Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the helicopter that Kobe owned that crashed this morning. It’s a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter that cost $13 million USD. The cause of crash is still unknown.

DqPtbKN.jpg

f2S0yXj.jpg

Looks new.
Hard to imagine what could have caused the crash but it was obviously in distress

It wasn't. It had a new paint job. It was a 1991 model. That heli is almost 30 years old.

FAA Registry - Aircraft - N-Number Inquiry

Thanks
Have to see what caused the accident

The helicopter was filled with his daughters teammates going to a game. Many young girls lost their lives

Horrible tragedy for all. Their families must be crushed

Where did you read that rightwinger ? can you show me please....where it says that his daughter's teammates lost their lives too? thank you
What I heard on the news was that Kobe was flying his daughters teammates up to a game at Kobe’s basketball arena. Dont have any numbers, just heard there were several

The helicopter was filled with his daughters teammates going to a game. Many young girls lost their lives

Where did you read that rightwinger ? can you show me please....where it says that his daughter's teammates lost their lives too? thank you
What I heard on the news was that Kobe was flying his daughters teammates up to a game at Kobe’s basketball arena. Dont have any numbers, just heard there were several

Oh, ok......I guess eventually we will know for sure who was in that helicopter.

Kobe's President and First Lady have sent their condolences to the family.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
1h

.....Melania and I send our warmest condolences to Vanessa and the wonderful Bryant family. May God be with you all!

Show this thread

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
1h

Kobe Bryant, despite being one of the truly great basketball players of all time, was just getting started in life. He loved his family so much, and had such strong passion for the future. The loss of his beautiful daughter, Gianna, makes this moment even more devastating....

199.8K199.9K
Good for the Trumps
At times like these, tragedy unites everyone

The Trumps recognize what a tremendous basketball player Kobe was, and that's why he is taking the lead and mourning his passing.

Can't be true. They said he was killed with his daughter, and a coach and his wife and daughter were killed. 9 people were killed including the pilot. I just named 5 of the people dead, another the pilot that's 6. He wasnt flying a bunch of his daughters teammates to the game, he and his daughter were flying to her basketball game.

Can't be true. They said he was killed with his daughter, and a coach and his wife and daughter were killed. 9 people were killed including the pilot. I just named 5 of the people dead, another the pilot that's 6. He wasnt flying a bunch of his daughters teammates to the game, he and his daughter were flying to her basketball game.
It is hard as we are receiving conflicting information
What I heard on TV was his daughters teammates were also on the flight. Haven’t seen anything official about the other victims

It is hard as we are receiving conflicting information
What I heard on TV was his daughters teammates were also on the flight. Haven’t seen anything official about the other victims

What I posted above about the College Baseball coach is official.

All very sad.

This was the helicopter that Kobe owned that crashed this morning. It’s a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter that cost $13 million USD. The cause of crash is still unknown.

DqPtbKN.jpg

f2S0yXj.jpg

Not that unknown. Reports are that the pilot circled the zoo several times waiting for the fog to lift, rose to 2000 feet then proceeded into the extremely dense fog and flew direct into the hillside at about 1700 feet.

As a private pilot I can tell you that the most common source of crashes in low visibility weather is CFIT- Controlled flight into terrain.

DqPtbKN.jpg

f2S0yXj.jpg

Not that unknown. Reports are that the pilot circled the zoo several times waiting for the fog to lift, rose to 2000 feet then proceeded into the extremely dense fog and flew direct into the hillside at about 1700 feet.

Possibly. According to flightaware he circled something before proceeding into the mountain.

N72EX Live Flight Tracking and History (S76 owned by ISLAND EXPRESS HOLDING CORP) ✈ FlightAware

Why can't they put a control dash that works like a plane that warns them when they are getting close to the ground or a mountain? I mean we can map the bottom of the ocean across the globe by dragging something behind a boat...

As a private pilot I can tell you that the most common source of crashes in low visibility weather is CFIT- Controlled flight into terrain.
those helicopters have GPS that show them if they are flying into a mountain.
they probably had engine trouble

DqPtbKN.jpg

f2S0yXj.jpg

Possibly. According to flightaware he circled something before proceeding into the mountain.

N72EX Live Flight Tracking and History (S76 owned by ISLAND EXPRESS HOLDING CORP) ✈ FlightAware

Impatience has killed many people in the air.

GPS doesn't do that, ground radar does. Most helis don't have this because they operate at such low altitudes it would be going off all the time.

The only reason any of these accidents make the news is because someone famous was on it. If it was just a general aviation chopper it might have made local news. These things crash all the time, CFIT happens all the time. In 2009 An S76 crashed in Louisiana killing 8. Did you hear about it? Nope.

There are 57 crashes in the NTSB for the S76.

Aviation Results

Last edited:

GPS doesn't do that, ground radar does. Most helis don't have this because they operate at such low altitudes it would be going off all the time.

The only reason any of these accidents make the news is because someone famous was on it. If it was just a general aviation chopper it might have made local news. These things crash all the time, CFIT happens all the time. In 2009 An S76 crashed in Louisiana killing 8. Did you hear about it? Nope.

Aviation Results
Aviation GPS shows power lines, towers and tall buildings and shows the altitude, speed, direction...

Aviation Results
Aviation GPS shows power lines, towers and tall buildings and shows the altitude, speed, direction...

Not certified. GPS altitude is approximate only. Definitely not used for anything having to do with actual aircraft altitude.

Aviation Results

Big helicopter crash in Hawaii too end of last year.

TMZ had it up but link is broken now.

LA County Sheriffs on Twitter

So horrible. So sad. And with his daughter and her unfulfilled potential. and outside of the sports world, let us also remember our three firefighters who lost their lives helping the Aussies. There are no real words for these losses. Our thoughts and prayers are fine, but these people leave behind a huge void that will never be filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back