Kristi Noem slams Covid shutdowns, defends South Dakota's record at CPAC

South Dakota had one of the highest per capita mortality rate and exported outbreaks to nearby states despite being a largely rural and therefore much lower risk state.
So, what are you saying?

Government mitigation efforts and mandates have no affect?

Interesting. :eusa_think:
I’m saying that we shouldn’t take lessons on a pandemic from one of the least densely populated states in the country whose decisions harmed other nearby states with higher population densities.
. . but you are speculating there.

You are just making blind accusations that their policies harmed other states. You have no proof of that.

You have an agenda, and you don't like the way this governor acted.

From all the studies I have read, mitigation efforts have little to no affect on virus transmission, so your statements are pure poppycock.

BUT? Governor Cuomo sending infected patients back into nursing homes certainly had a demonstrable effect on elderly mortality rates.

Let's not be disingenuous here.

stahp already.

A Super-spreader event is a media invention.
Super-spreader events are a reality. Though I know how fond you folks are of denying it. Remember, it wasn't just the fact this was a large gathering of people. The other issue, really the primary one, is COVID protocols were not enforced.
If a bunch of nitwits want to get together for an event and infect each other with COVID I'm cool with that........as long as they never leave Sturgis. The problem being their idiotic behavior effects innocent people, in some cases lethally, they come in contact with after the event.

You want to talk about "super spreaders"? The truth is Cuomo's "lockdown" of New York spread the Covid virus far more than anything like Sturgis! The fact is that people leaving New York's draconian lockdowns and going to places that weren't locked down...like Florida made New York the "super spreader"! Florida's numbers would have been much lower if not for the thousands of people who moved there to escape what Cuomo was doing.
I think bringing people from Wuhan China into the US was a super-spreader.
Thank you State Department.

A Super-spreader event is a media invention.
Super-spreader events are a reality. Though I know how fond you folks are of denying it. Remember, it wasn't just the fact this was a large gathering of people. The other issue, really the primary one, is COVID protocols were not enforced.
If a bunch of nitwits want to get together for an event and infect each other with COVID I'm cool with that. The problem being their idiotic behavior effects innocent people, in some cases lethally, they come in contact with after the event.
They're total horse shit.
A super-spreader event is New York Gov. Cuomo and Michigan Gov Whitmore forcing COVID positive patients into senior citizens rest homes.

South Dakota had one of the highest per capita mortality rate and exported outbreaks to nearby states despite being a largely rural and therefore much lower risk state.
So, what are you saying?

Government mitigation efforts and mandates have no affect?

Interesting. :eusa_think:
I’m saying that we shouldn’t take lessons on a pandemic from one of the least densely populated states in the country whose decisions harmed other nearby states with higher population densities.
. . but you are speculating there.

You are just making blind accusations that their policies harmed other states. You have no proof of that.

You have an agenda, and you don't like the way this governor acted.

From all the studies I have read, mitigation efforts have little to no affect on virus transmission, so your statements are pure poppycock.

BUT? Governor Cuomo sending infected patients back into nursing homes certainly had a demonstrable effect on elderly mortality rates.

Let's not be disingenuous here.

stahp already.
Harming other states.

Mitigation works.

The governor can do what she wants in her state. I’m saying there’s a million reasons why it’s not a model for the country. Major cities would have been disasters had they followed her lead.

Great speech by a true common sense governor who should be our next president

Time to end the scourge of Faucism
53C654E8-81C7-4102-A62E-DB765E150198.jpeg

Fauci's advice over the course of the pandemic doesn't make any sense, so he obviously has goals that we don't know about. Unless you believe he is an actual idiot. Here is an interesting timeline -

2019 - Fauci's NIAID backs a second $3.7M grant to Wuhan Institute of Virology - Dr Anthony Fauci backed $7.4m funding for controversial Wuhan lab blamed for causing Covid-19 by conspiracy theorists – The Sun
October 2019 - Event 201 Pandemic Tabletop Exercise - About Event 201, a high-level pandemic exercise on October 18, 2019 (centerforhealthsecurity.org)
December 2019 - mRNA coronavirus vaccine candidates developed and jointly-owned by NIAID and Moderna reviewed -

January 2020 - Fauci is out in public stating "this [Covid] is not something that the citizens of the US should be worried about" - Watch Dr. Fauci In January Say You Don't Need To Worry About Coronavirus | 710 WOR | Mark Simone (iheart.com)

How about a 911 commission on this sequence? Maybe his behavior will start making sense.

You want to talk about "super spreaders"? The truth is Cuomo's "lockdown" of New York spread the Covid virus far more than anything like Sturgis!
Where's your proof?
My proof? The fact that the New York strain infected more of the country than the strain coming from Washington State and China? It's simple common sense, Berg...something that you on the left were woefully lacking in! When Cuomo locked down New York...those with the financial ability to leave...did so! They went to places like Florida BECAUSE they were able to do the things that they couldn't do back in New York and they took Covid with them! The truth is...Andrew Cuomo's policies were the "super spreader" in this pandemic!

I would have thought that New Yorks main problem was the number of people flying in there from all over the world and then being released into the city straight away. Cuomo should have dealt with that as a priority..

You can be against COVID protocols if you are a reckless hack. You just can't complain when your recklessness causes death and economic harm..............and then blame it on someone promoting policies that prevent death and lead to an safer economic recovery.

2019 - Fauci's NIAID backs a second $3.7M grant to Wuhan Institute of Virology

Well, yeah. It’s pretty important that we work with China given the propensity for viruses to emerge there. It would be stupid to not keep an eye on these theeats

October 2019 - Event 201:pandemic Tabletop Exercise

Pandemic preparedness? Egad, what a scandal!

December 2019 - mRNA coronavirus vaccine candidates developed and jointly-owned by NIAID and Moderna reviewed -

Companies and the government partnering together to develop vaccine technology? Thank god, otherwise our COVID vaccine might not have been available now.

January 2020 - Fauci is out in public stating "this [Covid] is not something that the citizens of the US should be worried about"

Y’all never remember to include Fauci’s qualifier that there was no need to worry “right now”. “Now” being January 2020 when there was 1 case in the US.

My proof? The fact that the New York strain infected more of the country than the strain coming from Washington State and China?
First, prove it. Then we'll talk.
Do you want to deny that tens of thousands of New Yorkers left the city for other locales because of the lockdowns? The real estate market in Florida has been booming for months now with people from New York buying up places to live. New York City was THE Covid 19 hotspot and when Cuomo locked down the State what he did by imposing those draconian guidelines was to spread the virus to places that wealthy New Yorkers relocated to in order to ride out the shut down.

My proof? The fact that the New York strain infected more of the country than the strain coming from Washington State and China?
First, prove it. Then we'll talk.
Why should Non Progs care about you? You drew first blood many years ago. You are so obstinant that you can not accept your victories for your agendas and have to blame other people and condemn them. This while you can not explaining the failures among your successes. you have shut down the economy of the United States. At minimum we collect 3.4 trillion dollars on the federal level in taxes with a huge deficit every ear. At minimum in the last year...we are spending 6.2 trillion dollars at the federal level with more being added. Before this, 27% of each individual's income in our nation lived of government. Our deficits with proper interest rates that the fiat currency should have should not be paying 350 billion dollars in annual interest payments but at least a few trillion in debt payments. People suffer because of this somewhere. And the winds of war and nastiness to people foment the era we still have not gotten to.

Do you want to deny that tens of thousands of New Yorkers left the city for other locales because of the lockdowns?
I've asked you twice to substantiate your original assertion. Can you or can't you?

Forum List

Back