Law professor: Slippery slope to legal incest and polygamy

Choice means you have options of the many other types of sexual orientation.
Choice means one day you sat down and contemplated all of your options to choose from.
Choice is weighing each option and your experiences with all of those options before you make your choice.
Now I am sure maybe there are a few folks here that contemplated and experimented with the same sex as they had not made their choice then.
So those of you that are male that chose to be straight here after contemplating all your other choices tell us how long you thought about how good a penis might be before you made your choice to like vaginas.
It may have happened that way with some of you guys here that had to make a choice to decide what your sexual orientation is but not me guys.
I never had to make a choice, not in a million years but we believe you if that is how it happened with you.
But again, how long did you contemplate cock and what was the deciding factor that made you choose to be straight?
Do you imagine that people don't experiment?

And I dont believe for a second you haven't had a dick between your lips.

Not me man, always straight and never experimented.
No one I know states they chose to be straight.
But if it makes you get your rocks off playing your fantasy game of choice go for it.
You are the one claiming it was your choice, not me.
I can tell you are getting a little testy there, huh?
How come you got so nervous over my last post?

You seem to be protesting a little too much. I'm sure your tongue has tasted another man's juice.

You are half right, it doesn't matter if sexual preference is a choice or not.

Funny how you cannot even produce a survey to back up your claim that most scientist believe something that is patently false.

The Real Story on Gay Genes | DiscoverMagazine.com

Could Scientists Have Found A Gay Switch? | Popular Science

Ever major medical and psychological organization states gay is not a choice. They haven't found definitively where it comes from, but you don't choose who you are attracted to, just if you act on those attractions.

The first article pretty much says the opposite of what you state. I didnt bother with the second.

No, it "pretty much" does not.

Could you choose to not just have another guy suck your dick but suck his? (And like it)

If so, have you considered the possibility you are bisexual?

Choice means you have options of the many other types of sexual orientation.
Choice means one day you sat down and contemplated all of your options to choose from.
Choice is weighing each option and your experiences with all of those options before you make your choice.
Now I am sure maybe there are a few folks here that contemplated and experimented with the same sex as they had not made their choice then.
So those of you that are male that chose to be straight here after contemplating all your other choices tell us how long you thought about how good a penis might be before you made your choice to like vaginas.
It may have happened that way with some of you guys here that had to make a choice to decide what your sexual orientation is but not me guys.
I never had to make a choice, not in a million years but we believe you if that is how it happened with you.
But again, how long did you contemplate cock and what was the deciding factor that made you choose to be straight?

Tell you what, prove it. Don't tell me you didn't chose, prove it. It shouldn't be all that hard for a genius like you.

If it is, feel free to prove I didn't choose.

QW, that is not an opinion piece, it is an article on a research project that finds sexuality might very well be genetic, or more precisely the way that the genes are expressed. The fact that you are calling it an opinion piece tends to make me believe that you have not bothered to look into it or even read the article.

These are not opinions, they are actual research findings. I will agree that they are not totally conclusive – that might not be had for many years BUT they certainly do point to the idea that sexuality is NOT a choice. So far, the research shows that your ‘belief’ that it is a choice is incorrect.

Sorry, but every single study that has ever tried to link sexual preference to genetics has always ended up proving that there is no link. There are a lot of newspaper stories written by ignorant hacks that make the claim that some study might end up finding that link, but not one single study has ever found it.

Not one.

So, no, I have more than ‘wild ass guesses from people with an agenda.’

That is exactly what you have. All you have to do to prove me wrong is find one actual scientific paper that links sexual preference to genetics. Not a story about a researcher that might find that link, a paper conclusively linking choice to genes.

Read my cite. The reason that identical twins might not have the same sexuality is that it is not the genes themselves that are the deciders here but rather the expression of those genes. There is an entire field of genetics devoted to that concept. Identical genes are not actually identical.

That isn't genetics, it is junk science on the level of phrenology.

I never said that there is evidence that sexual preference is a choice, what I said is that there is proof that no one is born gay.

Your words:

"if I ignore the scientific evidence that people are not born gay"

Provide your evidence.

Yes, there is evidence that people are not born gay.

https://www.google.com/search?q=twi...rg.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-beta

There is not, however, evidence that sexual orientation is a choice. Unlike some people, I understand the difference between evidence and belief.

Really, not a choice? If you believe that it is, you must believe that you yourself could make that choice. Is that what you're saying? You could choose to, not just have sex with someone of the same sex, but to want to spend your life with them, loving honoring and cherishing them? Is that what you're saying?

I did make that choice, so did you. You also chose to be a Democrat, even if you can't tell me when you made that choice. The mere fact that you don't remember your choices does not prove you didn't make them.

You do not make a choice who you are attracted to.

Prove it.

Racism may be instinctive, or very close to it. They've done experiments with very young babies where they've shown the babies pictures of people who were similar looking to their parents,

and the babies reacted positively. When they showed them pictures of people who looked very different, the babies often cried or reacted negatively.

Bullshit.

Take it up with the researchers.

Why should I, those "studies" have already been debunked by real scientists.

Even Southern Baptists now admit it is not a choice, that it is same sex attraction.
They still state it is a sin to engage in homosexual sex and they can believe what they want to on that but they fully acknowledge it is not a choice.
Such a lame claim. Someone chooses their sexual orientation.
Only a dumbass claims that folks choose to be persecuted.
No shortage of them here.

I don't give a fuck if you point out that the Pope thinks it isn't a choice, all that matters is what the evidence says. Post some type of scientific study that proves that people are "born that way."

Ever major medical and psychological organization states gay is not a choice. They haven't found definitively where it comes from, but you don't choose who you are attracted to, just if you act on those attractions.

The first article pretty much says the opposite of what you state. I didnt bother with the second.

Could you choose to not just have another guy suck your dick but suck his? (And like it)

It actually does, if you read to the end.

It is not clear if Hamer and his team found the locus of the genetic code that causes men to memorize lines from A Star Is Born. Although a follow-up study by the team replicated their findings, a study by George Rice, a neuroscientist at the University of Western Ontario, refuted Hamer’s findings completely. In addition, two other researchers told me they don’t consider Hamer’s study valid. Yet Hamer contends that his results suggest there is a link to Xq28 and that the Rice study was biased because one of the coauthors told Hamer that he didn’t believe a gay gene could exist. Hamer also says that, if read correctly, the two other studies confirm his findings. “They didn’t even look at the entire X chromosome,” says Hamer. “They gave up immediately.” For laymen, science journalists, and researchers alike, the question remains unresolved.

The article is shot through with guesses, suppositions, suggestions--anything but evidence.
Someone could choose whatever floats his boat. That's kind of the point.

The article is shot through with guesses, suppositions, suggestions--anything but evidence.

She claimed that there is a scientific consensus, and that every major science group has said it. Funny how the article doesn't say that.

I thought our species, like most others, are entangled by and large by chemicals such as oxytoxin pheromones, etc.. I suspect the behavior to be some combination of personal experiences, levels of testosterone, and susceptibility to receptors for particular pheromones. Well that and personal preference/choice.

But if it makes you get your rocks off playing your fantasy game of choice go for it.

You seem to be protesting a little too much. I'm sure your tongue has tasted another man's juice.

Only gay guys ever refer to it as man juice. You're outed.

Only gay guys ever refer to it as man juice. You're outed.

So you're not only stupid and can't read, you're a fag too.

You are a very weak man. Baby Huey your nick name as a kid?

She claimed that there is a scientific consensus, and that every major science group has said it. Funny how the article doesn't say that.

Funny that I keep providing evidence that gay isn't a choice and you have yet to provide a fucking thing that backs up your claim that science proves it is.

Sexual orientation conversion therapies assume that homosexual orientation is both pathological and freely chosen. No data demonstrate that reparative or conversion therapies are effective, and in fact they may be harmful.

Official Statement Concerning Homosexuality from the National Association of Social Workers

Despite the general consensus of major medical, health, and mental health professions that both heterosexuality and homosexuality are normal expressions of human sexuality, efforts to change sexual orientation through therapy have been adopted by some political and religious organizations and aggressively promoted to the public. However, such efforts have serious potential to harm young people because they present the view that the sexual orientation of lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth is a mental illness or disorder, and they often frame the inability to change one’s sexual orientation as a personal and moral failure.

American Physiological Association

Now, where is your proof that orientation is chosen.

Another one that provides NOTHING to support their claim that orientation is chosen...not even that he could choose to be sexually and emotionally attracted to someone of the same sex.

I will reiterate. I did not choose to be, from my earliest memories, attracted to members of my same gender. I chose to act upon my natural inclinations, but the attractions were not a choice.

I never said that there is evidence that sexual preference is a choice, what I said is that there is proof that no one is born gay.

Your words:

"if I ignore the scientific evidence that people are not born gay"

Provide your evidence.

Yes, there is evidence that people are not born gay.

https://www.google.com/search?q=twi...rg.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-beta

There is not, however, evidence that sexual orientation is a choice. Unlike some people, I understand the difference between evidence and belief.

Won't commit to any? Uh huh...

Why are some people gay? Most researchers who study sexual orientation think that both genetic and environmental factors play a role, but the relative contributions of each remain unclear. A new study of Swedish twins reinforces earlier findings that environmental influences--including the environment in the womb--may play a greater role than genes.

Scientists studying complex human behaviors often turn to twin studies. Researchers look at both identical and fraternal twins to see how often they share a trait--a parameter called concordance. The greater the concordance among genetically identical twins compared with fraternal twins--who share only half of their genes--the more likely that genetic factors are involved.

Gay Not Only In The Genes

Another one that provides NOTHING to support their claim that orientation is chosen...not even that he could choose to be sexually and emotionally attracted to someone of the same sex.

I will reiterate. I did not choose to be, from my earliest memories, attracted to members of my same gender. I chose to act upon my natural inclinations, but the attractions were not a choice.

You provided links that were supposed to support your contention. They did nothing of the kind. Dont change the subject.
And we dont care about your orientation.

Forum List

Back