Las Vegas shooting - a point not yet made

We still don't know the motive and they did discover a arsenal of weapon .
They did - at least $30,000 in rifles, just in the hotel room.
This supports the idea he had access to, and could have easily obtained, better weapons, but chose to use AR15s.

I still want to know how he brought all of the rifles into the hotel with no one noticing. Yes he probably made numerous trips with large duffel bags but still that is a lot of rifles and rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This supports the idea he had access to, and could have easily obtained, better weapons, but chose to use AR15s.
I still want to know how he brought all of the rifles into the hotel with no one noticing. Yes he probably made numerous trips with large duffel bags but still that is a lot of rifles and rounds.
Hotels do not routinely question the contents of their guest's luggage.

Why do you disagree that he could have -easily- killed and wounded more people had he chosen a different weapon?
Why do you disagree that the fact he chose a less effective weapon means he limited the number casualties he could create?
Because he committed the biggest mass shooting with the multiple weapons that he had.
So? How does that negate the points at hand?

You really haven't made a point other than to say there are more powerful weapons. So?
Do you even know what the fuck you are talking about? More powerful weapons? What the fuck does that even mean. a .223/5.56 is not a powerful weapon, It’s a cartridge... 22 caliber.
Nothing high powered about it, in fact it’s modestly “”powered”...

Quit listening to the Clinton news network and quit watching movies made by child molesting Hollywood types.

I'm not the one who brought up 'more powerful weapons'. I'm saying the AR was used in the most deadly mass shooting in this country's history as well as many if not most of the runner ups. It's something I don't believe you're compensating for in your argument.

STFU you gun-banning faggot. Evil men are going to do bad things.

If anything, gun regulations should be lessened in America.

We can't be cranking out quasi-state-babies though.

A lot of questions are unanswered about that shooting, people seeing shots coming from different angles n whatnot.

Very strange things. Also, many Filipinos are Muslims.

Here's my conspiracy theory: 2-3 perpetrators had him tied up in a corner while they did the shooting, then shot him and cut him loose and bailed.

Because he committed the biggest mass shooting with the multiple weapons that he had.

You really haven't made a point other than to say there are more powerful weapons. So?
Do you even know what the fuck you are talking about? More powerful weapons? What the fuck does that even mean. a .223/5.56 is not a powerful weapon, It’s a cartridge... 22 caliber.

Quit listening to the Clinton news network and quit watching movies made by child molesting Hollywood types.

I'm not the one who brought up 'more powerful weapons'. I'm saying the AR was used in the most deadly mass shooting in this country's history as well as many if not most of the runner ups. It's something I don't believe you're compensating for in your argument.

^Wingnut closet mating call. I'm not advocating for banning guns, I'm saying the argument presented in the OP is stupid.

A lot of questions are unanswered about that shooting, people seeing shots coming from different angles n whatnot.

Here's my conspiracy theory: 2-3 perpetrators had him tied up in a corner while they did the shooting, then shot him and cut him loose and bailed.

There isn't even a whiff of evidence that more than one person is responsible. Jesus, the conspiracies, at what point will you ever say to yourself "How come this stuff never turns out to be true?". Eh, maybe it's the mind controlling fluoride in the water.

^Wingnut closet mating call. I'm not advocating for banning guns, I'm saying the argument presented in the OP is stupid.

There isn't even a whiff of evidence that more than one person is responsible. Jesus, the conspiracies, at what point will you ever say to yourself "How come this stuff never turns out to be true?". Eh, maybe it's the mind controlling fluoride in the water.

Hella lotta shots fired for an out-of-shape 64 year old to be running back and forth between 2 windows and keeping up with.

One volley sounded like a full-auto AK, NOT an AR.

Hella lotta shots fired for an out-of-shape 64 year old to be running back and forth between 2 windows and keeping up with.

Because he had a bump stock and plenty of time, dipshit.

And unrealistic energy for a 64 year old, amirite? :rolleyes:

The LV shooter fired 1100 rounds, with 480 hits (58 Killed, 422 wounded) for a 43.6% hit rate,
This is impressively low, given the target and distance.

Indeed, the casualties caused by LV shooter were -limited- by the fact he used a number of AR15s with bump stocks - he could have easily killed and wounded significantly more people with a different choice of weapon.

Now, no one knows for sure why this guy did what he did, and what he did made no sense at all - but it is clear, he deliberately chose to buy and use AR15s in lieu of other more effective weapons - weapons he certainly knew about and had access to.

The question: Why?
We'll never know, of course.
But, given what could have happened, we should be thankful he chose his weapons poorly.
Horseshit.
Those people weren't killed with .223 rounds and bump stocks...The range from shooter(s) to victims, along with the fact that the rates of fire necessary to produce such a death toll, rules out such a close-quarters weapon.
Nice try, FBI.
Wut?
An AR-15/M-16 is a weapon not suitable for ranges beyond about 150 yards...And the rate of fire necessary to produce that level of carnage would have jammed the receivers and melted the barrels.

I hate it when people who should be smarter (M-14 shooter?) buy a fairy tale narrative like the one being peddled in this shooting.

I disagree with you Oddball, the AR platform is effective in its base form out to 460 meters. I have one rifle I built up for competition that is 1/4MOA accurate all the way out to 1000 meters with 80gr VLD projectiles.
Yeah, built up for competition....He had off-the-rack commercial pieces of junk.

And I've heard numerous recordings of the shooting...Those were NOT .223/5.56 rounds.....The "official"story is pure fantasy.

The LV shooter fired 1100 rounds, with 480 hits (58 Killed, 422 wounded) for a 43.6% hit rate,

Indeed, the casualties caused by LV shooter were -limited- by the fact he used a number of AR15s with bump stocks - he could have easily killed and wounded significantly more people with a different choice of weapon.

Now, no one knows for sure why this guy did what he did, and what he did made no sense at all - but it is clear, he deliberately chose to buy and use AR15s in lieu of other more effective weapons - weapons he certainly knew about and had access to.

But, given what could have happened, we should be thankful he chose his weapons poorly.
Horseshit.
Those people weren't killed with .223 rounds and bump stocks...The range from shooter(s) to victims, along with the fact that the rates of fire necessary to produce such a death toll, rules out such a close-quarters weapon.
Nice try, FBI.
Wut?
An AR-15/M-16 is a weapon not suitable for ranges beyond about 150 yards...And the rate of fire necessary to produce that level of carnage would have jammed the receivers and melted the barrels.

I hate it when people who should be smarter (M-14 shooter?) buy a fairy tale narrative like the one being peddled in this shooting.

I disagree with you Oddball, the AR platform is effective in its base form out to 460 meters. I have one rifle I built up for competition that is 1/4MOA accurate all the way out to 1000 meters with 80gr VLD projectiles.
Yeah, built up for competition....He had off-the-rack commercial pieces of junk.

And I've heard numerous recordings of the shooting...Those were NOT .223/5.56 rounds.....The "official"story is pure fantasy.

The bullets and the casings would tell quite a bit. Nothing was ever released about that.

If 140 gr bullets were recovered, that wasn't an AR.

--wow --great point :rolleyes-41:
thank god--yes--he murdered people
that is some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard!!!
actually, his shooting is BETTER than people TRAINED in weapons
here, cop shootings at 35% at CLOSE range!!!!
.....anyone who has researched police shootings knows it is not easy at all to hit HUMAN targets
New study on shooting accuracy: How does your agency stack up?
...at THAT range. he did very well ....you would not have been able to hit as many targets with single fire that quickly
it was NIGHT TIME!!!!
I've fired many times--- many years..pistol and rifle.....
etc

Last edited:

Not really and there is no DNA or camera surveillance of anyone else. There is literally zero evidence of anyone else involved. There is video of trip after trip after trip of him hauling up something like 23 suite cases, because that's totally fucking normal.

Horseshit.
Nice try, FBI.
Wut?

The bullets and the casings would tell quite a bit. Nothing was ever released about that.

If 140 gr bullets were recovered, that wasn't an AR.
Not just bullets and casings, but this act was perpetrated in Las Vegas; the city that had cameras everywhere before cameras everywhere was a thing.....Yet nearly all the footage from key points in the whole affair are mysteriously missing.

Anyone wanna buy a bridge?

Not really and there is no DNA or camera surveillance of anyone else. There is literally zero evidence of anyone else involved. There is video of trip after trip after trip of him hauling up something like 23 suite cases, because that's totally fucking normal.
There's zero camera footage of anything.....I've seen one video of him hauling luggage, but none of it that looked like it contained the amount of weaponry that he allegedly had.

He would have fired from two windows .... maybe considering his age 64, could the AR15s have been easier to use?
He could have used a tripod-mounted gun.
and then what??!!!

Where is your source for the 422 wounded? I am betting MOST of those injured did NOT occur from bullets but injuries sustained in the panicked stampede
He killed 58 people and wounded 422, with the ensuing panic bringing the injury total to 851.
2017 Las Vegas shooting - Wikipedia
It is not hard to shoot fish in a barrel, which is exactly what he was doing.
And achieved a meager 43.6% hit rate, and 5.2% kill rate.
police shooting is WORSE

jesus christ ''''M14'' [hahahahh]
..this OP makes you seem like you're 14 years olds
''thank god'' he chose that weapon !!!!!
..idiotic OP per stats/common sense/etc....and very insensitive/immature

Horseshit.
Nice try, FBI.
Wut?

I have heard the recordings as well, and i disagree with you. The sound characteristics change in urban areas. He actually had some very nice equipment. It wasn't junk, and like i said, even a basic AR is good to 460 meters. He was shooting at 325 meters.

single fire is more accurate--but takes much more TIME

Not much. Had he actually aimed he would have killed and wounded far more. The fact that he used the bump stock absolutely saved lives.

single fire is more accurate--but takes much more TIME

Not much. Had he actually aimed he would have killed and wounded far more. The fact that he used the bump stock absolutely saved lives.
jesus f christ --NO
that is some dumbshit
unless he trained -MORE than a few times---for night shooting from a hotel balcony
hahah-
1. you said ''wounded'' --wrong..NO WAY
2. if he used rocket propelled grenades/etc he would've killed more--blah blah
YOU people don't know FOR sure at all
..sorry --even if he used high tech scopes/etc, you still have to have the DISCIPLINE/training/know how to hit the target = per the above point--he wasn't trained
..you just don't go out and hit targets that far away at night!!
it takes a long time to learn how to shoot --I KNOW for a fact

Forum List

Back