Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing on the radio a helicopter went down with him, his daughter, and others with no survivors

way too young

" my mind is racing. I’m in disbelief and have been crying all morning over this devastating news that Kobe and his young daughter, Gigi have passed away in a helicopter crash. Cookie and I are heartbroken. I love him, his family and what he stood for on the court and off the court. My friend, a legend, husband, father, son, brother, Oscar winner and greatest Laker of all-time is gone. It’s hard to accept. Kobe was a leader of our game, a mentor to both male and female players. He gave his knowledge, time, and talent to tutor so many at the youth level, collegiate level, and NBA and WNBA players. Words can’t express the impact that he had on the game of basketball. I know basketball fans all over the world will miss him, especially the City of Los Angeles. He was such an icon but also did so much for LA. He was passionate about serving the homeless and was an advocate for women's basketball. Coaching his daughter’s basketball team brought him so much happiness. Kobe and I shared so many special conversations about life and basketball. We had so much in common off the court. I used to love talking to him about Lakers basketball, being fathers and husbands and how much we loved Italy. I will miss those conversations and him so much. Laker Nation, the game of basketball and our city, will never be the same without Kobe. Cookie and I are praying for Vanessa, his beautiful daughters Natalia, Bianka and Capri, as well as his parents Joe and Pam and his sisters. We will always be here for the Bryant family. We love you forever" - Magic Johnson

"What a sad day today. Kobe you are a legend. I remember the time I was in the front row of a Celtics-Lakers game and you came by shouting my name. It put a huge smile on my face. Just a honor to be recognized from the greatest. You will be missed and always remembered as the Hero that you are. Sending my love and prayers to his family." - Rowdy Rob Gronkowski

Already a thread on this in Breaking News.

"I grew up watching and admiring your game. Your impact goes beyond the basketball court from the way you carried yourself, and how you were with your family. It was an honor and privilege to get the opportunity to compete with you and even hear the way you spoke about me at such a young age in my career. My condolences goes out to the whole Bryant Family, friends, and loved ones of both Kobe and Gigi" - Minnesota shooting guard Andrew Wiggins

Man.

I usually don't care much when a famous person dies. This one sucks. Feels like I got punched in the stomach.

I've followed this guy for his entire professional career. My favorite basketball player of all time. He was WAY too young and he had way too much ahead of him. His poor family.

Here's a recent picture of him with one of his biggest rivals.

GettyImages-1190911601-775x465.jpg

" Heart broken. My Hero. My Idol. The reason I started to play this game, the reason I fell in love with this game. Growing up wanting to be just like you, to you becoming a mentor, beyond thankful for everything you’ve done for me. “I didn’t have a plan B I put all my eggs in one basket and I knew I was going to make it happen” hearing you say that stuck with me everyday of my life. You inspired me and I am forever grateful more than you know! Love you Bean ❤️! Sad, sad, sad day RIP Kobe and Gianna! Praying for the family!" - Celtics star Jayson Tatum

I don't mind.

Plenty of people are tweeting about Kobe, but I prefer to read what other people in the NBA are saying. Rather than going out to search for them, it's nice to see them here.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was the helicopter that Kobe owned that crashed this morning. It’s a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter that cost $13 million USD. The cause of crash is still unknown.

DqPtbKN.jpg

f2S0yXj.jpg

This was the helicopter that Kobe owned that crashed this morning. It’s a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter that cost $13 million USD. The cause of crash is still unknown.

DqPtbKN.jpg

f2S0yXj.jpg

Looks new.
Hard to imagine what could have caused the crash but it was obviously in distress

The helicopter was filled with his daughters teammates going to a game. Many young girls lost their lives

Horrible tragedy for all. Their families must be crushed

Kobe's President and First Lady have sent their condolences to the family.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
1h

.....Melania and I send our warmest condolences to Vanessa and the wonderful Bryant family. May God be with you all!

Show this thread

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
1h

Kobe Bryant, despite being one of the truly great basketball players of all time, was just getting started in life. He loved his family so much, and had such strong passion for the future. The loss of his beautiful daughter, Gianna, makes this moment even more devastating....

199.8K199.9K

The helicopter was filled with his daughters teammates going to a game. Many young girls lost their lives

Horrible tragedy for all. Their families must be crushed

Where did you read that rightwinger ? can you show me please....where it says that his daughter's teammates lost their lives too? thank you

Kobe's President and First Lady have sent their condolences to the family.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
1h

.....Melania and I send our warmest condolences to Vanessa and the wonderful Bryant family. May God be with you all!

Show this thread

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
1h

Kobe Bryant, despite being one of the truly great basketball players of all time, was just getting started in life. He loved his family so much, and had such strong passion for the future. The loss of his beautiful daughter, Gianna, makes this moment even more devastating....

199.8K199.9K

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1221582230008619016
Good for the Trumps
At times like these, tragedy unites everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back