Latest twist in JonBenet Ramsey case.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
JonBenet Ramsey Case: Judge Orders DA To Show Why Secret Indictment Of Parents Should Remain Secret

In 1999, a grand jury in the brutal murder case of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey voted to indict her parents, John and Patsy Ramsey. But then-Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter refused to sign it, citing that he could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

The indictment's existence was not known until earlier this year. Now a judge has ruled that the current Boulder DA Stan Garnett must show why the un-prosecuted indictment must remain secret.

"The court concludes that the secrecy required in the grand jury process is not compromised through a process that requires the presentment of the indictment in open court," Weld County Judge Robert Lowenbach wrote, The Boulder Daily Camera first reported. "Under this procedure, there is no breach of the secrecy and confidentiality expected in grand jury proceedings," Lowenbach continued. "It is ordered therefore that the defendant (Garnett) show cause why he should not be required to disclose the requested documents."

I still think the parents/brother knew who murdered her. I know DNA did not match at the murder scene, but I still think they were involved in some way. And what is the big secret still being hidden?

JonBenet Ramsey Case: Judge Orders DA To Show Why Secret Indictment Of Parents Should Remain Secret

In 1999, a grand jury in the brutal murder case of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey voted to indict her parents, John and Patsy Ramsey. But then-Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter refused to sign it, citing that he could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

The indictment's existence was not known until earlier this year. Now a judge has ruled that the current Boulder DA Stan Garnett must show why the un-prosecuted indictment must remain secret.

"The court concludes that the secrecy required in the grand jury process is not compromised through a process that requires the presentment of the indictment in open court," Weld County Judge Robert Lowenbach wrote, The Boulder Daily Camera first reported. "Under this procedure, there is no breach of the secrecy and confidentiality expected in grand jury proceedings," Lowenbach continued. "It is ordered therefore that the defendant (Garnett) show cause why he should not be required to disclose the requested documents."

I still think the parents/brother knew who murdered her. I know DNA did not match at the murder scene, but I still think they were involved in some way. And what is the big secret still being hidden?

well- I don't think either of the parents were involved. don't know who else could have been-don't care. what I do know--the Ramseys lived in Atlanta and attended Peachtree Presbyterian church--largest pres church in US--I attended it for a while. the sort of people who I met there --decent and honorable and I don't care to speculate further. Believe as you will. books have been written--movies made.

if someone wants to continue to pursue this and they are paid well to do it--fine. the case is closed as far as I am concerned. RIP--Jon Benet and Patsy.

not in the mood for this 's' today.

Have a good weekend. Nice fall weather here--good for raking up pecans and taking my dog for some long walks.

Michael Helgoth, was also a prime suspect. He was a Colorado native who died shortly after the murder. But his death left more questions than answers.

It appeared to be a suicide. And what about the stun gun discovered next to his body? Investigators believe a stun gun had been used on JonBenet.

Prosecutor DeMuth told me this about Helgoth: "I remember that he had footwear that was consistent with the footprint evidence, he had a stun gun, he had reportedly made statements to a friend, very similar to the types of statements that we're hearing about today in the press with the arrest of John Karr. "

Even more strange, a baseball cap with the letters s-b-t-c was found near Helgoth's body. Those are the same letters found in the ransom note at the Ramsey home. DeMuth says he believes Helgoth's DNA was tested and didn't match up.

CNN.com - Anderson Cooper 360° Blog

I would like to know if his DNA matched.

this is like the jeffery mcdonald murders.....there will always be doubts....i believe he killed his wife and two young daughters in cold blood.....to this day i believe that...my mother would never accept that he could do this....

I don't think the family killed her. Early on, I thought maybe Patsy accidentally killed her trying to get her to 'perform' sufficiently for one of the pageants. But there is DNA evidence that it was someone else. The family had enemies, particularly the father who was a businessman. And Patsy loved the pageant life, having herself been in them at a younger age, far too much to kill the girl.

Later developments

In December 2003, forensic investigators extracted enough material from a mixed blood sample found on JonBenét's underwear to establish a DNA profile.[9] The DNA belongs to an unknown male. The DNA was submitted to the FBI's Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), a database containing more than 1.6 million DNA profiles, mainly from convicted felons. The sample has yet to find a match in the database, although it continues to be checked for partial matches on a weekly basis, as are all unmatched samples.[citation needed]

Later investigations also discovered that there were more than 100 burglaries in the Ramseys' neighborhood in the months before JonBenét's murder, and that 38 registered sex offenders were living within a two-mile (3 km) radius of the Ramseys' home—an area that encompasses half the population of the city of Boulder—but that none of the sex offenders had any involvement in the murder.[10]

Murder of JonBenét Ramsey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fake ransom note implicated the parents but the sloppy job the police did at the crime scene ruined the case. The parents (or the brother) had to be involved. Nothing else makes sense.

the brother theory is harsh and weak.....he kills he while molesting her ? he kills her in a fit of jealousy?

same for the parents....why would either of them kill her?

One of the things that always creeped me out about that family was a Christmas video they made just before that Christmas where the Mom is going around showing all the POSSESSIONS they had and how valuable they were. That's creepy right there.....Mom definitely had a skewed value system.

Fascinating and tragic story about that little girl. Mom was a weirdo for sure, but what happened the night the kid died, who knows.

That pageant stuff is beyond sick.

she was out there...i agree but enough to kill her beloved child...that just goes against the southern woman in her too much...but then we did spawn susan smith and blanche moore

Michael Helgoth, was also a prime suspect. He was a Colorado native who died shortly after the murder. But his death left more questions than answers.

It appeared to be a suicide. And what about the stun gun discovered next to his body? Investigators believe a stun gun had been used on JonBenet.

Prosecutor DeMuth told me this about Helgoth: "I remember that he had footwear that was consistent with the footprint evidence, he had a stun gun, he had reportedly made statements to a friend, very similar to the types of statements that we're hearing about today in the press with the arrest of John Karr. "

Even more strange, a baseball cap with the letters s-b-t-c was found near Helgoth's body. Those are the same letters found in the ransom note at the Ramsey home. DeMuth says he believes Helgoth's DNA was tested and didn't match up.

CNN.com - Anderson Cooper 360° Blog

I would like to know if his DNA matched.

matched to WHAT?

you, guys, are really over the head with this "dna is a proof" thing.

First - it can only prove the relations issue ( maternity-paternity or if that is a sperm inside the other person - the case of sex involved - but not even a rape, just sex) - all this provided DNA samples are collected properly, stored properly and are enough to conduct the tests.

Everything else does not prove anything - it is as circumstantial as anything else.
and, the most important - the absence of somebody's DNA does not prove that a crime was not committed by that person as does the presence of the DNA automatically prove that it was committed.

Last edited:
One of the things that always creeped me out about that family was a Christmas video they made just before that Christmas where the Mom is going around showing all the POSSESSIONS they had and how valuable they were. That's creepy right there.....Mom definitely had a skewed value system.

Everyone should keep pictures of their belongings for insurance purposes. If you lose everything in a fire you will play hell convincing the insurance company what you had and how much it was worth.

Forum List

Back