Law professor: Slippery slope to legal incest and polygamy

I did not gather that from your posts and as you state later that you would not even vote for it leads me to think that you are in general opposed to the idea.

I would also vote against heterosexual marriage, so what is the difference exactly?

Seawytch once asked me that if we already had gay marriage if I would vote against adding heterosexual marriage, I said in a heartbeat, yes, I would vote against it.

As I said, if you believe government should not be in the marriage business, it's illogical to support more people getting a government marriage.

And as to your points on gay marriage, assuming we have government marriage, if you support:

1) Polygamy

2) Multiple simultaneous 2 person marriages

3) Individuals being married to no one

Then I will at least concede intellectual integrity in your argument. If you don't, then on this one you're no more logical then the man/woman crowd, you just have a different standard.

You're confusing your lesbians. I never asked that question.

I was thinking it was actually too good a question for you to have asked, thanks for the clarification, I'm sure you're right.

Ninety pages of this shit ending with Seabytch's life story of her perverse attractions to tuna is too much.

Gosh, slipping a bitch in there is so original. Nobody ever thought of doing that before.

When did you choose which gender you are attracted to? Did you flip a coin?

being born gay is like being born with 9 fingers. Its an aberation of the human condition. I am sorry for you and those like you, because most of you probably did not choose your orientation.

But, 9 fingers is not normal and neither is homosexuality. Acceptance and equality are what everyone is entitled to. Nothing more.

Actually, you don't have to accept anything, you simply have to tolerate. The equality is all we're demanding.

Edit/Note: it is worth mentioning that under YOUR definition they ARE equal under the law but under mine they are not :eusa_angel:

Which does make it ironic that at some point you accused me of just not wanting "gay" marriage. That you even admit that singles are not receiving equal protection, but you're OK with that shows the reverse is true, you want gay marriage. And that you're not consistent in arguing equal protection shows that really wasn't your issue. Which means, what I said in the first place is right, you're after "fair" not equal. Which goes back to my argument, this belongs in the legislature, not the courts. "Fair" is not a power of the Constitution for the judicial system.

Last edited:
I would also vote against heterosexual marriage, so what is the difference exactly?

Seawytch once asked me that if we already had gay marriage if I would vote against adding heterosexual marriage, I said in a heartbeat, yes, I would vote against it.

As I said, if you believe government should not be in the marriage business, it's illogical to support more people getting a government marriage.

And as to your points on gay marriage, assuming we have government marriage, if you support:

1) Polygamy

2) Multiple simultaneous 2 person marriages

3) Individuals being married to no one

Then I will at least concede intellectual integrity in your argument. If you don't, then on this one you're no more logical then the man/woman crowd, you just have a different standard.

You're confusing your lesbians. I never asked that question.

I was thinking it was actually too good a question for you to have asked, thanks for the clarification, I'm sure you're right.

Ooh, snap. Nice way to turn around your befuddledness. Bravo!!

Gosh, slipping a bitch in there is so original. Nobody ever thought of doing that before.

being born gay is like being born with 9 fingers. Its an aberation of the human condition. I am sorry for you and those like you, because most of you probably did not choose your orientation.

But, 9 fingers is not normal and neither is homosexuality. Acceptance and equality are what everyone is entitled to. Nothing more.

Actually, you don't have to accept anything, you simply have to tolerate. The equality is all we're demanding.

You're after what all liberals are after. The validation of the collective and free stuff.

Edit/Note: it is worth mentioning that under YOUR definition they ARE equal under the law but under mine they are not :eusa_angel:

Which does make it ironic that at some point you accused me of just not wanting "gay" marriage. That you even admit that singles are not receiving equal protection, but you're OK with that shows the reverse is true, you want gay marriage. And that you're not consistent in arguing equal protection shows that really wasn't your issue. Which means, what I said in the first place is right, you're after "fair" not equal.

Marriage comes with it certain tax credits. Those credits were denied married gays, but not married heterosexuals. That's unequal. Now it's fixed. Go ahead, try to get the tax breaks taken away from everyone, but don't deny them to a group of married people while they exist. Why? Because its unequal, not unfair.

Which does make it ironic that at some point you accused me of just not wanting "gay" marriage. That you even admit that singles are not receiving equal protection, but you're OK with that shows the reverse is true, you want gay marriage. And that you're not consistent in arguing equal protection shows that really wasn't your issue. Which means, what I said in the first place is right, you're after "fair" not equal.

Marriage comes with it certain tax credits. Those credits were denied married gays, but not married heterosexuals. That's unequal. Now it's fixed. Go ahead, try to get the tax breaks taken away from everyone, but don't deny them to a group of married people while they exist. Why? Because its unequal, not unfair.

Agreed on one part.

kaz said:
You're after what all liberals are after. The validation of the collective and free stuff

You're after what all liberals are after. The validation of the collective and free stuff.

No, I am demanding equal access to civil marriage laws. If you got married for validation and free stuff, I'm sorry for you. Take away the free stuff, go ahead (and good luck) but we will still want equal access to civil marriage laws.

I tolerate and accept all kinds of human conditions. I have said many times that you and your partner should have equal rights with opposite sex couples. But, what you have is NOT A MARRIAGE. Thats the central issue. you want the government to force the rest of us to call your same sex coupling a marriage. You aren't about equality, thats not your issue. You want coerced sanctioning that your coupling is as normal as an opposite sex marriage----BUT ITS NOT.

No, I am demanding equal access to civil marriage laws. If you got married for validation and free stuff, I'm sorry for you. Take away the free stuff, go ahead (and good luck) but we will still want equal access to civil marriage laws.

a civil union does that--------admit it, equality is not your goal.

I tolerate and accept all kinds of human conditions. I have said many times that you and your partner should have equal rights with opposite sex couples. But, what you have is NOT A MARRIAGE. Thats the central issue. you want the government to force the rest of us to call your same sex coupling a marriage. You aren't about equality, thats not your issue. You want coerced sanctioning that your coupling is as normal as an opposite sex marriage----BUT ITS NOT.

So get all legal marriages changed to civil unions. Go ahead. Doesn't bother me in the least. I'll sit here with my legal marriage license until you do. :lol:

So get all legal marriages changed to civil unions. Go ahead. Doesn't bother me in the least. I'll sit here with my legal marriage license until you do. :lol:

as long as you stay in caliprunia where the court overturned the will of the people, fine, I could not care less. Your state is broke and moving toward becoming the state of Detroit---enjoy.

No, I am demanding equal access to civil marriage laws. If you got married for validation and free stuff, I'm sorry for you. Take away the free stuoff, go ahead (and good luck) but we will still want equal access to civil marriage laws.

Civil Unions Not Equal Under Federal Law

No, I am demanding equal access to civil marriage laws. If you got married for validation and free stuff, I'm sorry for you. Take away the free stuoff, go ahead (and good luck) but we will still want equal access to civil marriage laws.

Civil Unions Not Equal Under Federal Law

I question the validity of that cite, but if correct, that should be changed.

The way laws are written right now...no it doesn't. But if you want to actively work to make civil unions completely equal marriage, that would be fine.....including changing all the terminology in laws and statutes thru-out the country.

as long as you stay in caliprunia where the court overturned the will of the people, fine, I could not care less. Your state is broke and moving toward becoming the state of Detroit---enjoy.

How do you feel about the court overturning the will of the people in Washington D.C. where they struck down the very strict gun control laws?

The way laws are written right now...no it doesn't. But if you want to actively work to make civil unions completely equal marriage, that would be fine.....including changing all the terminology in laws and statutes thru-out the country.

thats your job, not mine. I am happy with the laws as they are.

But I am sure that Mohammed and his wives sabha, matilda, maria, kenisha, louise, lupe, zelda and their 22 children will help you with that cause.

so will tom, jim, jane, and susan with their 4 way marriage.

How do you feel about the court overturning the will of the people in Washington D.C. where they struck down the very strict gun control laws?

Not a valid analogy, tell me again which constitutional amendment addresses gay marriage.

thats your job, not mine. I am happy with the laws as they are.

But I am sure that Mohammed and his wives sabha, matilda, maria, kenisha, louise, lupe, zelda and their 22 children will help you with that cause.

so will tom, jim, jane, and susan with their 4 way marriage.

But you yourself said you think that civil unions should be equal....but I guess you really don't think that way. Ok.......not that I'm surprised by that.

Forum List

Back