Kim Potter Found Guilty

It was pretty clear Coyote. Potter pretty much admitted to profiling Wright. And the fact is an accidental crime is still a crime.
Yes and no….she truly thought she had the taker, so for that she did not intend to kill him, her recorded at time and subsequent actions, she immediately resigned, indicate to me at least a huge remorse. The fact she pulled him over for a minor offense based on profiling was reckless, and resulted in an unintended death. So yes, she does have pay because police are and should be held to a higher standard.

The reason it isn’t so clear to me is that this isn’t some rotten cop with a history of brutality, she was a good officer from everything I read. This wasn’t the calculated cruelty of Chauvin.

It was a tragic mistake and ultimately an unnecessary one that resulted in a loss of life, as the jury determined. So it is less clear cut to me because there isn’t really a villain, but that is Justice right?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
We’re not blocking blacks from going to prestigious schools IF they qualify based on uniform standards. But when you deny the superior student a slot because he’s white, and Instead admit the mediocre black kid in his place, that’s racist.

You lefties are the most racist people I’ve ever seen.
It depends what the school’s admissions criteria are, and it is very seldom soley based on test scores. If a school is seeking a diverse student body that is their right.

• Thanks
Cops should be held to a higher standard? When they are trying to stop the criminals from committing crimes who are refusing arrest. She accidently shot a criminal refusing to be arrested----Cops are human, they too make mistakes sometimes. The criminal's death is not a bad thing for society.
Like elected leaders cops are given a lot power, therefor yes, the need to be held to a higher standard when comes to use of force.

• Thanks
We’re not blocking blacks from going to prestigious schools IF they qualify based on uniform standards. But when you deny the superior student a slot because he’s white, and Instead admit the mediocre black kid in his place, that’s racist.

So what is it Lisa when a qualified black student is passed over for a less qualified white student? How about the less qualified white students who get in because their parents went to the school or because their parents donated money to the school. Do you consider that as racist?

That's better but I sure hope her sentences a lot less than they said it could be. I have no doubt whatsoever it was an honest mistake. Accidents happen especially in chaotic life and death situations.
I agree. I expect less than maximum as a first offender and long time police officer with no history of brutality or misconduct in her past, as we would have heard of it, already, and I imagine sentances would run concurrent.

Joey believes that blacks are not smart enough to compete on a level playing field.

"well, if he would have done what he was told, he wouldnt have gotten shot in the head". Just absolute stupidity.
So, people have every right to ignore a cop's orders? Where does that work? This shooting was a tragedy but it was a tragedy the 20-year-old HELPED TO OCCUR. He'd been pulled over for a minor offense. If you got pulled over and had done nothing seriously wrong, would YOU try to argue, then leave, after a cop was trying to arrest you? Or should one race be able to ignore the law without consequence?

So, people have every right to ignore a cop's orders? Where does that work? This shooting was a tragedy but it was a tragedy the 20-year-old HELPED TO OCCUR. He'd been pulled over for a minor offense. If you got pulled over and had done nothing seriously wrong, would YOU try to argue, then leave, after a cop was trying to arrest you? Or should one race be able to ignore the law without consequence?
That doesn't really make any sense, because black folks end up dead while whites live to tell the story.

• Thanks
Institutional racism is real to people who aren't white. Whites don't fsce it because they are the ones doing it. White privilege is a term made up by a white person. Numerous studied and reports from police departments show how heavy racism is in police departments. But since you're white, you don't face it and unless you see a klan outfit you pretend it doesn't exist even as you participate in it or observe it being done. Potter qualified as a criminal. The trial was fair. She broke the law.
No. It’s not. It just feels real to you because you have delusions. You’re an asshole. When folks notice that about you, it isn’t because of your rave. It’s because you’re an asshole.

Okay, here's where I have to stick up for cops. Cops execute 10 million arrests and 40 million traffic stops a year. Of those, only 1000 involve the use of lethal force. In a country as gun-crazy as this country is, that's amazing in and of itself.

Of those 1000, the vast majority ARE justified. You come after a cop with a gun or a knife, you completely should expect to be shot. True, a lot of cops are able to defuse these situations without using deadly force, and frankly, good on them. ON the other hand, we've had 59 officers shot and killed this year because they didn't react fast enough. Another three were stabbed to death, and 17 were killed in vehicular assaults.

The vast majority of black people and white people who are arrested or stopped are NOT subjected to lethal force.

This doesn't mean that we shouldn't be upset about a case like Wright, or Geo. Floyd, or Laquan McDonald or Tamir Rice, where the police completely overreacted. But we also shouldn't pretend these are common incidents.

50 million arrests and traffic stops a year, and you have what, maybe 10 that are cases of excessive force?
Except there is nothing clear about it. And it’s not even true. No. It wasn’t.

It depends what the school’s admissions criteria are, and it is very seldom soley based on test scores. If a school is seeking a diverse student body that is their right.
I know it’s their right, but they ARE rejecting better-scoring whites with higher grades in order to admit blacks who have worse grades and scores. It’s a racist policy that discriminates against whites.

So what is it Lisa when a qualified black student is passed over for a less qualified white student? How about the less qualified white students who get in because their parents went to the school or because their parents donated money to the school. Do you consider that as racist?
That’s not what’s happening, at least not in the admissions program I worked in. They had two separate admissions standards, an easy one for blacks and a much more demanding one for whites. As a result, whites with a 3.7 were routinely rejected while blacks with a 3.2 were welcomed in with open arms.

As far as parents donating money or legacies, how is that racist? Race doesn‘t enter into it, although I agree that the legacy policy is unfair.

What is most unfair is when a bright white kid from an underprivileged background, with excellent grades and scores, is rejected in favor of a black kid from a middle class background with lower grades and scores.

How Daunte Wright led a life of crime and violence before his death and shot his own friend in the head, broke into a neighbor's home, and robbed a woman at gunpoint​

• Daunte Wright had led a life of crime and violence in the years before his death, DailyMail.com can reveal
  • The 20-year-old was involved in the shooting of two of his school friends, a home burglary, and previously assaulted and robbed a woman at gunpoint
  • Jennifer LeMay said Wright shot her son, Caleb Livingston, 18, in the head and at a gas station and left him to die in an incident in Minneapolis in May 2019
  • Caleb now suffers from a traumatic brain injury and respiratory arrest, and is bound to a wheelchair. He cannot speak and requires 24/7 care
  • LeMay said: 'I have mixed emotions about [Wright's] death, part of me is content knowing he'll never be able to hurt someone again'
  • 'But then the other part is furious. When Kim Potter killed him, she took away any possibly for him to be held criminal accountable for what he did,' she added
  • Another woman, identified only as CV, told DailyMail.com Wright assaulted her and pointed a gun at her in an attempted robbery in December 2019
  • And in 2017, Wright was arrested and charged with felony 1st degree burglary of an occupied dwelling after breaking into his friend's parent's home
Commentary:
What a great guy.. He was turning his life around by ignoring a warrant for his arrest, a career of lifelong felonies including attempted murder and home invasions.
If you comply with a police officer's instructions or you're not a criminal, chances are you'll survive every encounter you have with the police.
The conviction of Kim Potter in the accidental death of Duante Wright is a travesty of Justice.
He was resisting arrest and attempting to flee when he was shot. Had he complied with the orders of the police that day he would have been released before the arresting officer could complete filing the arrest report.
Meanwhile:

Last edited:
Byrd was a trained officer that shot when no other officers did. No ones life was in danger because of Babbitt. He got away with murder.

He was a trained officer and made a righteous shot. That one shot stopped an entire mob from breaching their barricade that was protecting the people the mob was chanting to the death of. Once he fired that one shot they all ran like the fucking cowards they are.

I personally hope he got a medal for his actions.

How Daunte Wright led a life of crime and violence before his death and shot his own friend in the head, broke into a neighbor's home, and robbed a woman at gunpoint​

• Daunte Wright had led a life of crime and violence in the years before his death, DailyMail.com can reveal
  • The 20-year-old was involved in the shooting of two of his school friends, a home burglary, and previously assaulted and robbed a woman at gunpoint
  • Jennifer LeMay said Wright shot her son, Caleb Livingston, 18, in the head and at a gas station and left him to die in an incident in Minneapolis in May 2019
  • Caleb now suffers from a traumatic brain injury and respiratory arrest, and is bound to a wheelchair. He cannot speak and requires 24/7 care
  • LeMay said: 'I have mixed emotions about [Wright's] death, part of me is content knowing he'll never be able to hurt someone again'
  • 'But then the other part is furious. When Kim Potter killed him, she took away any possibly for him to be held criminal accountable for what he did,' she added
  • Another woman, identified only as CV, told DailyMail.com Wright assaulted her and pointed a gun at her in an attempted robbery in December 2019
  • And in 2017, Wright was arrested and charged with felony 1st degree burglary of an occupied dwelling after breaking into his friend's parent's home
Commentary:
What a great guy.. He was turning his life around by ignoring a warrant for his arrest, a career of lifelong felonies including attempted murder and home invasions.
If you comply with a police officer's instructions or you're not a criminal, chances are you'll survive every encounter you have with the police.
The conviction of Kim Potter in the accidental death of Duante Wright is a travesty of Justice.
He was resisting arrest and attempting to flee when he was shot. Had he complied with the orders of the police that day he would have been released before the arresting officer could complete filing the arrest report.
It was a good kill. She spared many lives and much grief. She should get an award

Commentary:
The racism of higher ed admissions, in which two different standards are applied depending on whether you‘re black or white, has now bled over to the justice system. The punishment for a killing committed by a white, even in self-defense or by accident, will be harsh - and moreso if the victim is black. If a black commits a murder, and deliberately, there will be excuses, pressure to let him off, or very little will be heard about it.

Just look at the rash of trials covered on TV lately - all white defendants. Where’s the trial for the lowlife thug who murdered the retired cop?

Leftists say they’re opposed to racism. But they are actually promoting it - when it‘s against whites.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back