Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe should have taken a cab instead

I suspect maybe that was a factor. He hadn't planned for fog and they pushed their luck to make their schedule. It has been reported that many other helicopters in the area had already been grounded due to the dense fog.

Kobe should have taken a cab instead

That would make a great epitaph. In the real world, anyone else would have, but when you can get to be rich and famous just for dribbling a basketball, you also think you don't need to deal with traffic and can just rent a chopper to zoom over everyone and fly in like a superstar. Just a good thing I suppose he didn't lay an egg on innocent people. Too bad about the kid though.
I believe it was his own chopper, not a rental. Sikorsky helicopters are actually pretty amazing. That company took a big hit with this one.

Sikorsky-S-76B-e1580074066562-678x381.jpg

Not that big of a hit. They reportedly have the contract to build all the Marine 1 replacement helicopters.

His Mamba Sports Academy team supposed to play against Fresno team called Fresno Lady Heat that tragic Sunday morning.

Mamba Sports Academy building is located in Thousands Oaks where wanna bee NBA player, college basketball player or NBA player practice and train. It’s very expensive to join.

He has several investments and other business ventures going on all at the same times. Like his sports drink worth over $200M from last year. I only hope that Vanessa’s financial advisors will guide her well.

I can feel her pain at young age of 37 widow with a 7 month old baby. A husband and a daughter died at the same time.

By the way....how many women was Kobe accused of raping??

Had to be at least 20 or 30......should be dozens of accusers still speaking out against what he did....

And we all know how much we are to believe ALL accusers....

I have to agree with you here. Women are people, and people will lie if they think it will benefit them in some way. Well, not all people but some people. It's always been that way and always will be. Think Salem Witch trials. This is a reason why I find that whole #me too to be stupid. No, you cannot always believe the accusers, unfortunately.

Having said all of that, I don't follow basketball - not a fan of the game. It kind of makes me sick when those big giant men fall on the floor crying because they got nudged. But, I have no ill will towards them. RIP to ALL of the people who died in this crash. It's a tragedy.

He's the one who raped that 17-year-old girl in Eagle, Colorado, and a high-priced team of lawyers got him off anyway. So guess how sorry I'm not?

I bet she'll feel better today.
It's strange how the left is blubbering over an accused rapist.

Ha, you think I'm on the left? No. Rightwing women don't like rapists attacking young girls anymore than leftwing women do. Kobe was a criminal rapist and all this adulation is way misplaced.

Well, some clues coming in about the cause. Helicopters were being grounded yesterday in Los Angeles due to fog conditions.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/lapd-...due-to-fog-when-kobe-bryants-chopper-crashed/

I listened to the tower tapes on TMZ. They apparently were trying to do special VFR through IFR conditions. For those that don't know the difference VFR is when you are flying based on what you can see and IFR is when you are flying on instruments alone because of weather. In those circumstances, ATC has to give priority to all IFR flights over the SVFR ones.

He's the one who raped that 17-year-old girl in Eagle, Colorado, and a high-priced team of lawyers got him off anyway. So guess how sorry I'm not?

I bet she'll feel better today.
It's strange how the left is blubbering over an accused rapist.

Ha, you think I'm on the left? No. Rightwing women don't like rapists attacking young girls anymore than leftwing women do. Kobe was a criminal rapist and all this adulation is way misplaced.
I don't think you're a leftist.
And the right wing does not support rape like the left does when they hugged Bill Clinton for the last 27 years.

His death is most unfortunate. He was a great basketball player and seems to have been a good person. However, I’m saddened by his daughter’s death. He had a great life. She was just getting started.

I feel most sorry for his wife and his kids and his parents. This is an absolute nightmare come true for them. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose 2 of your closest family members at the same time. :(

His death is most unfortunate. He was a great basketball player and seems to have been a good person. However, I’m saddened by his daughter’s death. He had a great life. She was just getting started.

I feel most sorry for his wife and his kids and his parents. This is an absolute nightmare come true for them. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose 2 of your closest family members at the same time. :(
Hey it happens. I’ve lost many who were much too young. At least they have millions of dollars. Most don’t have that luxury.

Did he have a flying license also? Could he fly with a temporary permit?

Pilot or not, this is looking similiar to a John John Kennedy.

Hey it happens. I’ve lost many who were much too young. At least they have millions of dollars. Most don’t have that luxury.

Me too. I lost my son, my dad, all of my grandparents now. In fact, the only one left on my dad's side of the family is my aunt and myself.

I don't think money gives you much joy at a time like this. It can't replace the people in your life.

Me too. I lost my son, my dad, all of my grandparents now. In fact, the only one left on my dad's side of the family is my aunt and myself.

I don't think money gives you much joy at a time like this. It can't replace the people in your life.
Well if the bread winner dies, it can be a major hardship on a young family.

Well if the bread winner dies, it can be a major hardship on a young family.

Most definitely, but that doesn't make the emotional part of losing close family members (especially your husband and your child) any easier.

My 10 yr old drowned at 10! He made it now 7 yrs. May God take him for what was left of him after 9 days of life support

The only way to reason anything in life....................It is God's way. His will not ours will be done. We will all be reunited very very soon relatively.

My 10 yr old drowned at 10! He made it now 7 yrs. May God take him for what was left of him after 9 days of life support

The only way to reason anything in life....................It is God's way. His will not ours will be done. We will all be reunited very very soon relatively.

Hope you are correct about that.

Having money doesn’t give them any comfort right now, nor does it ensure they’ll live happy lives moving forward. Having money is the most overrated thing unless you don’t have any.

His Mamba Sports Academy team supposed to play against Fresno team called Fresno Lady Heat that tragic Sunday morning.

Mamba Sports Academy building is located in Thousands Oaks where wanna bee NBA player, college basketball player or NBA player practice and train. It’s very expensive to join.

He has several investments and other business ventures going on all at the same times. Like his sports drink worth over $200M from last year. I only hope that Vanessa’s financial advisors will guide her well.

I can feel her pain at young age of 37 widow with a 7 month old baby. A husband and a daughter died at the same time.
I doubt if Vanessa will have to worry about finances but losing a husband and daughter is an emotional blow

Did he have a flying license also? Could he fly with a temporary permit?

Pilot or not, this is looking similiar to a John John Kennedy.

Kobe wasn't the pilot. He had a respected pilot who apparently was also a flight instructor. Other than that, it does have some Kennedy parallels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back