Kim Potter Found Guilty

What is most unfair is when a bright white kid from an underprivileged background, with excellent grades and scores, is rejected in favor of a black kid from a middle class background with lower grades and scores.
Why wouldn’t you be more upset with that kid being rejected in favor of a rich kid whose parents know the dean?

That seems far less fair.

Why wouldn’t you be more upset with that kid being rejected in favor of a rich kid whose parents know the dean?

That seems far less fair.
Why are you assuming that the rich kid is white? Where I live, we have tons of affluent blacks - they live in $1 million homes and buy designer shoes.

And I could flip it and ask you why wouldnt you be more upset that the poor white kid whose excellent grades would have opened up a chance out of poverty had his place usurped by a black kid with fsr inferior grades?

The answer: You‘re accepting of whites losing out based on the color of their skin.

Why are you assuming that the rich kid is white? Where I live, we have tons of affluent blacks - they live in $1 million homes and buy designer shoes.

And I could flip it and ask you why wouldnt you be more upset that the poor white kid whose excellent grades would have opened up a chance out of poverty had his place usurped by a black kid with fsr inferior grades?

The answer: You‘re accepting of whites losing out based on the color of their skin.
I never said anything about the rich kid being white. That appears to be your assumption, not mine.

I’m just pointing out that y’all seem more upset about poor black kids getting a lift than rich kids getting a lift.

I never said anything about the rich kid being white. That appears to be your assumption, not mine.

I’m just pointing out that y’all seem more upset about poor black kids getting a lift than rich kids getting a lift.
right there….you’re assuming the black kids are poor and whites are rich. Otherwise, why are you only focused on poor kids who are black? What about the white kid from the poor background who loses his spot to a rich, or even middle class, black kid?

and I’m pointing out that y’all don’t seem to care that middle class blacks with mediocre grades and scores are getting in ahead of poor white kids with much better grades.

and here the unfortunate truth: the blacks admitted under the lower standards struggle to keep up with their white classmates who had to meet a much higher standard to get into the program. As would be expected.

Also, I’m just curious: without naming the admissions program you worked in, was it an Ivy undergrad, a law school, or a med school?

right there….you’re assuming the black kids are poor and whites are rich. Otherwise, why are you only focused on poor kids who are black? What about the white kid from the poor background who loses his spot to a rich, or even middle class, black kid?

and I’m pointing out that y’all don’t seem to care that middle class blacks with mediocre grades and scores are getting in ahead of poor white kids with much better grades.

and here the unfortunate truth: the blacks admitted under the lower standards struggle to keep up with their white classmates who had to meet a much higher standard to get into the program. As would be expected.
Statistically speaking, you’re focusing on a minor issue and ignoring a major one because it’s easier and more convenient to go after black kids than rich kids.

Again, I made no assumptions about the rich kids ethnicity, but we both know the rich white kids are FAR more prevalent than the rich black kids.

Statistically speaking, you’re focusing on a minor issue and ignoring a major one because it’s easier and more convenient to go after black kids than rich kids.
You are ignoring the MAJOR issue: that black kids, regardless of SES, are admitted with significantly lower grades and scores than white kids, including the poor whites. You call THAT a minor issue? We were forced to turn away all sorts of bright white students with near-perfect grades and scores in order to admit much lesser-qualified blacks, who then went on to struggle throughout the entire program.

And you didn’t answer my question: was your work in admissions at the IVY undergrad level, law, or med school?

Also, I’m just curious: without naming the admissions program you worked in, was it an Ivy undergrad, a law school, or a med school?
I did some admission in med school.

Overwhelmingly, the kids getting bumped are the rich white kids. Historically speaking they’re the ones making the most fuss. They can’t admit they’re being bumped by rich kids so they go after the minority kids.

You are ignoring the MAJOR issue: that black kids, regardless of SES, are admitted with significantly lower grades and scores than white kids, including the poor whites. You call THAT a minor issue? We were forced to turn away all sorts of bright white students with near-perfect grades and scores in order to admit much lesser-qualified blacks, who then went on to struggle throughout the entire program.

And you didn’t answer my question: was your work in admissions at the IVY undergrad level, law, or med school?
You’re pretending they poor white kids are getting bumped by rich black kids.

Is that possible? Sure. I guess. But it’s really unlikely.

I did some admission in med school.

Overwhelmingly, the kids getting bumped are the rich white kids. Historically speaking they’re the ones making the most fuss. They can’t admit they’re being bumped by rich kids so they go after the minority kids.
You did “some” work in admissions? Then you’d know that whites with top grades and scores were kicked to the curb while blacks with mediocre grades and scores got in. And if whites with so-so scores were really getting in because…..rich!….that would be reflected in the acceptance statistics. It isn’t.

Thats because it doesn’t occur on the same level as the low admissions standards for blacks. You are just totally focused on getting lesser qualified blacks in and don’t give a squat about the fact that much better whites, even ones from poorer backgrounds, had to give up on med school so that a so-so black kid could go instead.

You’re pretending they poor white kids are getting bumped by rich black kids.

Is that possible? Sure. I guess. But it’s really unlikely.
What‘s your fixation on money? The stats show, regardless of financial status, that blacks get into med school with grades and scores that wouldn’t even garner a white kid the slightest consideration. So apparently, all that money isn’t buying whites many slots. Maybe a few, but if it were substantial, it would show up in the stats.

it isn’t.

So, people have every right to ignore a cop's orders? Where does that work? This shooting was a tragedy but it was a tragedy the 20-year-old HELPED TO OCCUR. He'd been pulled over for a minor offense. If you got pulled over and had done nothing seriously wrong, would YOU try to argue, then leave, after a cop was trying to arrest you? Or should one race be able to ignore the law without consequence?
It's called making an arrest, dipshit. No, people should not be executed for disobeying a cops commands. You're an uncivilized animal.

The criminal that she killed was vile filth that should have been locked in prison for the rest of his natural life. The fact that the media and the left praises this piece of trash is exactly why we need to get the left out of our government. The left is pure evil.

This women messed up but the man she killed was evil and society failed by allowing him to walk free on our streets.

What‘s your fixation on money? The stats show, regardless of financial status, that blacks get into med school with grades and scores that wouldn’t even garner a white kid the slightest consideration. So apparently, all that money isn’t buying whites many slots. Maybe a few, but if it were substantial, it would show up in the stats.

it isn’t.
Because you refuse to acknowledge that legacy status is a problem.

Y’all want to go after the minorities, and excuse the rich kids.

Because you refuse to acknowledge that legacy status is a problem.

Y’all want to go after the minorities, and excuse the rich kids.
Nope….I don’t want to go after minorities, although of course that’s how you’d phrase it. I just want kids to get admitted without racism against whites, which is what affirmative action is.

As an anti-white racist liberal, you are ignoring the unfair bias in favor of lower-performing blacks. And as I said, if there were truly a problem with rich white kids getting in, we would see that reflected in the stats. We don’t.

As far as your doing “some” work in med school admissions, I’m guessing your kid applied to med school, and that’s your work. I worked in a med school admissions program for four years, and I saw what went on.

Deserving white kids with a 3.7 or 3.8 got rejected, and blacks with a 3.2 got in. And what you ended up with was a class where the white students excelled, and 2/3rds of the black students, who were admitted ONLY because of skin color, had to have tutors for all four years.

There is no similarity between Kim Potter and Chauvin at all.
Chauvin deliberately did what he should have known to be lethal, for almost 10 minutes.
Kim Potter made a mistake for a few seconds only, and the midst of extreme turmoil.

I do not see any point in here doing any jail time at all.
If you want to keep weapons away from her, that is fine, but that is all.
It is not like she is a danger to society.
Nothing is accomplished by locking her us for a second.
Her being on the street does more good than harm.

"Poor kids are just as smart as white kids"--the Vegetable

This mindset is built into the left

No it wasn't and you can whine about it for the rest of your life, but Babbitt broke the law, refused to comply with police orders, decided she was going to enter a guarded room during an attack and ended up a casualty.
Why did only one officer shoot? She was not alone. The others were no danger? Babbitt was murdered. And Wright has broken the law many times. According to you that is a good enough reason to kill someone.

What are you, racist?

Why did only one officer shoot? She was not alone. The others were no danger? Babbitt was murdered. And Wright has broken the law many times. According to you that is a good enough reason to kill someone.

What are you, racist?
Lil’ im.2 is absolutely — without question — a racist.

Forum List

Back