Las Vegas shooting - a point not yet made

The LV shooter fired 1100 rounds, with 480 hits (58 Killed, 422 wounded) for a 43.6% hit rate,
This is impressively low, given the target and distance.

Indeed, the casualties caused by LV shooter were -limited- by the fact he used a number of AR15s with bump stocks - he could have easily killed and wounded significantly more people with a different choice of weapon.

Now, no one knows for sure why this guy did what he did, and what he did made no sense at all - but it is clear, he deliberately chose to buy and use AR15s in lieu of other more effective weapons - weapons he certainly knew about and had access to.

The question: Why?
We'll never know, of course.
But, given what could have happened, we should be thankful he chose his weapons poorly.
Where is your source for the 422 wounded? I am betting MOST of those injured did NOT occur from bullets but injuries sustained in the panicked stampede
He killed 58 people and wounded 422, with the ensuing panic bringing the injury total to 851.
2017 Las Vegas shooting - Wikipedia
It is not hard to shoot fish in a barrel, which is exactly what he was doing.
And achieved a meager 43.6% hit rate, and 5.2% kill rate.
police shooting is WORSE
Thank you, captain irrelevance.
you don't understand it do you????
the police are TRAINED to shoot and they MISS
it's the SAME with a rifle
it's EASY to shoot a target!!!--yes???? NO NO
...you think this guy is Carlos Hathcock!!!!!!!--NO NO
....we spent 2 WEEKS in marksmanship training ..1 whole week dry firing/positions/--sight picture drilled into our minds
..it's SO EASY--just sight picture --align front sight with rear sight
SO EASY--NO NO--not easy
it takes discipline
we had some, not many, that did NOT qualify...not everyone attained the highest medal = Expert......
it takes training and discipline

The police with rare exception are poorly trained at best. You don't know shit about modern police work. Nor do i believe anything you say about your prowess with a firearm. You are too fucking ignorant to have any of us believe any of that shite you post.

Where is your source for the 422 wounded? I am betting MOST of those injured did NOT occur from bullets but injuries sustained in the panicked stampede
He killed 58 people and wounded 422, with the ensuing panic bringing the injury total to 851.
police shooting is WORSE
....we spent 2 WEEKS in marksmanship training ..1 whole week dry firing/positions/--sight picture drilled into our minds
SO EASY--NO NO--not easy
it takes discipline
we had some, not many, that did NOT qualify...not everyone attained the highest medal = Expert......

Does shooting rabbits at a full run in the head qualify?
there's trick shooters that practice the same shots--etc
not the same as shooting humans

police shooting is WORSE
SO EASY--NO NO--not easy
it takes discipline

The police with rare exception are poorly trained at best. You don't know shit about modern police work. Nor do i believe anything you say about your prowess with a firearm. You are too fucking ignorant to have any of us believe any of that shite you post.
sorry --it's true
...so the police are NOT trained???!!!

police shooting is WORSE
SO EASY--NO NO--not easy
it takes discipline

.....I had some country boy as a co-worker who was also in the USMC ...he thought he was Mr Sniper/shooter --however I scored higher than he did
..sorry--I was one of the best shooters pistol and rifle

police shooting is WORSE
SO EASY--NO NO--not easy
it takes discipline

...you people are really shallow thinkers
..if I AGREED with you, you would believe me......
hahhahahhahahahahahhahaha
sorry--pal----I'm not afraid to tell it like it is

The LV shooter fired 1100 rounds, with 480 hits (58 Killed, 422 wounded) for a 43.6% hit rate,

Indeed, the casualties caused by LV shooter were -limited- by the fact he used a number of AR15s with bump stocks - he could have easily killed and wounded significantly more people with a different choice of weapon.

Now, no one knows for sure why this guy did what he did, and what he did made no sense at all - but it is clear, he deliberately chose to buy and use AR15s in lieu of other more effective weapons - weapons he certainly knew about and had access to.

But, given what could have happened, we should be thankful he chose his weapons poorly.
I don't think he had any military training, he would have used the .308 round heavy barrel. You don't need 4 long guns unless you are bringing friends. LOL They gave me one with two bbls for change outs. I still have my money on a Nut Job I don't understand their thinking, and he proved what? Nothing. I ll never know and it will fade

police shooting is WORSE
Tell us the difference between a point target and an area target.

police shooting is WORSE
The incident is the deadliest mass shooting committed by an individual in the history of the United States.
godamn--you are WORSE than 2Aguy for pro gun arguments..I didn't think anyone could be worse

police shooting is WORSE
SO EASY--NO NO--not easy
it takes discipline

No, moron, not when you are firing into a tightly packed crowd of over 22,000 people, you dope.

police shooting is WORSE
SO EASY--NO NO--not easy
it takes discipline

sure--good thing he chose THAT weapon
:rolleyes-41::rolleyes-41::rolleyes-41::rolleyes-41:

police shooting is WORSE
The incident is the deadliest mass shooting committed by an individual in the history of the United States.
godamn--you are WORSE than 2Aguy for pro gun arguments..I didn't think anyone could be worse
What's that?
You don't know the difference between a point target and an area target?
Thanks.
When you can, with specificity, demonstrate how the fact an AR was used to create the most casualties in any mass shooting address, let along negate, the fact the number of casualties he created was limited by his choice of weapon.

^Wingnut closet mating call. I'm not advocating for banning guns, I'm saying the argument presented in the OP is stupid.

There isn't even a whiff of evidence that more than one person is responsible. Jesus, the conspiracies, at what point will you ever say to yourself "How come this stuff never turns out to be true?". Eh, maybe it's the mind controlling fluoride in the water.

Hella lotta shots fired for an out-of-shape 64 year old to be running back and forth between 2 windows and keeping up with.

One volley sounded like a full-auto AK, NOT an AR.

Because he had a bump stock and plenty of time, dipshit.

And unrealistic energy for a 64 year old, amirite? :rolleyes:

Not really and there is no DNA or camera surveillance of anyone else. There is literally zero evidence of anyone else involved. There is video of trip after trip after trip of him hauling up something like 23 suite cases, because that's totally fucking normal.

Like I said. No one found that suspicious. All those trips with that many suitcases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did over several days often using different hotel staff to help him.

^Wingnut closet mating call. I'm not advocating for banning guns, I'm saying the argument presented in the OP is stupid.
And yet, you still cannot, with specificity, demonstrate how the fact an AR was used to create the most casualties in any mass shooting address, let along negate, the fact the number of casualties he created was limited by his choice of weapon.
You know this, of course.

He used multiple ARs, bump stocks and extended clips, what else do you want to know? Are you into this idiotic conspiracy crap too?

So? How does that negate the points at hand?

You really haven't made a point other than to say there are more powerful weapons. So?
Do you even know what the fuck you are talking about? More powerful weapons? What the fuck does that even mean. a .223/5.56 is not a powerful weapon, It’s a cartridge... 22 caliber.
Nothing high powered about it, in fact it’s modestly “”powered”...

Quit listening to the Clinton news network and quit watching movies made by child molesting Hollywood types.

I'm not the one who brought up 'more powerful weapons'. I'm saying the AR was used in the most deadly mass shooting in this country's history as well as many if not most of the runner ups. It's something I don't believe you're compensating for in your argument.

STFU you gun-banning faggot. Evil men are going to do bad things.

If anything, gun regulations should be lessened in America.

We can't be cranking out quasi-state-babies though.

A lot of questions are unanswered about that shooting, people seeing shots coming from different angles n whatnot.

Very strange things. Also, many Filipinos are Muslims.

Here's my conspiracy theory: 2-3 perpetrators had him tied up in a corner while they did the shooting, then shot him and cut him loose and bailed.

There isn't even a whiff of evidence that more than one person is responsible. Jesus, the conspiracies, at what point will you ever say to yourself "How come this stuff never turns out to be true?". Eh, maybe it's the mind controlling fluoride in the water.
Agreed – a truly inane thread premise.

And yet, you still cannot, with specificity, demonstrate how the fact an AR was used to create the most casualties in any mass shooting address, let along negate, the fact the number of casualties he created was limited by his choice of weapon.
You know this, of course.
He used multiple ARs, bump stocks and extended clips, what else do you want to know? Are you into this idiotic conspiracy crap too?
And yet, you STILLcannot, with specificity, demonstrate how the fact an AR was used to create the most casualties in any mass shooting address, let along negate, the fact the number of casualties he created was limited by his choice of weapon.

You really haven't made a point other than to say there are more powerful weapons. So?
Do you even know what the fuck you are talking about? More powerful weapons? What the fuck does that even mean. a .223/5.56 is not a powerful weapon, It’s a cartridge... 22 caliber.
Nothing high powered about it, in fact it’s modestly “”powered”...

Quit listening to the Clinton news network and quit watching movies made by child molesting Hollywood types.

I'm not the one who brought up 'more powerful weapons'. I'm saying the AR was used in the most deadly mass shooting in this country's history as well as many if not most of the runner ups. It's something I don't believe you're compensating for in your argument.

STFU you gun-banning faggot. Evil men are going to do bad things.

If anything, gun regulations should be lessened in America.

We can't be cranking out quasi-state-babies though.

A lot of questions are unanswered about that shooting, people seeing shots coming from different angles n whatnot.

Very strange things. Also, many Filipinos are Muslims.

Here's my conspiracy theory: 2-3 perpetrators had him tied up in a corner while they did the shooting, then shot him and cut him loose and bailed.

Agreed – a truly inane thread premise.
I notice your inability to meaningfully argue against it.
As per the norm.

Forum List

Back