Latin Music

Now, I would be remiss if I didn't introduce the queen of sultry, smoky vocals, Helen Folasade Adu and the band Sade. They broke out with their 1984 hit "Smooth Operator" and went on to chart with songs such as:
Paradise
Nothing Can Come Between Us
Sweetest Taboo
No Ordinary Love
and many more
On bass, and one of the original members is Paul Spenser Denman and his pre-Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay bass.

You didn't say you were into latin dance around a sombrero on the ground.

Does Afro-Cuban Jazz fall into this category? One of my favorite legends, John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie and his 1982 Carnegie Hall performance with a who's who of top shelf musicians performing "Tin Tin Deo"

Share want you want, I like all kinds of Latin music. Or all kinds of Spanish speaking music, for that matter. Besides, who cares what I think anyway. I don't own the thread, I just started it because I happened to be listening to Latin music at the time.

While I'm biased toward the romantic, sensusual Latin music, I listen to lots of different Latin genres.

I like the romantic, sensual Latin stuff because I also have a thing for Latina womenz, admittedly. Heh heh. They're fiery things, as you may know. Though very appropriate about how they tend to carry themselves as well. Very good posture, too. Usually. And good bone structure.

But I digress. Maybe I should just stick to saying it's good for dancing.

Like this kind of dancing...

Just lookit em all. See how they move?

Pay no attention to the goober in the tight pants and pink shirt. Though, to his credit, he does seem to be having a blast. And why wouldn't he be? Pft. Look around.

Last edited:
Share want you want, I like all kinds of Latin music. Or all kinds of Spanish speaking music, for that matter. Besides, who cares what I think anyway. I don't own the thread, I just started it because I happened to be listening to Latin music at the time.

While I'm biased toward the romantic, sensusual Latin music, I listen to lots of different Latin genres.

I like the romantic, sensual Latin stuff because I also have a thing for Latina womenz, admittedly. Heh heh. They're fiery things, as you may know. Though very appropriate about how they tend to carry themselves as well. Very good posture, too. Usually. And good bone structure.

Pay no attention to the goober in the tight pants and pink shirt. Though, to his credit, he does seem to be having a blast. And why wouldn't he be? Pft. Look around.

They move nice! Oh, and it is your thread.
I also like latin romantic music. Here is something very old, possibly not your cup of tea. I think the language is Portuguese, a truly sex somehow romance language. A group either discovered or backed by Herb Alpert, way back when.

and this from the same album, I have had for many years on vinyl

Alla Kushnir ain't bad with the moves either. Don't think many can compete with her

Not really that is more of a Tango or Rumba. I still dance to exercise but in my prime I was quite a dancer. Hubby and I won a few contest. But we have been dancing together for 45 years now.

Yeah, Tango is pretty fun if the music is right.

Do you dance N.C.?
Well. I'll say this. You'd never catch me on a dance floor with any of this modern music. I don't like jumping around to a bunch of empty noise. It's not natural. lol.

Depending on the situation I might start to move my heeuhps...(Forrest Gump voice)

It would have to be some kind of slow, romantic music.

Something liek this...

But I digress. Heh heh. You're gonna have people thinking I'm some kinda softy, asking me questions like that. :)

Well. I'll say this. You'd never catch me on a dance floor with any of this modern music. I don't like jumping around to a bunch of empty noise. It's not natural. lol.

Depending on the situation I might start to move my heeuhps...(Forrest Gump voice)

It would have to be some kind of slow, romantic music.

But I digress. Heh heh. You're gonna have people thinking I'm some kinda softy, asking me questions like that. :)

We don't dance to most of the new stuff but I do like to dancerize to Ice Ice baby and Can't Touch This. jackie Wilson ;Workout and Smooth is fun too.

Forum List

Back