LA declares Dio Day today

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
I guess all of the crime and other civic problems in the City of Angels have been resolved, so all that is left is to salute and establish a holiday for the noted rock crooner and satanist, Ronnie James Dio.

This is truly a golden age if a shithole like LA has nothing better to do.

Never heard of him. City Councils all across the nation establish “X Day” for famous or citizens of note. Nothing to clutch one’s pearls over.
No clutching here. Just noting how LA fiddles while it burns down. Like San Francisco it has no interest or ability to solve it's big problems so it diverts attention away from these by honoring some fourth rate singer
from a long extinct LA hair band.

Never heard of him. City Councils all across the nation establish “X Day” for famous or citizens of note. Nothing to clutch one’s pearls over.
No clutching here. Just noting how LA fiddles while it burns down. Like San Francisco it has no interest or ability to solve it's big problems so it diverts attention away from these by honoring some fourth rate singer
I find these honors to be boring fluff. I bet you count one hand the amount people that will acknowledge this day. My friend has a day for him names due to his many charitable works, but no one really cares or celebrates it.

I find these honors to be boring fluff. I bet you count one hand the amount people that will acknowledge this day. My friend has a day for him names due to his many charitable works, but no one really cares or celebrates it.
Yes. Pointless and irrelevant. Agreed. Too bad LA doesn't treat it's pernicious problems
like it honors washed up hair band singers.

Meanwhile in LA.................

1622409470192.png

To be fair, creating meaningless, symbolic gestures is exactly what politicians should be doing.

The more they occupy themselves with the benign pomp and ceremony, the less time they have for causing any serious damage.

4th rate singer?....you dont know much about rock do you?...

To be fair, creating meaningless, symbolic gestures is exactly what politicians should be doing.

The more they occupy themselves with the benign pomp and ceremony, the less time they have for causing any serious damage.
No, no, they always seem to find the time

Like San Francisco it has no interest or ability to solve it's big problems so it diverts attention away from these by honoring some fourth rate singer
With all due respect. If you think RJD was a fourth rate singer you really don't know what you're talking about. RJD was a great singer.
Its not even debatable.

Last edited:
Like San Francisco it has no interest or ability to solve it's big problems so it diverts attention away from these by honoring some fourth rate singer
With all due respect. If you think RJD was a fourth rate singer you really don't know what you're talking about. RJD was a great singer.
Its not even debatable.
he doesnt know much about hard rock does he?..........

Its not even debatable.
Actually matters of taste ARE debatable.
And I'm not required to love some aging LA hair-metal singer because you do.
The same goes for Pavarotti, Mariah Carey, Frank Sinatra or Dolly Parton.
People love them. And detest them.

So take your little fan club and move along.

Its not even debatable.
Actually matters of taste ARE debatable.
And I'm not required to love some aging LA hair-metal singer because you do.
The same goes for Pavarotti, Mariah Carey, Frank Sinatra or Dolly Parton.
People love them. And detest them.

So take your little fan club and move along.
i guess he told you billy....lol...

i guess he told you billy....lol...
And you, you troll. Because you like shit doesn't mean I have to enjoy it too.
Even when popular (relatively speaking) Dio wasn't all that popular.

They were strictly a genre band without staying power or a great following.

The tears you cry over Dio are like soothing lotion to me.

Forum List

Back