🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

King james was gay!

Here's the views of another biblical scholar:
A biblical scholar? Nope. Paul defines marriage as a man and a woman, otherwise Christians are to remain celebate. That wouldn't make sense if homosexuality was seen as a legitimate alternative. Apart from the fact that it defies why God created the genders in the first place. One can accept the Bible or not but twisting it to fit your beliefs isn't scholarly.

Those are texts from the Old Testament, and who cares what a bunch of OT dudes said?

Tell us what Jesus says, Lonestar_logic, even though you despise Him in your life and beliefs.

Jesus did not speak on every subject. Paul, his inspired spokesman, said that homosexuality is wrong.

You don't believe in Paul's writings at all. Or you would consider his correction of Peter's false teachings. Or you could read the interaction with Phillip and the Eunuch or Ethiopia. When you are ready to repent and return to God, go to your local AME minister.

You understand nothing about the gospel as it applies to foreigners, non believers, race, or ethnicity.

Just couldn't let ^ slide.
Peter and Paul did butt heads on doctrine, but not on Christ. On Christ they were unified. And neither of their teachings were false.

Peter, James and John were addressing Jews. They were in the business of converting Jews. Paul and Barnabas were teaching and converting a completely different group of people, the Gentiles.
Peter's and Paul's differences arose out of trying to clearly define what Christ said to the Jews, what He said to the Gentiles, and what applied to both. That's all. On Jesus they were of one accord. Both were fishers of men for Christ's sake.

Galatians 2:9
James, Cephas< (Peter) and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.
Christ validated every word of the Hebrew text (that He referred to often, precisely, and without the originals), saying that every word of it came from God. He also contended that His words will never disappear. The only place to find them is the New Testament. If there have been changes made, they are too insignificant to change the intent.

You don't need the originals to prove the veracity of the Bible. The criteria it was written under proves where it came from.
For instance, man couldn't write under the conditions required and fulfilled for the book of Mark.
To tell if the last portion of Mark was actually inspired by whomever was influencing Mark in the beginning of the chapter, you need only see if the last verses meet the same rigid mind numbing restrictions that the rest of the chapter does.
Those restrictions are posted here somewhere in case you want to try to emulate them without the help of God. You can't.

As for the Bible being a book of fiction, history says otherwise. Science and Archeology have become the Bible's best friends and verifiers. Want to know what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah? Read the Bible, or go look at the ancient planetary disk that has been unearthed which charted the event, while it was occurring.

Want proof it wasn't an accidental incident, but indeed the hand of God? ALL of the cities in that area were wiped out from the heat of the meteor depicted on the astrological disk, and detailed in the "book of fiction", except one right there in the midst of the rest.
The one God spared because Lot went there. Otherwise it is impossible to explain how that one area was spared and all those around it were burnt to a crisp. For that you need the Bible.
As for scribes being the most capable in the village, they were the only ones capable in the village. They were the only ones that could read and write. A practice usually handed down to their sons. In cities they had to complete 5 years of schooling before they were qualified to translate or copy anything.

Bruce, I am sorry if I was out of line. This comment of yours may have set the tone:

This is quite hilarious if you know the history of the KJV and what it is actually based on. I know your devotion to it would never let you study that, but it would be eye-opening for you.

You don't know me or my devotion, but I rarely pass up an opportunity to gain knowledge. It is because of research and not the lack thereof that I do trust the Kings James Bible. The Bible I use contains English, Greek, and Hebrew, just in case. ;)

God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The Book says what it says, and requires no updating to conform with any society norms. That you may not like what it says is no different than a thief not liking what it says, or an adulterer not liking what it says, or a liar, or a pompous ass, or a gossip, or any of the rest of the things that we sinners are convicted of in those pages. We all have our very own unique ways of falling short. And God has His unique way of loving that defies comprehension.

So, don't look toward man for validation or verification. We're useless.
If anyone is in conflict with what is written, then it is nobody's business but their own to work out their salvation with God.

Judging any person's behavior gets us nothing but judged for our own behavior. It's not our place.
Loving you is. So I do. Take that, little brother! :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
More...

There are a handful of Scriptures (five or eight depending upon how one counts) that specifically speak of same-sex intimacy as unacceptable to God. Conservatives or traditionalists see these as reflecting God’s timeless will for human relationships. Progressives look at these same scriptures in much the same way that progressives in the nineteenth century looked at the Bible’s teaching on slavery. They believe that these verses capture the cultural understandings and practices of sexuality in biblical times, but do not reflect God’s will for gay and lesbian people.

In my own life, it was both reading the Bible’s passages on same-sex intimacy in the same light as passages on slavery (and violence and the place of women) and coming to know gay and lesbian people that led me to see this issue differently, particularly children who grew up in my church who loved God and sought to serve Christ. As I listened to their stories I saw that they did not fit the stereotypes I had been taught about gay and lesbian people. The love they shared with others looked very much like the love I share with my wife –a deep friendship and companionship. And their faith was as authentic as that of anyone else in my congregation.

For many Christians today, particularly young adults, the handful of Bible verses related to same sex intimacy seem more like the 100 plus verses on slavery than they do the teachings of Jesus and his great commandments to love God and neighbor. Their gay and lesbian friends are people, just like them, in need of love and community. I believe that in the years ahead an increasing number of Christians, not only progressives, but also conservatives, will read the Bible’s passages regarding homosexuality as all Christians today read the Bible’s passages on slavery. And the sermons preached from America’s pulpits decrying the rights of homosexuals today will sound to future generations much like the pro-slavery sermons sound to us today.

And yet, he still managed to have no less than 7 children.

The accusation that King James I, who authorized the King James Bible, was a homosexual has often been made, but we need to be cautious about accepting it.

Actually, since he fathered eight children, he couldn&#8217;t have been much of a homosexual! He wrote love letters to his wife and obviously enjoyed her most intimate company. He referred to her as &#8220;our dearest bedfellow&#8221; (Gustavus Paine, The Men Behind the King James Version, p. 4). When John Rainolds questioned the phrase in the Anglican marriage service, &#8220;with my body I thee worship,&#8221; King James replied: &#8220;... if you had a good wife yourself, you would think that all the honor and worship you could do to her would be well bestowed&#8221; (Ibid.).

In a book that the king wrote for his son Henry (entitled Basilikon Doron, or A King&#8217;s Gift), he made the following statements about the importance of sexual purity:

&#8220;But the principal blessing [is] in your marrying of a godly and virtuous wife &#8230; being flesh of your flesh and bone of your bone. &#8230; Marriage is the greatest earthly felicity&#8221; (p. 43).

&#8220;Keep your body clean and unpolluted while you give it to your wife whom to only it belongs for how can you justly crave to be joined with a Virgin if your body be polluted?&#8221; (p. 44).

&#8220;When you are married, keep inviolably your promise made to God in your marriage&#8221; (p. 45).

&#8220;Abstain from the filthy vice of adultery; remember only what solemn promise ye made to God at your marriage&#8221; (p. 54).

The king wrote plainly against the sin of homosexuality.

&#8220;Especially eschew to be effeminate&#8221; (Basilikon Doron, p. 46).

&#8220;There are some horrible crimes that ye are bound in conscience never to forgive: such as witchcraft, willful murder, incest, and sodomy&#8221; (p. 48).

The charge of homosexuality was made by the king&#8217;s enemies and only after his death. Stephen Coston&#8217;s book King James the VI of Scotland and the I of England Unjustly Accused?

Was King James a Homosexual? | Miscellaneous

Does that mean God hate King James I?

I admit, christian wonders never cease. Even when I want them too!!

Apparently there is no proof one way or the other that King James was gay. What we do know is that he had no less than 7 children and that he advanced laws against sodomy.

https://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158_03.asp?FROM=biblecenter

Lady, I hate to point this out but

1)There are married gay men with kids. King James could be one of them.

2)The fact he passed anti-sodomy laws may have more to do with politics and image of the throne than his own wishes. Machiavalli "The Prince" is much better able to explain the philosophy of politics during this era than I am.

Even so, it is possible that stories of King James Homosexual tendencies may be due to his political enemies. Hey, its tough being King. Tougher if you really want to be queen!

Apparently there is no proof one way or the other that King James was gay. What we do know is that he had no less than 7 children and that he advanced laws against sodomy.

https://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158_03.asp?FROM=biblecenter

Lady, I hate to point this out but

1)There are married gay men with kids. King James could be one of them.

2)The fact he passed anti-sodomy laws may have more to do with politics and image of the throne than his own wishes. Machiavalli "The Prince" is much better able to explain the philosophy of politics during this era than I am.

Even so, it is possible that stories of King James Homosexual tendencies may be due to his political enemies. Hey, its tough being King. Tougher if you really want to be queen!

He also wrote to his son not to be effeminate, and to be faithful to his wife. And he wrote many love letters to his own wife. The fact is, long after his death, an enemy of King James made the claim that he was a homosexual and you bought it, hook line and sinker. No investigation necessary.

Not even close.
You'll crap all over the Bible as being unsubstantiated, but a secret text somewhere with Mark on it that was seen once by someone who remembered it and gave his rendition of it to some one who wrote some of it down, and you jump all over it? And declare Christ gay because of it?

If Mark wrote it, it will exhibit the same standards that the actual Gospel of Mark does. All 75 conditions regarding the placement of, and amounts of nouns, consonants, vowels, and so forth, that are apparent in one should be apparent in the other. If not, disregard it as non-God inspired, and stick with the one that is.

Last edited:
Not even close.
You'll crap all over the Bible as being unsubstantiated, but a secret text somewhere with Mark on it that was seen once by someone who remembered it and gave his rendition of it to some one who wrote some of it down, and you jump all over it? And declare Christ gay because of it?

If Mark wrote it, it will exhibit the same standards that the actual Gospel of Mark does. All 75 conditions regarding the placement of, and amounts of nouns, consonants, vowels, and so forth, that are apparent in one should be apparent in the other. If not, disregard it as non-God inspired, and stick with the one that is.

I am not defending this Secret Gospel, but the many manuscripts we have of Mark don't meet the standard you have laid out either, if I am understanding your argument correctly.

If they don't meet the standards God laid out then dismiss them. They could have come from anyone. The writing of Mark that we do know was God breathed is the one in the Bible. I listed some of the guidelines that God required somewhere on this board. I'll find them for you when I get some time. They make writing a sentence excruciating, let alone chapters.

If they don't meet the standards God laid out then dismiss them. They could have come from anyone. The writing of Mark that we do know was God breathed is the one in the Bible. I listed some of the guidelines that God required somewhere on this board. I'll find them for you when I get some time. They make writing a sentence excruciating, let alone chapters.

But the manuscripts we have of the Gospel of Mark exhibit inconsistencies with each other. They don't meet a standard as high as you describe. Many of these are insignificant, to be sure, but scribal errors are thoroughly documented.
The verse that calls all scripture God-breathed refers solely to the OT, as the NT didn't yet exist.
I don't accept that any of it is God-breathed however, but just the documentation of how a given people at a given time wrestled with the idea of a god.

It's a shame when you have to attack to justify your behavior. Might I ask, if King James was gay, what does the gay left gain? What does the gay left gain by attacking Christianity and people of faith?

I get it, since 'Christians' oppose the homosexual lifestyle, you must attack their faith. It's a bit childish, nonsensical and intellectually sophomoric, but if that is what makes you feel better about your lifestyle and yourself...

Do you people really believe that only Christians oppose poor lifestyle choices? Do you think that all Christians base there opposition to homosexuality purely on the bible and not on poor behavior? Do you think that all people who profess to be Christians actually practice their faith, read a bible, or even own one at that?

It seems to me as if the gay left is manufacturing an enemy to justify their lifestyle. Or is it an attempt to destroy yet another institution?

But the manuscripts we have of the Gospel of Mark exhibit inconsistencies with each other. They don't meet a standard as high as you describe. Many of these are insignificant, to be sure, but scribal errors are thoroughly documented.
The verse that calls all scripture God-breathed refers solely to the OT, as the NT didn't yet exist.
I don't accept that any of it is God-breathed however, but just the documentation of how a given people at a given time wrestled with the idea of a god.

Correlation does not prove causation. Not everyone could afford schooling so if there are spelling errors in some of the copies you don't make my logic leap from spelling errors to "they changed the text".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXqL8-9dqk]JOHN TRAVOLTA SAYS IDINA MENZEL @ THE OSCARS 2014! - YouTube[/ame]

Anybody can make mistakes and the fact that Vaticanus sat on the shelf for a thousand years and is in such good condition is because no one used it because everyone knew that the scribe made a mistake.

Correlation does not prove causation. Not everyone could afford schooling so if there are spelling errors in some of the copies you don't make my logic leap from spelling errors to "they changed the text".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXqL8-9dqk]JOHN TRAVOLTA SAYS IDINA MENZEL @ THE OSCARS 2014! - YouTube[/ame]

Anybody can make mistakes and the fact that Vaticanus sat on the shelf for a thousand years and is in such good condition is because no one used it because everyone knew that the scribe made a mistake.

So what is your theory for why the Jesus story where he says "He who is without sin...." doesn't appear in any of the oldest manuscripts extant?
This story was a later addition to scripture that SOMEONE added.
Was that just a "mistake"? Did someone misplace it and then just found it hanging around and re-inserted it?

Forum List

Back