Laura Ingraham discovers Bush is to blame for ISIS: ‘Iraq is worse than before we went in’

whoa, six years later and still everything is Bush's fault

what a shocker eh? ain't been nothing that's been the man/child Obama's fault yet

Miraculous just like he is. but he hasn't stopped the seas rising yet or healed the planet...he be working on that while on the golf course

Yes because we all know that actions and policies set in motion years before have no affect on the present , right? you LOW IQ Buffoon

Laura Ingraham discovers Bush is to blame for ISIS: ‘Iraq is worse than before we went in

Conservative radio host Laura Ingraham lamented over the weekend that Iraq was worse now because President George W. Bush had invaded the country in 2003.

During a panel segment on Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace asked Ingraham if President Barack Obama had made the correct decision by ordering airstrikes against ISIS, a group of Islamic radicals who are taking advantage of a power vacuum in Iraq to slowly seize control of the country.

“It’s really hard, I don’t think you can judge how he did right now,” she admitted. “We’re almost in an impossible situation. The America people really have no appetite for America to reengage. They don’t want us to go into Syria.”

“He’s now reluctantly seeing the perils of inaction,” the radio host continued. “If we do nothing here, then what? I mean, let’s say Iraq does fall, which I think is a possibility. Iraq may fall. If, indeed, there are no boots are the ground, not going to happen, can’t happen.”

Ingraham added that she was “not saying” she wanted to see U.S. forces return to Iraq: “I don’t know if there’s a good solution right now, which is a horrible thing to say for the United States of America.”

Later in the segment, Ingraham pointed out that al Qaeda — through its ISIS offshoot group — was “becoming the Islamic state.

“We tried to do all these things in Iraq, now Iraq is worse off!” she exclaimed. “I mean, I hate to say that, but Iraq is worse than before we went in to Iraq. Christians are gone, there’s no sense of order at all.”

“Saddam Hussein is gone. That’s a good thing, but what’s left? A more embolden Islamic state.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/1...re-we-went-in/

Well..."Duh!"

Problem is that Laura doesn't have a clue what she's talking about whatsoever.

ISIS has nothing to do with Bush but everything to do with our current western leaders Obama/Harper/Cameron who have lead the pack trying to depose Assad leaving Syria wide open for ISIS to become the most powerful and wealthiest terrorist government/army on the planet.

It's not an opinion. It's fact.

Laura gave up her conservative credentials a long time ago.

OMG! You're too much!

Are you related to Stephanie?
4i6Ckte.gif

are related to a troll? about all you do and post flaming threads
sad little life you have there

sezz the trailer dwelling , government cheese taker

So what's the theory on what the region would look like today if Saddam et al were just left to run the show in Iraq ?
Actually..believe it or not, Bush played it pretty well up until the invasion.

Saddam agreed to inspections and was ready to leave, with his sons.

Had he allowed that to happen, and the Baathists stayed in place? Who knows?

Panama benefited a great deal when Noriega was ousted.

what a shocker eh? ain't been nothing that's been the man/child Obama's fault yet

Miraculous just like he is. but he hasn't stopped the seas rising yet or healed the planet...he be working on that while on the golf course

Yes because we all know that actions and policies set in motion years before have no affect on the present , right? you LOW IQ Buffoon

Bush has had nothing to do with destabilizing the Middle East in the here and now.

Obama/Harper/Cameron have turned the dog's breakfast that is the normal ME condition into FUBAR'D.

They are the one's that destabilized Egypt, Libya (the jihadis are currently having pool parties at the US Embassy in Tripoli and look like they will be in control of 1/5th of the world's oil deposits) and Syria.

These assholes, our leaders, turned a blind eye to all the jihadists and mercenaries operating in Syria and allowed them to become very powerful because they have been determined to remove Assad from power.

AQ under al Nusra has a new lease on life and ISIS now IS is the worlds wealthiest and most powerful terror crew on the planet.

Bush had no part in this. ISIS invaded Iraq. From Syria. They've taken over one third of Syria and are billionaires. They're raking in 1 million $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ A DAY from the oil fields that they've captured.

This is in the here and now and Obama/Harper/Cameron and others are all the ones responsible for this freaking mess.

Laura Ingraham discovers Bush is to blame for ISIS: ‘Iraq is worse than before we went in

Conservative radio host Laura Ingraham lamented over the weekend that Iraq was worse now because President George W. Bush had invaded the country in 2003.

During a panel segment on Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace asked Ingraham if President Barack Obama had made the correct decision by ordering airstrikes against ISIS, a group of Islamic radicals who are taking advantage of a power vacuum in Iraq to slowly seize control of the country.

“It’s really hard, I don’t think you can judge how he did right now,” she admitted. “We’re almost in an impossible situation. The America people really have no appetite for America to reengage. They don’t want us to go into Syria.”

“He’s now reluctantly seeing the perils of inaction,” the radio host continued. “If we do nothing here, then what? I mean, let’s say Iraq does fall, which I think is a possibility. Iraq may fall. If, indeed, there are no boots are the ground, not going to happen, can’t happen.”

Ingraham added that she was “not saying” she wanted to see U.S. forces return to Iraq: “I don’t know if there’s a good solution right now, which is a horrible thing to say for the United States of America.”

Later in the segment, Ingraham pointed out that al Qaeda — through its ISIS offshoot group — was “becoming the Islamic state.

“We tried to do all these things in Iraq, now Iraq is worse off!” she exclaimed. “I mean, I hate to say that, but Iraq is worse than before we went in to Iraq. Christians are gone, there’s no sense of order at all.”

“Saddam Hussein is gone. That’s a good thing, but what’s left? A more embolden Islamic state.

Well..."Duh!"

ISIS has nothing to do with Bush but everything to do with our current western leaders Obama/Harper/Cameron who have lead the pack trying to depose Assad leaving Syria wide open for ISIS to become the most powerful and wealthiest terrorist government/army on the planet.

That's incorrect.

There was no substantial Al Qaeda presence in Iraq prior to the invasion. Afterwards? There was.

It started with this guy: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (Arabic: أبومصعب الزرقاوي‎, pronunciation (help·info) ’Abū Muṣ‘ab az-Zarqāwī, Abu Musab from Zarqa); October 30, 1966 – June 7, 2006), born Ahmad Fadeel al-Nazal al-Khalayleh (Arabic: أحمد فضيل النزال الخلايله‎, ’Aḥmad Faḍīl an-Nazāl al-Ḫalāyla) was a militant Islamist from Jordan who ran a paramilitary training camp in Afghanistan. He became known after going to Iraq and being responsible for a series of bombings, beheadings, and attacks during the Iraq War.
He formed al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in the 1990s, and led it until his death in June 2006. Zarqawi took responsibility, on several audio and video recordings, for numerous acts of violence in Iraq including suicide bombings and hostage executions. Zarqawi opposed the presence of US and Western military forces in the Islamic world, as well as the West's support for the existence of Israel. In late 2004 he joined al-Qaeda, and pledged allegiance to Osama bin Laden. After this al-Tawhid wal-Jihad became known as Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), and al-Zarqawi was given the Al-Qaeda title, "Emir of Al Qaeda in the Country of Two Rivers".[1]
In September 2005, he declared "all-out war" on Shia in Iraq after the Iraqi government offensive on insurgents in the Sunni town of Tal Afar.[2] He dispatched numerous suicide bombers throughout Iraq to attack American soldiers and areas with large concentrations of Shia militias. He is also thought to be responsible for the 2005 bombing of three hotels in Amman, Jordan.[3] Zarqawi was killed in a targeted killing by a Joint US force on June 7, 2006, while attending a meeting in an isolated safehouse approximately 8 km (5.0 mi) north of Baqubah. One United States Air Force F-16C jet dropped two 500-pound (230 kg) guided bombs on the safehouse.[4]

And the insurgency moved into most adjacent countries and back in to Iraq.

You seem to forget all the trouble that came out of the invasion. There were regular terrorist attacks in places like Turkey and Iran.

Bush is very responsible for all of this.

Well..."Duh!"

That's incorrect.

There was no substantial Al Qaeda presence in Iraq prior to the invasion. Afterwards? There was.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (Arabic: أبومصعب الزرقاوي‎, pronunciation (help·info) ’Abū Muṣ‘ab az-Zarqāwī, Abu Musab from Zarqa); October 30, 1966 – June 7, 2006), born Ahmad Fadeel al-Nazal al-Khalayleh (Arabic: أحمد فضيل النزال الخلايله‎, ’Aḥmad Faḍīl an-Nazāl al-Ḫalāyla) was a militant Islamist from Jordan who ran a paramilitary training camp in Afghanistan. He became known after going to Iraq and being responsible for a series of bombings, beheadings, and attacks during the Iraq War.
He formed al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in the 1990s, and led it until his death in June 2006. Zarqawi took responsibility, on several audio and video recordings, for numerous acts of violence in Iraq including suicide bombings and hostage executions. Zarqawi opposed the presence of US and Western military forces in the Islamic world, as well as the West's support for the existence of Israel. In late 2004 he joined al-Qaeda, and pledged allegiance to Osama bin Laden. After this al-Tawhid wal-Jihad became known as Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), and al-Zarqawi was given the Al-Qaeda title, "Emir of Al Qaeda in the Country of Two Rivers".[1]
In September 2005, he declared "all-out war" on Shia in Iraq after the Iraqi government offensive on insurgents in the Sunni town of Tal Afar.[2] He dispatched numerous suicide bombers throughout Iraq to attack American soldiers and areas with large concentrations of Shia militias. He is also thought to be responsible for the 2005 bombing of three hotels in Amman, Jordan.[3] Zarqawi was killed in a targeted killing by a Joint US force on June 7, 2006, while attending a meeting in an isolated safehouse approximately 8 km (5.0 mi) north of Baqubah. One United States Air Force F-16C jet dropped two 500-pound (230 kg) guided bombs on the safehouse.[4]

You seem to forget all the trouble that came out of the invasion. There were regular terrorist attacks in places like Turkey and Iran.

Bullshit. AQ has sprung up in all sorts of countries that weren't invaded. Give me a break with that lamo line.

And AQI were just Mohammed six packs blowing up people and shit for their 72 virgins. They were chump change.

All this changed when Bagdhadi who was released from prison in 2009 became the leader of what was known between two names. AQI and ISI.

Because our darling leaders sought to overthrow Assad and here is the key in the time line that's when Bagdhadi still an AQ affiliate at the time moved into Syria.

So who helped destabilize Syria Sallow? Obama/Harper/Cameron working with Saudi Arabia and Qatar to depose Assad.

And our jolly good fellows opened the door in Syria for both ISI and al Nusra (AQ as well) to become jihadi rock stars.

Our western leaders have provided supplies and weaponry to these faux rebels screened by Qatar and SA. (What could possibly go wrong?)

All of the basis for the power of ISIL now IS has come in Syria. In the here and now. So much power that they have overtaken AQ as the primo jihadi group on the planet.

Rock stars thanks to our asshole leaders.

Last edited:

Hey steph we see your trailer house behind the sign :laugh2:

Well..."Duh!"

That's incorrect.

Bullshit. AQ has sprung up in all sorts of countries that weren't invaded. Give me a break with that lamo line.

And AQI were just Mohammed six packs blowing up people and shit for their 72 virgins. They were chump change.

All this changed when Bagdhadi who was released from prison in 2009 became the leader of what was known between two names. AQI and ISI.

Because our darling leaders sought to overthrow Assad and here is the key in the time line that's when Bagdhadi still an AQ affiliate at the time moved into Syria.

So who helped destabilize Syria Sallow? Obama/Harper/Cameron working with Saudi Arabia and Qatar to depose Assad.

And our jolly good fellows opened the door in Syria for both ISI and al Nusra (AQ as well) to become jihadi rock stars.

Our western leaders have provided supplies and weaponry to these faux rebels screened by Qatar and SA.

All of the basis for the power of ISIL now IS has come in Syria. In the here and now.

Because of our asshole leaders.

Don't ever join the State Department. Or get involved in foreign policy.

You are way out of your element.

obama took a stable country trying to put itself on the road to freedom and democracy and trashed it. Saying that Saddam Hussein would have prevented the rise of ISIS is the height and magnification of wishful thinking since they would have both been on the same side.

obama took a stable country trying to put itself on the road to freedom and democracy and trashed it. Saying that Saddam Hussein would have prevented the rise of ISIS is the height and magnification of wishful thinking since they would have both been on the same side.

No, Saddam was secular. His second wife, a European, his 2nd in command, Tariq Aziz, a Christian. Saddam was a monster but one that looked for slavish devotion, not religious beliefs.

Seriously you're going to make this claim ?

It's worse now because we left before the country was ready for us to leave it to stand on it's own.
This isn't brain surgery.

What?

No it wasn't.

Maliki was engaging in Sunni massacres. He was basically a terrorist, himself, back in the day.

And Iraq never really emerged from it's civil war that was started once the military was disbanded.

It became low grade for a bit because of the bribes..but it never really died. Maliki wasn't going to be the great "Uniter" either. Mainly because he wanted nothing to do with Sunnis, Kurds or anyone else.

Laura gave up her conservative credentials a long time ago. She was vying for a slot on FOX and lo and behold she was slagging Romney daily on her show. Slagging conservatives on a continual basis.

I fixated on your first sentence, because...wow!

But your second and third sentences show just how delusional you have become, td. You actually believe that Romney was a conservative, when he clearly was saying whatever conservatives wanted to hear, and had no history of taking those positions - in fact, he took the complete opposite positions just a few years beforehand.

I'm no fan of Ingraham but I recognize that she is an ultra-conservative who slags Republicans who are not far enough to the Right.

Syn no she isn't ultra right. Laura is just a player. Just like the Mouth from the South Kathleen (shoot I can't remember her last name right now; a columnist that I always heard on air up here with Adler) or David Frum who have played both sides of the aisle to keep their profile front and center. There's a lot of them that play that game.

Kathleen Parker. Yes, Parker belongs in the group with David Frum, David Brooks, George Will (pre-pandering), etc.

Laura Ingraham belongs in the group with Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, Jim DeMint.

Ingraham helped Bratt beat Cantor in Virginia. She was very vocal in support of the teabagger in Mississippi - the whiner who still can't accept his loss. Maybe he'll hold his breath next. She also campaigned for the teabagger who challenged Lamar Alexander in Tennessee.

She's as wingnutty as they come.

Keep trying to change that narrative.

Saddam Hussein was strong enough to prevent groups like ISIS from running amok. When we took down Hussein and killed nearly a million Iraqis, we created a power vacuum that ISIS is filling. The same is true of Libya, Egypt, and Syria.

We will be paying for the Iraq war for generations--it was a monumental policy disaster. Thanks, Cheney.

And extremely exacerbated by Obama's stupid premature withdrawl.

It's worse now because we left before the country was ready for us to leave it to stand on it's own.
I'm not making the claim - Laura Ingraham is.

I'm not making the claim - Laura Ingraham is.

I'm not saying it was a good thing we invaded, but remember what Powell said "you break it, it's yours".

Well we broke it, and Obama should have had the sense to realize that the country wasn't ready to leave, but since he couldn't swallow his damn ego, and realize that despite all his campaign talk about "watch me" leave Iraq, the only strategy at that point was to nation build.

It just goes to show that this man was just too inexperienced to be the leader of the free world. Next time amateurs need not apply, and voters need not be so fucking gullible.

Forum List

Back