LA declares Dio Day today

Actually matters of taste ARE debatable.
True.
And I'm not required to love some aging LA hair-metal singer because you do.
You certainly are not.
The same goes for Pavarotti, Mariah Carey, Frank Sinatra or Dolly Parton.
I couldn't agree more.
People love them. And detest them.
Absolutely.

The problem is in your post you were saying RJD was not good at singing (4th rate I believe)Which is simply not true.
A better response would have been that you don't care for his singing and leave it at that.
Do you see the difference?

They were strictly a genre band without staying power or a great following.
Actually, HE was in several bands.

Dio was far from a fourth rate singer. In general I didn't care for his music but the stuff he did with Rainbow was first rate. He had great range, and a very distinctive voice.

What set him apart in my mind is he could change style on a dime. He was fantastic live.

i guess he told you billy....lol...
And you, you troll. Because you like shit doesn't mean I have to enjoy it too.
Even when popular (relatively speaking) Dio wasn't all that popular.

They were strictly a genre band without staying power or a great following.

The tears you cry over Dio are like soothing lotion to me.
likes wasnt what this conversation was about.....its what you said about his ability.....proven you know nothing of this guy.....

if it has hard rock you wont go....
Yeah, that's sort of the point. He has a "great voice" like Andy Williams, Janis Joplin,
Loretta Lynn and the winners at yodeling contests have "great voices".
The matter is over for me, dudes. It's called "personal tastes".
If you don't like mine you can suck on it!

Dio is great like Ciderella, Britny Fox and Poison are great. Catch ya at Ratt-Fest!

Dio was far from a fourth rate singer. In general I didn't care for his music but the stuff he did with Rainbow was first rate. He had great range, and a very distinctive voice.

What set him apart in my mind is he could change style on a dime. He was fantastic live.
Ok. Your opinion and I accept that for what it is. A few people though can't wrap their minds around
an opinion that differs from theirs. I think that's tragic. Childish and tragic.

Ok. Your opinion and I accept that for what it is. A few people though can't wrap their minds around
an opinion that differs from theirs. I think that's tragic. Childish and tragic.

I think you have it backwards. No singer has a career that lasts that long, in that many bands, and sells that many albums, who is a fourth rate singer. Your calling him that was an insult to his talent, and his memory.

if it has hard rock you wont go....
Yeah, that's sort of the point. He has a "great voice" like Andy Williams, Janis Joplin,
Loretta Lynn and the winners at yodeling contests have "great voices".
The matter is over for me, dudes. It's called "personal tastes".
If you don't like mine you can suck on it!

Dio is great like Ciderella, Britny Fox and Poison are great. Catch ya at Ratt-Fest!
you dont have any idea why you got shit for what you said do you?...lol....

I think you have it backwards. No singer has a career that lasts that long, in that many bands, and sells that many albums, who is a fourth rate singer. Your calling him that was an insult to his talent, and his memory.
Tell that to Andy Williams. Or Dean Martin. Or Jim Neighbors.

You're yet another person that thinks subjective judgements of talent are sacrilege.
I'd advise all of you to grow up and realize your tastes in music are not universally
beloved and accepted.

I'm sure it shocks you to find anyone that disagrees with you. It happens a lot.

you dont have any idea why you got shit for what you said do you?...lol....
I know it has to do with childish whiners like you and your pals that can't handle the fact
that someone disagrees with them. Well, TFB (too fuckin' bad!).
it has nothing to do with that.....you are totally clueless eric.........

Tell that to Andy Williams. Or Dean Martin. Or Jim Neighbors.

You're yet another person that thinks subjective judgements of talent are sacrilege.
I'd advise all of you to grow up and realize your tastes in music are not universally
beloved and accepted.

I'm sure it shocks you to find anyone that disagrees with you. It happens a lot.

No, I am not surprised at your infantile view of the world. There are many singers whose music I don't care for. I am quite capable of recognizing their skills however. You allowed your personal feelings to color your appraisal of his singing ability. Then you get defensive because of the degree to which you are called out on it.

Trolls are famous for making stupid comments that have no basis in fact, then defending their positions to the end simply because they are trolls.

Are you a troll, or just unwilling to admit that your feelings caused you to denigrate Dio as a singer?

it has nothing to do with that.....you are totally clueless eric.........
Okay... :rolleyes:
You got in the last word because frankly your shit is boring and I'm not indulging you kids anymore.
Hope it was worth it for you.
seeing you get slapped around about what you said was worth it....and it has nothing to do about what you like...

No, I am not surprised at your infantile view of the world. There are many singers whose music I don't care for. I am quite capable of recognizing their skills however. You allowed your personal feelings to color your appraisal of his singing ability. Then you get defensive because of the degree to which you are called out on it.

Trolls are famous for making stupid comments that have no basis in fact, then defending their positions to the end simply because they are trolls.

Are you a troll, or just unwilling to admit that your feelings caused you to denigrate Dio as a singer?
You too are cut off now. I hope you enjoyed the time I gave you to whine, moan and work out your
inner baby.
You apparently will never understand that not everyone shares your opinions so I feel sorry for you.

Also sorry that your song god died and most people seem not to have noticed or cared.
So take off now. You're done here.

You too are cut off now. I hope you enjoyed the time I gave you to whine, moan and work out your
inner baby.
You apparently will never understand that not everyone shares your opinions so I feel sorry for you.

Also sorry that your song god died and most people seem not to have noticed or cared.

So, taking your ball and going home? Like I said, how infantile.

Goodbye little baby. Go play with yourself. I am sure you are easily amused.

inner baby.

by eric....see you at ratt-fest?....

Forum List

Back