Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
His Mamba Sports Academy team supposed to play against Fresno team called Fresno Lady Heat that tragic Sunday morning.

Mamba Sports Academy building is located in Thousands Oaks where wanna bee NBA player, college basketball player or NBA player practice and train. It’s very expensive to join.

He has several investments and other business ventures going on all at the same times. Like his sports drink worth over $200M from last year. I only hope that Vanessa’s financial advisors will guide her well.

I can feel her pain at young age of 37 widow with a 7 month old baby. A husband and a daughter died at the same time.
I doubt if Vanessa will have to worry about finances but losing a husband and daughter is an emotional blow
So true.

Now when something like this happens to a family with no money and it’s the bread winner who dies, it’s doubly tough. That’s the point I was making earlier in this thread. It would mean Vanessa would immediately have to find a job, while dealing with the emotional toll. So yes, money helps big time.

Kobe should have taken a cab instead

That would make a great epitaph. In the real world, anyone else would have, but when you can get to be rich and famous just for dribbling a basketball, you also think you don't need to deal with traffic and can just rent a chopper to zoom over everyone and fly in like a superstar. Just a good thing I suppose he didn't lay an egg on innocent people. Too bad about the kid though.
I believe it was his own chopper, not a rental. Sikorsky helicopters are actually pretty amazing. That company took a big hit with this one.

Sikorsky-S-76B-e1580074066562-678x381.jpg

Not that big of a hit. They reportedly have the contract to build all the Marine 1 replacement helicopters.

This won't hurt Sikorsky. It's not the helicopter's fault the pilot flew it into the side of a hill.

Sometimes, accidents happen and there isn't anyone to blame. Why do we always have to have somebody to "blame?"
There will be a reason and it may not be anyone’s fault as in negligence, just something that can be improved upon for the future. In a previous life I was responsible for overseeing accident investigations involving a major aerospace company. It’s always something went wrong though.

VASAviation has posted the radar trace and ATC communications to YouTube ...

Flying VFR (visual flight regulations) in IMC (instrument meteorological conditions) ... which appears to have caused CFIT (controlled flight into terrain) ...

It's the pilot's responsibility to take the weather into consideration when deciding to fly or not ... so the pilot is at fault for flying special VFR when he should have been on instruments ... we'll never know for sure ... but this is all too common and something every pilot must search deep into their souls to answer ...

VASAviation has posted the radar trace and ATC communications to YouTube ...

Flying VFR (visual flight regulations) in IMC (instrument meteorological conditions) ... which appears to have caused CFIT (controlled flight into terrain) ...

It's the pilot's responsibility to take the weather into consideration when deciding to fly or not ... so the pilot is at fault for flying special VFR when he should have been on instruments ... we'll never know for sure ... but this is all too common and something every pilot must search deep into their souls to answer ...

Sometimes, it’s damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Kobe wants to make it to his game and the pilot wants to keep his job

Just read that there was heavy fog and the police department had already grounded their choppers because of it. The pilot was qualified to fly on instruments but he may have been on VFR. Still, I look forward to hearing about the health of the chopper if possible. Prayers to Kobe's loved ones and, of course for Kobe and his daughter to rest in peace.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks the MSM’s fawning coverage of his death, is overblown?

I didn't even know who he was. I knew he was some kind of famous sports athlete, but I had to look him up. By last night, networks were preempting TV shows to bring out specials on his life. What bullshit. The guy used his 8 million dollar plaything to save himself from driving in traffic and to impress four unfortunate children going to a child's basketball game, and it cost them their lives because the dumb jackass took the most dangerous and unreliable means of transportation up into fogged out conditions and flew right into a hillside.

Am I the only one who thinks the MSM’s fawning coverage of his death, is overblown?

I didn't even know who he was. I knew he was some kind of famous sports athlete, but I had to look him up. By last night, networks were preempting TV shows to bring out specials on his life. What bullshit. The guy used his 8 million dollar plaything to save himself from driving in traffic and to impress four unfortunate children going to a child's basketball game, and it cost them their lives because the dumb jackass took the most dangerous and unreliable means of transportation up into fogged out conditions and flew right into a hillside.
Kobe wasn’t the pilot

His Mamba Sports Academy team supposed to play against Fresno team called Fresno Lady Heat that tragic Sunday morning.

Mamba Sports Academy building is located in Thousands Oaks where wanna bee NBA player, college basketball player or NBA player practice and train. It’s very expensive to join.

He has several investments and other business ventures going on all at the same times. Like his sports drink worth over $200M from last year. I only hope that Vanessa’s financial advisors will guide her well.

I can feel her pain at young age of 37 widow with a 7 month old baby. A husband and a daughter died at the same time.
I doubt if Vanessa will have to worry about finances but losing a husband and daughter is an emotional blow

True. I heard that she wasn’t involved in any of Kobe businesses because of kids and maintain high reputations of married to NBA legends.

From personal experience I heard lots of sad stories when husband passed away business and money also disappeared mysteriously...... wife ending up bankruptcy Benjamin.

Vanessa applied for Laker girls. That is how they met but she didn’t get the job because of her physical ????

I remember Kobe saying. I asked her name.... Vaaannesssa. I’m gone.

His last text was around 8am with Shaquille O’Neal 20yo son Shareef playing for UCLA. Shareef asked him a question but Kobe never get a chance to reply.

I supposed to fly today to LA watch Lakers vs Clippers at Staples but they canceled the game in respect to Kobe.

you appear to be retarded but its ok

No you stupid cave chimp. He used the copter to spend more time with his family instead of sitting in traffic to and from games. He even spoke about it in an interview.

you appear to be retarded but its ok

You're definitely an idiot jackass with an inferiority-hate-inadequacy complex projected onto women and it's NOT OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back