists on the Court did.

I actually believe she would, too. Look, the Federal Government is imposing its will on the states - to believe otherwise is also is a massive mis-read of the situation. States already made their decisions by voting to define marriage as between a man and a woman. The Federal govt stepped in and made 'null and void' those votes / elections in which a majority of people made a choice. (Not claiming a 'right or 'wrong' here.) The people spoke....the federal government rejected their majority democratic vote and imposed its own will.

Whether you like it or not, Davis is forced to comply with the federal decision...or step down.

She made her point. She brought God and this issue to a national stage - good for her. Continuing to go forward the way she is, however, begins to do more harm than good, making it seem all about her rather than about God / God's word. 'To God's Glory'...not Kim Davis'.
The issue now is the ACLU'S trying to force her into advocating for ssm, not just allow it to happen.

I think they're going to lose that argument.
I think she'll lose unless someone challenges the legality of the marriage certificates that she has raised questions about.

You have your opinion but no legal status to make a ruling...its just an opinion I have a different opinion...

Yes, but MY opinion is based on FACT, LAW, REALITY....where YOUR opinion is based on ignorant, partisan BIAS!

Its not a fact that Obama was cited for contempt. Obama is never mentioned in the contempt order. Making your claim factually inaccurate.

Kim Davis was found in contempt of court. She's specifically mentioned in the contempt finding. Providing you with a stark and obvious difference between your imagined example....and an actual one.

You have your opinion but no legal status to make a ruling...its just an opinion I have a different opinion...

Yes, but MY opinion is based on FACT, LAW, REALITY....where YOUR opinion is based on ignorant, partisan BIAS!

According to you, Obama, a liberal elected official does NOT - unlike Davis - have to uphold, enforce, or comply with the law, that HE can choose NOT to enforce a law if he so chooses, and that is ok. This is exactly what he did with refusing to enforce DOMA, refusing to enforce existing US Immigration law, what his administration did by refusing to comply with a federal judge's court order to end a ban on deep water drilling, what his administration did when they refused to comply with a federal judge's court order to hand over all of Obama's e-mails between him and the DOJ regarding Fast-and-Furious.

At the same time you declare a conservative elected official MUST uphold, enforce, and comply with the law.

Like I said several times earlier, those who subscribe to such beliefs are a 'special kind of stupid' because BY CHOICE they are devoid of common sense and instead rely on biased partisanship to define for them what is 'equal accountability under the law'. What people like THIS call 'equal accountability' really equates to hypocrisy.
Those are all opinions ...my opinion is that I am more fact based , more law based and more in touch with reality...

According to me, Obama was never held in contempt of court. Kim Davis was.

And according to the federal judges, Obama was never held in contempt of court. Kim Davis was.

So much for your 'example'.

Oh I know, we have already established the fact that you believe that Obama never had anything to do with ordering a deep water ban on drilling or the decision to ignore a federal court order to lift the ban, that it was a 'rogue' member of his administration that acted alone....that Obama was not the one to issue the Un-Constitutional Amnesty then violate the court order to stop and revoke them - that once again it was a rogue member who acted alone without every talking to Obama. Yes, we know that Obama is not responsible for anything his administration does, according to liberals like yourself, and that when the OBAMA Administration is held in Contempt of Court it in no way is connected to the incompetent, inept man in the WH who has no say or control over what his administration is doing.

If she does have to go back to jail, I just hope she can find some nice lady who will help her do something about that hair. I mean it's wrong to criticize people for their body type or attractiveness, but there's no excuse to not having a decent cut.
Maybe she can take lessons from Trump.
" We shall over- comb some day!"

According to me, Obama was never held in contempt of court. Kim Davis was.

And according to the federal judges, Obama was never held in contempt of court. Kim Davis was.

So much for your 'example'.

Oh I know, we have already established the fact that you believe that Obama never had anything to do with ordering a deep water ban on drilling or the decision to ignore a federal court order to lift the ban, that it was a 'rogue' member of his administration that acted alone..

I don't think 'facts' mean what you think they mean. As so far you've equated them with whatever hapless nonsense you want to make up.

The fact remains: Obama has never been held in contempt. He's never been cited as being in contempt by any court of law. Davis has.

You can't get around that.

[QUOTE="TyroneSlothrop, post: 12381246, member: 45552]
Those are all opinions ...my opinion is that I am more fact based , more law based and more in touch with reality...[/QUOTE]

That's right - 'double-down' on 'stupid' by declaring that a President's job is NOT to uphold and defend the Constitution and enforce US laws' and that he has the right to pick and choose which ones he will and not enforce, like Davis did.
:lmao:

Imagine believing that other people's loving marriages reflect badly upon you -- but your first 3 marriages don't.

Those are all opinions ...my opinion is that I am more fact based , more law based and more in touch with reality...

That's right - 'double-down' on 'stupid' by declaring that a President's job is NOT to uphold and defend the Constitution and enforce US laws' and that he has the right to pick and choose which ones he will and not enforce, like Davis did.
:lmao:[/QUOTE]

Its Your opinion which carries zero legal weight that Obama has broken any laws....it means nothing legally...

I don't think 'facts' mean what you think they mean. As so far you've equated them with whatever hapless nonsense you want to make up.

The fact remains: Obama has never been held in contempt. He's never been cited as being in contempt by any court of law. Davis has.

Hey Skyler, who runs the country, the DHS or Obama?
Can the DHS order a deep water drilling ban without Obama's approval...and then declare - in the name of the Obama administration - they have no intention to obey a court order ordering the ban be lifted?

If you say YES, then you are admitting that Obama is an incompetent puppet who does not run his own administration and that he has a 'rogue administration'. According to you, without Obama's ok, the DHS did all this, breaking the law yet never being punished by Obama for doing so.

And what YOU can't get around is that Obama refused to enforce existing law - the DOMA - when he came into office. This is documented fact. Much like Davis refusing to allow her employees to do the marriage certificates, Obama declared he was ordering the DOJ NOT to enforce/up-hold DOMA. This is undeniable, irrefutable documented history! You can continue to go on record as saying, insanely, that what he did is completely different than what Davis did, but you are wrong! BOTH ignored, refused to comply with the law.

...but it's good to be the king. Obama has violated the Constitution and Law his entire time on office, and nothing has ever come of it. Good for him.

Hey Skyler, who runs the country, the DHS or Obama?

Hey, Easy.......show me Obama's name on any contempt order. Its that simple.

You can't. As Obama isn't cited in any of them. Kim Davis was cited in a contempt order.

Those are the facts. And you're ignoring them. And guess what? It doesn't matter in the slightest, as neither your willful ignorance nor your opinion have the slightest impact on any law or any court ruling.

And Kim Davis will likely go back to prison if she continues to defy the court order she'll likely go back to jail. As she was the one found in contempt. Not the Clerk's office.

When you violate the Order of a Court, in letter and principal, you need to go to jail.

kim "sanctity of marriage but married four times" walker, doesn't understand the English language or the fact that when the Court tells you to do something... you do it.

loon.....

Kim Davis went back to work as a Kentucky county clerk last week after a stint in jail and a pledge that she wouldn't interfere with deputies who were issuing wedding licenses to same-sex couples.

But in a court motion filed Monday, the American Civil Liberties Union said that she was doing just that.

After returning to her job on Sept. 14 as the Rowan County clerk, the filing said, Davis "immediately" began meddling with licenses that the office's deputy clerk, Brian Mason, was issuing.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Is Meddling and Altering Marriage Licenses, ACLU Says

and no... no religion requires you to be a bigot... and if she can't do her job, the wacko bird, hypocritt needs to quit.

No you don't. The court just made the law out of thin air. You should know that.
Equal protection was made by congress, then I think it had to be ratified... by Kentucky even. This woman's trying to trample on the first part of the first part of the First Amendment.

The opinions of anonymous posters on a board is not the same as actual legal court rulings...That seems obvious

Agreed - it is legally documented / recorded how Obama himself refused to uphold DOMA and ordered the DOJ not to obey / enforce the law...but an anonymous poster has declared this not to be the same as Davis refusing to obey / enforce the law and ordering her employees not to. GREAT POINT!

:lmao:[/QUOTE]
Davis is not an Attorney General or Prosecutor with the Constitutional authority of Prosecutorial Discretion. The fact is the President through his Attorney General does have the right to pick and choose. If congress determines he is violating his oath to uphold the constitution and overstepping the right to Prosecutorial Discretion they have the option of impeachment.

Hey, Easy.......show me Obama's name on any contempt order. Its that simple.

Hey Skyler, explain to me again how Obama personally refusing to up-hold / enforce the existing DOMA Law and ordering his employees (the DOJ) not to do so is any way different than Davis personally refusing to up-hold / enforce the existing law regarding marriage and ordering her employees not to do so ....

:wtf:Like I said, you're a 'special kind of stupid'... :lmao:

The opinions of anonymous posters on a board is not the same as actual legal court rulings...That seems obvious

Agreed - it is legally documented / recorded how Obama himself refused to uphold DOMA and ordered the DOJ not to obey / enforce the law...but an anonymous poster has declared this not to be the same as Davis refusing to obey / enforce the law and ordering her employees not to. GREAT POINT!
Ok now get a court order saying Obama has refused to uphold DOMA etc and you are in business...meanwhile its just idle chatter..not so for Kim Davis who has real Legal issues...

Davis is not an Attorney General or Prosecutor with the Constitutional authority of Prosecutorial Discretion. The fact is the President through his Attorney General does have the right to pick and choose. If congress determines he is violating his oath to uphold the constitution and overstepping the right to Prosecutorial Discretion they have the option of impeachment.

Obama swore an oath to defend and up-hold the Constitution in our laws. So you are saying Obama and the DOJ DID - as I said - choose what laws to enforce and what laws not to enforce based on the fact that they did not agree with the law!

THANK YOU for finally admitting it!

Forum List

Back