King obama denies setting a red line

That would be true if they had not agreed long ago not to allow the use of chemical weapons. Since that is not true your statement ranges from irrelevant to patently false.

If my statement were so "irrelevant to patently false" then why isn't the international community helping him? Care to explain that one away? So much for this Geneva Convention if you're the only one beating the drums of war.

You said we were not the international community and thats why I said what i said. We are the international community if we are the only ones left standing. What would you call someone that signed something pledging to support action in the event of a particular incident and they backed out? I agree with the uselessness of an agreement among multiple parties if only some of the parties actually take action in support of the agreement.

America is not authorized by the United Nations to take it upon herself to be a "world enforcer".

You are alone on this because your President is beating the drums of war for his own reasons.

The UN investigations continue to determine who used the chemical weapons. There has been no report.

many of the nations are aligning with the US, even the Russians are considering it.

For crying out loud, put down the bong baby.

Britain's parliament has voted against it, Hollande in France is under pressure to not join in and Putin is ready to throttle Obama at the G20.

Geeze louise, Putin has sent warships to the area to defend Assad.

:lol:

America attacks Syria under this pretense she will be breaking International Law.

obama is not likely to be well received at the G-20. A general walk out during his speech would not be unexpected. That's the way the international community deals with rogue regimes.

I bet they could make a fortune making this G20 a pay per view. I'd sign up. :eusa_angel:

If my statement were so "irrelevant to patently false" then why isn't the international community helping him? Care to explain that one away? So much for this Geneva Convention if you're the only one beating the drums of war.

You said we were not the international community and thats why I said what i said. We are the international community if we are the only ones left standing. What would you call someone that signed something pledging to support action in the event of a particular incident and they backed out? I agree with the uselessness of an agreement among multiple parties if only some of the parties actually take action in support of the agreement.

America is not authorized by the United Nations to take it upon herself to be a "world enforcer".

You are alone on this because your President is beating the drums of war for his own reasons.

The UN investigations continue to determine who used the chemical weapons. There has been no report.

The UN has been quite emphatic that they will not determine who used the weapons, just that such weapons were used. Both sides claim the other side used those weapons, but the only side looking to benefit from their use are the al quaeda rebels that obama supports.

Evidently you are not well informed on these issues. The international community does draw red lines. Ever heard of the Geneva convention?

Then SURELY the nations that approved the Geneva convention would be taking a stand against Syria. Instead those very nations are lining up against obama. Now he's trying to blame THEM for what he said.

many of the nations are aligning with the US, even the Russians are considering it.

Putin isn't considering it you moron. He didn't just send his best anti-ship missiles to Assad because he wants to ally with a terrorist nation like the U.S.

And all the Dems on these boards become more war hungry than the Bush-bots... lol. "Obama said WE and US... not I!!!! How about Obama takes credit for what he says, but don't blame me or anyone else because Obama believes he is allowed to lump us in his threats by saying "us" or "we".

I dont want to go to war. However that decision is being made by people that know more than i do about the situation. I didnt want to go into Iraq either but supported it until I found out that there were no WMD's. I dont think he was lumping us in together. He was lumping the international community. At this point its pretty simple. Congress will speak on the issue and we will see where this goes.

I agree with the first line.....a little. If Britian came under attack do you think we should get involved?

Sounds to me like its more than the President. You have some of the leaders in congress agreeing with him. How did you miss that?

Have you considered the fact that the intelligence the UN has may not be as detailed as our own sources?

And all the Dems on these boards become more war hungry than the Bush-bots... lol. "Obama said WE and US... not I!!!! How about Obama takes credit for what he says, but don't blame me or anyone else because Obama believes he is allowed to lump us in his threats by saying "us" or "we".

Obviously, King of the World Obama was using the royal "we."

We are not amused.

For crying out loud, put down the bong baby.

Britain's parliament has voted against it, Hollande in France is under pressure to not join in and Putin is ready to throttle Obama at the G20.

Geeze louise, Putin has sent warships to the area to defend Assad.

:lol:

America attacks Syria under this pretense she will be breaking International Law.

obama is not likely to be well received at the G-20. A general walk out during his speech would not be unexpected. That's the way the international community deals with rogue regimes.

I bet they could make a fortune making this G20 a pay per view. I'd sign up. :eusa_angel:

Would there be any contest element to it? Maybe with call-in votes to decide who has to wear the chicken costume?

Obama: 'I Didn't Set a Red Line' on Syria | The Weekly Standard

First of all, I didn't set a red line," said Obama.

Barack Obama's red-line warning to Bashar Assad: The president repeatedly warned the Syrian regime not to use chemical weapons against its own people. - Slate Magazine

Remarks by President Obama to the White House Press Corps – August 20, 2012

"We have put together a range of contingency plans. We have communicated in no uncertain terms with every player in the region that that’s a red line for us and that there would be enormous consequences if we start seeing movement on the chemical weapons front or the use of chemical weapons."

I agree with the first line.....a little. If Britian came under attack do you think we should get involved?

Sounds to me like its more than the President. You have some of the leaders in congress agreeing with him. How did you miss that?

Have you considered the fact that the intelligence the UN has may not be as detailed as our own sources?

Assad had invited the UN Chemical Weapons Investigative team to Syria to clear his name from previous chemical weapons being used.

This new chemical attack coincided with their arrival.

Logic dictates that it would only benefit the rebels to use the sarin as it would trigger foreign involvement in their fight to topple Assad.

It would have been of no benefit to Assad to use chemical weapons on his people in a suburb of Damascus of all places as the invited UN team was arriving.

Assad has been winning the war and it is a civil war against the rebels *cough* terrorists AQ known as al Nusra.

The United Nations Inspectors just a couple of months ago said they believed the rebels were the ones using Sarin in small amounts.

Turkey busted rebels attempting to cross the border with Syria with Sarin.

I could go on and on.

But here's the key. Qatar and Saudi Arabia have been funding these rebels. This is not an Arab Spring where the people rise up.

They want regime change (for too many reasons to go into now because my garden needs tending) but basically it's over the need for a natural gas pipeline to get Qatar's natural gas to foreign markets.

They need Assad to be ousted to accomplish this. Always follow the money. This is not a conspiracy theory. It's for real.

Qatar holds America by the balls because it provides America's only military base in the ME. And they are squeezing hard.

So guess who else is talking regime change?

While stressing that Washington's primary goal remained "limited and proportional" attacks, to degrade Syria's chemical weapons capabilities and deter their future use, the president hinted at a broader long-term mission that may ultimately bring about a change of regime.

Obama hints at broader strategy to topple Assad in effort to win over Republicans | World news | The Guardian

First of all, I didn't set a red line," said Obama.

Barack Obama's red-line warning to Bashar Assad: The president repeatedly warned the Syrian regime not to use chemical weapons against its own people. - Slate Magazine

Remarks by President Obama to the White House Press Corps – August 20, 2012

"We have put together a range of contingency plans. We have communicated in no uncertain terms with every player in the region that that’s a red line for us and that there would be enormous consequences if we start seeing movement on the chemical weapons front or the use of chemical weapons."

I get it now. Everyone thinks he was referring to himself in the third person.

Would there be any contest element to it? Maybe with call-in votes to decide who has to wear the chicken costume?

I'd pay good money to see a Putin vs Obama cage match.

:)

600b09201e1.jpg

Look closely--he's back pedaling as fast as he can.

Now that obama's tits are in a wringer, he's blaming everyone else. He didn't set a red line, Congress did. The world did. He's just a victim of everyone else.

First of all, I didn't set a red line," said Obama. "The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world's population said the use of chemical weapons are [inaudble] and passed a treaty forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty.

obama needs sympathy, he's the lone warrior in a hostile world, a people and a Congress that has no credibility.

International community's 'credibility is on the line' - ITV News

“My credibility is not on the line. The international community's credibility is on the line and America and Congress's credibility is on the line because we give lip service to the notion that these international norms are important.

The "international norms" is a term he just made up by the way. It was another wiggle as he is trying to wiggle out of a situation he created.

What is disturbing is that while he says America's credibility is on the line, among others, he says his credibility is not. Obama slipped and let it be known that he and America are total opposites and he does not represent us. He doesn't mind if people lose respect for America since he doesn't identify with us. Might even be a message to al Qaeda, letting them know that it won't be his fault if congress doesn't rush to their aid.

Last edited:
Now that obama's tits are in a wringer, he's blaming everyone else. He didn't set a red line, Congress did. The world did. He's just a victim of everyone else.

First of all, I didn't set a red line," said Obama. "The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world's population said the use of chemical weapons are [inaudble] and passed a treaty forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty.

obama needs sympathy, he's the lone warrior in a hostile world, a people and a Congress that has no credibility.

International community's 'credibility is on the line' - ITV News

“My credibility is not on the line. The international community's credibility is on the line and America and Congress's credibility is on the line because we give lip service to the notion that these international norms are important.

The "international norms" is a term he just made up by the way. It was another wiggle as he is trying to wiggle out of a situation he created.

As I watched boiking make the red line threat, on TV a year ago, I laughed because he couldn't even look or sound convincing. I knew he didn't mean it. He was just trying to intimidate some real leaders with pseudo-bravado.

obama is displaying true amateur status on the world stage. he doesn't even have coalition support for his agenda. and now he has opened the door for putin to back him into a corner. as obama tries to now further pursue his personal agenda he will be further alienating himself from the rest of the world leaders.

funny, but when the discussion was about bush and iraq the liberal world was pissed at bush for following what he regarded as our more detailed information

Forum List

Back