🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Laura Ingraham, David Hogg and the beginning of the end of free speech.

Here's the little know-it-all:

Parkland Survivor David Hogg: 'Our Parents Don't Know How To Use a F**king Democracy So We Have To'

He kind of has a point.

Poll after poll show that majorities favor gun control.

images

But a small section of the population bullies congress into supporting an insane status quo.

And poll after poll show that majorities support the 2nd Amendment, but we know if we left it up to people like you, we would lose our right to private ownership of firearms.

I support the 2nd amendment. But, I don't know, can we dig a little deeper here? This is what gun control proponents support:

1521905527460.jpg

They are clearly in the majority.

The banning of "assault weapons" is the one that raises a red flag.

My semi-auto sport rifles that millions of people own work just like the boogeyman "assault weapons".

I'm not necessarily for banning assault style weapons either, right now I'm on the fence. I think the argument to ban them is valid though and should be looked at. One of the things Emma Gonzalez wants to do is look at the definition of what exactly an assault weapon is, I think that's a good start. It might merely come down to accessories such as extended clips and bump stocks that currently some AR15s are equipped with and many that are not.

Now, back to your previous post, you now see why polling the 2nd amendment's popularity is pretty much pointless considering there are many opinions on what exactly the 2nd amendment is. It's much better to poll on specific gun control measures and judging by your reply you seem to only take issue with one of them.

He kind of has a point.

images

But a small section of the population bullies congress into supporting an insane status quo.

And poll after poll show that majorities support the 2nd Amendment, but we know if we left it up to people like you, we would lose our right to private ownership of firearms.

I support the 2nd amendment. But, I don't know, can we dig a little deeper here? This is what gun control proponents support:

1521905527460.jpg

I support all five choices if they control criminal action.. Sadly, none of them will prevent or reduce gun violence. Every one of the choices are intended to hamper and restrict law abiding citizens and not criminals.
exactly HOW do these measures restrict law abiding citizens, other than the AR15 type ban?

Because law abiding citizens aren't likely to go on a shooting rampage. Why does a semi-automatic AR-15 need to be banned?

Most law abiding citizens aren't going to murder or say steal a car either but we still have laws.

And now it looks like you're really only arguing against the assault weapons ban and don't care too much about the other stuff. Perhaps this is when compromise is a good word to introduce into the debate.

Parkland Survivor David Hogg: 'Our Parents Don't Know How To Use a F**king Democracy So We Have To'

He kind of has a point.

images

1521905527460.jpg

I support all five choices if they control criminal action.. Sadly, none of them will prevent or reduce gun violence. Every one of the choices are intended to hamper and restrict law abiding citizens and not criminals.

With the exception of the last one about banning assault weapons not one of them can be remotely seen as restricting legal gun ownership from law abiding citizens.

The shooter in Parkland was under 21 and used an assault styled weapon.

Almost every mass shooter uses an assault styled weapon

There are loopholes around the background check system, those should be closed as killers have bought guns this way in the past. Media Reports Ohio Killer 'Likely' Got Guns Through Private Sales

How are armed guards at school limiting your 2nd amendment rights?

At least you were smart enough to avoid the point of my post, that being the kids at Parkland have the favor of the vast majority of Americans and it is people like you who are out of step (as usual) with the mainstream.
I said I support all 5 items being employed for criminals. Not law abiding citizens. And we are the major part of the "mainstream."

He kind of has a point.

images

1521905527460.jpg

With the exception of the last one about banning assault weapons not one of them can be remotely seen as restricting legal gun ownership from law abiding citizens.

There are loopholes around the background check system, those should be closed as killers have bought guns this way in the past. Media Reports Ohio Killer 'Likely' Got Guns Through Private Sales

At least you were smart enough to avoid the point of my post, that being the kids at Parkland have the favor of the vast majority of Americans and it is people like you who are out of step (as usual) with the mainstream.
I said I support all 5 items being employed for criminals. Not law abiding citizens. And we are the major part of the "mainstream."

Oy. What a way to have your cake and eat it to. "I support all this shit, but just for criminals so I don't support any of this shit for the rest of us".

Talk about spineless. Just say up front that you don't support gun control at all which puts you at odds with most Americans. Just be happy with your contritioness but don't be surprised when you lose the debate.

He kind of has a point.

images

1521905527460.jpg

The banning of "assault weapons" is the one that raises a red flag.

My semi-auto sport rifles that millions of people own work just like the boogeyman "assault weapons".

I'm not necessarily for banning assault style weapons either, right now I'm on the fence. I think the argument to ban them is valid though and should be looked at. One of the things Emma Gonzalez wants to do is look at the definition of what exactly an assault weapon is, I think that's a good start. It might merely come down to accessories such as extended clips and bump stocks that currently some AR15s are equipped with and many that are not.

Now, back to your previous post, you now see why polling the 2nd amendment's popularity is pretty much pointless considering there are many opinions on what exactly the 2nd amendment is. It's much better to poll on specific gun control measures and judging by your reply you seem to only take issue with one of them.

Well that's fine, many people have asked about the definition of what an assault rifle is. Emma Gonzalez ? Lol ! I really don't need a 17 year old girl to work at defining it for me.

1521905527460.jpg

Oy. What a way to have your cake and eat it to. "I support all this shit, but just for criminals so I don't support any of this shit for the rest of us".

Talk about spineless. Just say up front that you don't support gun control at all which puts you at odds with most Americans. Just be happy with your contritioness but don't be surprised when you lose the debate.

I firmly believe in gun control as stipulated in the 2nd Amendment. You lost.

1521905527460.jpg

What does well regulated mean?

Because law abiding citizens aren't likely to go on a shooting rampage. Why does a semi-automatic AR-15 need to be banned?

Because it has no practical use for anything other than committing a mass shooting. Therefore, no good reason for a civilian to own one.

He kind of has a point.

images

1521905527460.jpg

exactly HOW do these measures restrict law abiding citizens, other than the AR15 type ban?

Because you are only law abiding up until the time you aren’t.

All of these school shooters were law abiding citizens

In all fairness, no nation (including ours) has ever had "freedom of speech."

1. During the American Revolution, you might have been tarred and feathered if you supported the British.

2. During the Civil War, you would have been told to shut up if you (in the South) opposed secession or if you (in the North) supported secession.

3. During the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s, you would have been told to shut up if you (in the South) opposed segregation or if you (in the North) supported segregation.

Today in 2018, everyone knows exactly what NOT to say at school and at work.

That is why so many people come here to this website in order to (anonymously) blow off steam -- IMHO.

In all fairness, no nation (including ours) has ever had "freedom of speech."

1. During the American Revolution, you might have been tarred and feathered if you supported the British.

2. During the Civil War, you would have been told to shut up if you (in the South) opposed secession or if you (in the North) supported secession.

3. During the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s, you would have been told to shut up if you (in the South) opposed segregation or if you (in the North) supported segregation.

That is why so many people come here to this website in order to (anonymously) blow off steam -- IMHO.
Speech has consequences
Always has

oh, I agree. Freedom of speech just means that the government can't stop you from saying something.

What you say STILL has consequences.

Her biggest mistake? Apologizing to the little mother fucker that was NOT A SURVIVOR but an opportunist. That Hogg bitch deserves to be taken down hard.

On the bright side there is a mega counter protest now launched against any and all of the advertisers who dropped Laura. Conservatives have money too. And its time to destroy any company who decides they want to listen to a mini dictator like Hogg.

He is a survivor and as long as I see shit like this being said as though it were the truth, I will show up and call you on it.

To the OP: Ever heard of libel? Slander? You don't get to shit talk people without repercussion. You don't get to say whatever you want on the job, do you? Or wouldn't you know that no, you can't. You will be called into the pastor's office if you shit talk fellow members of the congregation. If nothing else, he will expect you to lift up those who are hurting, and not tear them down.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean what you think it means. Not by a long shot, not even close.

Ostracism is a form of bullying, bub.

is there some kind of disease or mental condition where we all forget what it was like to be a teen or a pre-teen?

This notion that if we just gave Nick Cruz a hug, he'd have been fine is silly.

No, what we needed to do is make sure he couldn't get a gun,a nd we failed.

And isn't it ironic that people all over the internet are bullying David Hogg on a daily basis but sing along with me now! "That's different."

Assholes, the lot of 'em. Buy one, get two free.

Free speech is a guaranteed right under the Constitution so voicing an opinion about something or someone is protected so long as it is truthful and does not inflict harm. Free Speech today is already under fire from some who want to modify its meaning for example "hate speech". So there are already efforts underway to downgrade free speech from a right to a privilege which is an early step to abolish actual free speech as too dangerous to be allowed which is the argument used by all totalitarian governments.

Ingraham made her own bed because she was unprofessional when she used Facebook as a forum to impugn Hogg's positions. But Hogg's response was far more dangerous to free speech because he used his speech as revenge speech to destroy Ingraham financially.

Free speech is the one thing that separates the US from most of the rest of the world but it is not bulletproof and it can be gone in a heartbeat if the people are afraid to use it for fear of losing their incomes

What does well regulated mean?

That's what occurs when you have regular bowel movements.

Because it has no practical use for anything other than committing a mass shooting. Therefore, no good reason for a civilian to own one.
Why not. Besides an AR-15, I have a Glock 17 that holds 17 rounds. Most shootings are at close range. I only use them for target shooting and self defense if necessary.

Forum List

Back