Lauryn Hill plays the Slavery Card in her Tax Evasion Defense...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Yahoo!

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Grammy-winning singer Lauryn Hill stood in federal court Monday and compared her experience in the music business to the slavery her ancestors endured before a judge sentenced her to three months in prison for failing to pay about $1 million in taxes over the past decade.

"I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them," Hill said before U.S. Magistrate Madeline Cox Arleo. "I had an economic system imposed on me."

:rofl:

Sources say her next Ablum, yes Ablum, will be Produced by Public Enemy.

:)

peace...

Here Mom (Valerie Hill) was a high school English teacher and her Dad (Mal Hill) was a computer programmer...

Damn... Them Slaves had good Jobs. :thup:

And no... I'm not her Daddy...

Or am I?... :dunno:

peace...

Yahoo!

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Grammy-winning singer Lauryn Hill stood in federal court Monday and compared her experience in the music business to the slavery her ancestors endured before a judge sentenced her to three months in prison for failing to pay about $1 million in taxes over the past decade.

"I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them," Hill said before U.S. Magistrate Madeline Cox Arleo. "I had an economic system imposed on me."

:rofl:

Sources say her next Ablum, yes Ablum, will be Produced by Public Enemy.

peace...

She purportedly will be rehearsing her next cover tune while cooling her heels in the pokie...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRyDlVOE86U]Chain Gang - Sam Cooke - YouTube[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
All joking aside... Lauryn's had a rough Life... Living both in the Caribbean and in an upscale Hotel in Miami until she went broke and stopped paying taxes was terrible... Can you imagine it?...

peace...

Maybe her and another Child Star can do a duet together?... From Prison. Lindsay Lohan's likely to go to Prison soon also isn't she?... Maybe they could perform "Ebony and Ivory" from Folsom.

peace...

All joking aside... Lauryn's had a rough Life... Living both in the Caribbean and in an upscale Hotel in Miami until she went broke and stopped paying taxes was terrible... Can you imagine it?...

peace...

Miss Hill claims, "This was a life of sacrifice with very little time for myself and my children." Perhaps she should forgo the music business and work at McDonald's or some other sweat shop hell hole and see what little time she really has. Privileged creep gets to eat stale baloney sandwiches. That is what we used to give the clowns we put in the D-tank until it was time to process them.

peace...

Miss Hill claims, "This was a life of sacrifice with very little time for myself and my children." Perhaps she should forgo the music business and work at McDonald's or some other sweat shop hell hole and see what little time she really has. Privileged creep gets to eat stale baloney sandwiches. That is what we used to give the clowns we put in the D-tank until it was time to process them.

Bigot.

j/k :lol:

peace...

This is the end result of telling black people that they are owed for ancestral slavery. That forever more they have a right to be free of all responsibility, obligation or law. I've heard the from some of the most successful black people I ever knew.

peace...

Bigot.

j/k :lol:

peace...

More like a spigot spewing bile for tax evaders....:doubt:

However, tax avoidance is both legal and appropriate depending on the circumstance.

If she thinks her experience so closely mirrors that of her slave ancestors, perhaps part of her sentence should include a few days Community Service on some kind of agricultural concern which still utilizes human labor to cultivate and harvest their crops.

She will probably chip her nails and have a meltdown but she will almost certainly come to understand just how much she cheapened the suffering of her ancestors with an asinine remark like that.

Poor little pretty, pretty princess.

Last edited:
So, let me get this straight. She avoided theft for several years, an once the thieves caught up to her, they plan to throw her in jail, after she "paid", so the citizens can pay the thieves to feed her for three months?

Have I got that straight?

So, let me get this straight. She avoided theft for several years, an once the thieves caught up to her, they plan to throw her in jail, after she "paid", so the citizens can pay the thieves to feed her for three months?

The IRS are thieves?

Just when I thought you were one of the reasonable types.

The IRS are thieves?

When the IRS is taking money from a black person they are thieves. When the IRS is taking money from a corporation they are helping poor people.

The IRS are thieves?

I'm not going to turn this thread into a debate on whether or not taxation is theft.
One should be reasonable enough to see that if she "paid" the "owed" "taxes", then the IRS could have imposed the 60k fine (sort of like when you dont pay a loan shark, and the pay back gets higher and higher) and called it a day. Instead, they also gave her jail time?

OK....

The IRS are thieves?

When the IRS is taking money from a black person they are thieves. When the IRS is taking money from a corporation they are helping poor people.

What?

The IRS are thieves?

I'm not going to turn this thread into a debate on whether or not taxation is theft.
One should be reasonable enough to see that if she "paid" the "owed" "taxes", then the IRS could have imposed the 60k fine (sort of like when you dont pay a loan shark, and the pay back gets higher and higher) and called it a day. Instead, they also gave her jail time?

OK....

Ok.... you don't like the punishment she received for breaking the law. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Please dont tell me you are one of those who complain about government overspending after saying that.

Forum List

Back