🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

King Cyrus, whom God made king of the earth, has there been anyone

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
since in the OT, of which God has anointed and given the 4 corners of the earth. Has there been another , anointed by the God of the OT?? Also Darius, lets not forget God made the Persians caretakers of Israel.

I. The Return from Exile
Chapter 1
The Decree of Cyrus. 1 A)' data-cr="#cen-NABRE-12022A">In the first year of Cyrus,a]' data-fn="#fen-NABRE-12022a">[a] king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia to issue a proclamation throughout his entire kingdom, both by word of mouth and in writing: 2 “Thus says Cyrus, king of Persia: ‘All the kingdoms of the earth the Lord, the God of heaven,b]' data-fn="#fen-NABRE-12023b">[b] has given to me, and he has charged me to build him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. 3 Those among you who belong to any part of his people, may their God be with them! Let them go up to Jerusalem in Judah to build the house of the Lord the God of Israel, that is, the God who is in Jerusalem. 4 Let all those who have survived, in whatever place they may have lived, be assisted by the people of that place with silver, gold, goods, and livestock, together with voluntary offerings for the house of God in Jerusalem.’”

He was already the King.
God did not make him the King.

The Jewish God anointed him and gave to him the 4 corners of the earth. Read the OT.

Yes he did, but God did not make him the King like you said, because he was already the King.

God made him the Messiah of the Judeans in Babylon and was the last anointed leader in the OT , right?

Correct in order to build God a house in Jerusalem but he was already the King before that.

He was already the King.

The Jewish God anointed him and gave to him the 4 corners of the earth. Read the OT.

Yes he did, but God did not make him the King like you said, because he was already the King.

God made him the Messiah of the Judeans in Babylon and was the last anointed leader in the OT , right?

Correct in order to build God a house in Jerusalem but he was already the King before that.

Yes he was king of the Persians, and the Persians still owned Palestine, Jerusalem, or Judea whatever you want to call it. The point is , did God of the OT anoint another after King Cyrus, I do not recall that he did, do you.

Cyrus_The_Great_Tomb.jpg
cyrusbillofrights03.jpg
CyrustheGreatTomb_22059.jpg
67997b47-df28-431b-b390-1a4f59d65d16.jpg

King Cyrus and Joseph are the hero's of the OT writings.

He was already the King.

Yes he was king of the Persians, and the Persians still owned Palestine, Jerusalem, or Judea whatever you want to call it. The point is , did God of the OT anoint another after King Cyrus, I do not recall that he did, do you.

Yes
There were three kinds of leaders anointed for their ministries in theOld Testament
They were: priests, Exo. 28:41; kings, 1 Sam. 10:1; and prophets, 1 Ki. 19:16.
A major difference between Israel and the other nations was that when God had someone
annointed or authorized for leadership, God also provided the empowering of the Holy Spirit
to do the job (1 Sam. 16:13; Isa. 61:1).

Yes
There were three kinds of leaders anointed for their ministries in theOld Testament
They were: priests, Exo. 28:41; kings, 1 Sam. 10:1; and prophets, 1 Ki. 19:16.
A major difference between Israel and the other nations was that when God had someone
annointed or authorized for leadership, God also provided the empowering of the Holy Spirit
to do the job (1 Sam. 16:13; Isa. 61:1).

so then the warring God, must of given the power to Alexander and then to Rome, got ya. I'm sorry but according to the OT, King Cyrus was the last one anointed by Yahweh.

To answer your question Kings were anointed and High Priests were anointed. The Kohanim (lineage of Aaron) are anointed to be Priests.
Isaiah 44-45 the Lord (king)and
redeemer(in Hebrew HaSheva) who changes Cyrus the Prince and King of Persia's heart to rebuild the temple and gather the dispersed Jews back to their land then is Michael, since the name given by Daniel in
Dan 10 shows it was Michael battling this Persian King.
if you combine Dan 12:1-4 with Jeremiah 23:5-6 you have who is savior and called
"Lord (king)of Righteousness"
( Melchi-Tsadok=Melchizedek) in Jeremiah 23:5-6 as we already know in the Jewish traditions even in Christian traditions angel (messenger/prophet) of Righteousness is Michael .
Jeremiah 11:20 he's the LORD of hosts (head [arch] of the congregation).
that judgest righteously fits in a pattern with 23:5-6 but also with Jeremiah 33:15-16.
Isaiah44-45, Jeremiah23, and 1 Ezra 1:1 require knowing who the lord (king-top-arch) messenger of righteousness is changing Cyrus' heart aka battling with his senses like the Jacob wrestling (pondering)with the messenger story.
Dan 10 shows it was Michael "battling" this Persian King (called prince of the people).
In Hebrew it says:
in Dan 10:20 where it says in regards to Michael:
*"Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee And now will
*Hashev Lacham Sar Parac"
(HaShev fight the prince of Persia).

So Shalem still is the one anointing Jacob, Cyrus, and anyone else who will do that rightousness.
Wrestling with you, not so much, just as when Amadinijad was asked to follow Cyrus' footsteps and not the Babylonian Nebuchadnezar who his emulator, he so loved to hate. He to refused to do the right thing and build the Temple instead of preventing anyone from the Al Isra(Night Journey to Jerusalem).

I always found Cyrus an interesting case study if we are to take the story of queen Esther at face value then her marriage to the king of the land would have possibly produced an heir Cyrus could have been this heir.... But even so regardless it was his righteous act that enabled the rebuilding of the temple it is too bad that we are lacking a Cyrus today to complete the process in our time but one can always hope that instead of facing hardened hearts and opposition that they will be softened by the one whose right it is to do so....

Sad what the cancer of Islam has done to a great civilization known as Persia.

He was already the King.

Annointed? Are you retarded? In which verse is Cyrus anointed?
I retract the question...You ARE an idiot.
Cyrus was anointed in the Old Testament, now I've heard it all.

These guys should create a Muslim IslamoNazi Neo Nazi comedy channel!

The bandwidth wasted by Penelope's willful hate is mind blowing.

Forum List

Back