Law professor: Slippery slope to legal incest and polygamy

Too bad bodey that no one had the balls to expose you for what you are, you would not be getting any pension now....you would be out on your ass like the others that went before you.

Actually we live in a republic, not a democracy. The term democracy was not actually even used until the 20th century. That's a good thing, power divided is power checked. That's a good thing, a Democracy leads to mob rule, it is oppression of the majority. Clearly what the Democratic party is doing today. Talking about respecting "minorities" while they crush all opposition under the justification 50%+1.

I understand, but those on the left use some court's interpretation of "the law" in order to overturn or ignore the will of the people.

There are no laws on gay marriage at the federal level. The SCOTUS rulings are based on the "interpretations" of the judges. So, their political bias is the real determining factor, and they are allowed to overrule the will of the people via their interpretations. I think that is wrong.

Agreed

Indeed. Liberals figured out (some time ago) that since the vast majority of Americans want nothing to do with their "agenda" that it was then necessary to circumvent the "will of the people" and do their destruction through the courts.

Washington DC is FILLED with tens of thousands of Lawyers now. As soon as a bill is proposed, they swing into action, figuring out ways to overturn the will of the people - AND - our elected representatives are well aware of this and (knowing full well) that their bills will be overturned, pass them anyway so as to continue the appearance of "working for us".

Gays now feel that they have "the law" on their side, and frankly, that's all they give a hoot about. Screw the will of the American people, they can now flaunt their perverted lifestyle in the faces of America and do it "legally". I see a time, in the not too distant future, where it will be a federal hate crime to refer to a gay as "fag" or "dyke".

Just wait....it's coming.

I understand, but those on the left use some court's interpretation of "the law" in order to overturn or ignore the will of the people.

There are no laws on gay marriage at the federal level. The SCOTUS rulings are based on the "interpretations" of the judges. So, their political bias is the real determining factor, and they are allowed to overrule the will of the people via their interpretations. I think that is wrong.

Agreed

Indeed. Liberals figured out (some time ago) that since the vast majority of Americans want nothing to do with their "agenda" that it was then necessary to circumvent the "will of the people" and do their destruction through the courts.

Washington DC is FILLED with tens of thousands of Lawyers now. As soon as a bill is proposed, they swing into action, figuring out ways to overturn the will of the people - AND - our elected representatives are well aware of this and (knowing full well) that their bills will be overturned, pass them anyway so as to continue the appearance of "working for us".

Gays now feel that they have "the law" on their side, and frankly, that's all they give a hoot about. Screw the will of the American people, they can now flaunt their perverted lifestyle in the faces of America and do it "legally". I see a time, in the not too distant future, where it will be a federal hate crime to refer to a gay as "fag" or "dyke".

So do you beat on women too or just small groups of minorities?

What??? we don't live in a majority rules democracy???? WTF are you talking about?

does the majority elect presidents and congressmen? does the majority decide tax levees and referendums? does the majority decide what is right and what is wrong?

your argument is fatally flawed. you cite the constitution---did a majority not ratify the constitution? can't a majority change it?

the opposite of majority rule is dictatorship----is that what you want?

Actually we live in a republic, not a democracy. The term democracy was not actually even used until the 20th century. That's a good thing, power divided is power checked. That's a good thing, a Democracy leads to mob rule, it is oppression of the majority. Clearly what the Democratic party is doing today. Talking about respecting "minorities" while they crush all opposition under the justification 50%+1.

The will of the people is the last thing a civilized society wants to be ruled by.
We are a nation of LAWS.

So do you beat on women too or just small groups of minorities?

Nice cowboy hat. You wear chaps too?

Agreed

Most of the lawyers on K Street in D.C. are lobbyists for large corporations and other countries.
Would be hard pressed to find a liberal cause in one out of every fifty clients they represent.

Most of the lawyers on K Street in D.C. are lobbyists for large corporations and other countries.
Would be hard pressed to find a liberal cause in one out of every fifty clients they represent.

You're seriously arguing that liberal groups don't lobby congress? :eusa_eh:

Hell, every Congressman and Senator (not to mention OBarry) have a staff of 10-20 lawyers just waiting to pounce. But to liberals, it's just the "rich" guys who know what a "lawyer" is for.....these liberals slay me with their nonsense.

Seven out of the top 20 PACs represent unions. The American Assoc for Justice represents trial lawyers and gives 96% to Dems. So 8 of the top 20 are liberal leaning.

It's actually inevitable. Numbers don't lie. The trend, especially in the youth who will one day be filling all the positions of public service, is overwhelmingly headed in one direction. Buckle up or die first, but it is inevitable.

Statistics lie all the time.

Where did I say that?
Most of the lawyers on K Street are lobbyists that lobby for foreign companies, countries and American companies.
If you do not know that, sorry about that but your lack of knowledge of the facts is not my fault.
Liberal groups probably make 1-5% of groups in lobbying power on The Hill.
Money talks and their bull shit walks.
All I do is post the facts and I never said liberal groups don't lobby Congress.
You pulled that one out of your hat. Liberals have little lobbying power on The Hill.
They do their work with the voters that vote themselves paychecks.

I mean that everyone has a right to be offended.

If they can be offended by Christians, we can be offended by homosexuality, polygamy and incest. It's only fair.

Except "they" aren't offended by Christians. Many of "them" are Christians. "They" are offended by people who use their religion to justify bigotry, but that's all. It's not a blanket condemnation of ALL Christians as you do to ALL gays.

I hate to point out the obvious, but anyone who doesn't follow the teachings of Jesus is not a Christian, even if they believe they are.

Anal or oral sex with anybody, not "gay" sex.

I know what it means. I still insist that it was never illegal to be a homosexual and join the military.

You are wrong. A gay person could get kicked out of the military simply for stating they were gay. They needn't to have had sex at all, just the admission of sexual orientation was enough.

It wasn't the "sex act" that would get you kicked out...obvious by the number of straights who got their knob polished or packed some lady fudge while in uniform.

It was "illegal" to "be" gay, not just have sex with a member of the same sex. You could get kicked out without ever having had sex with a member of the same sex.

Getting discharged from the military is not proof of criminal wrong doing. It was never illegal to be gay and be in the military, you can argue all day long, it will not change that basic truth.

Anal or oral sex with anybody, not "gay" sex.

I know what it means. I still insist that it was never illegal to be a homosexual and join the military.

Has it ever been illegal "to be heterosexual and join the military"?
NO, but the law was as I posted verbatim if one WAS homosexual they COULD NOT JOIN THE ARMED FORCES.
Gave it to you verbatim and you ignore it.
Want me to post it again as it says NOTHING ABOUT SEXUAL BEHAVIOR, just HOMOSEXUAL.

You did not post any suck law because it never existed.

Seven out of the top 20 PACs represent unions. The American Assoc for Justice represents trial lawyers and gives 96% to Dems. So 8 of the top 20 are liberal leaning.

PACS are different than lobbyists on the Hill. They are a separate POLITICAL oriented lobbying entity because they raise money to fund candidates.
I am speaking of lobbyists that lobby on behalf of corporations, foreign companies and other countries.
There are over 10,000 registered lobbyists in DC.
Corporate lobbying has thousands of corporations on The Hill every year with their lobbyists. MOST do their work where they are from and then hire a DC registered lobbyist to do their dirty work.
I just post the facts. I hate all lobbyists, especially union ones but the union lobbyists are under PAC rules which are totally different.

Forum List

Back