Law professor: Slippery slope to legal incest and polygamy

Bullshit.

Take it up with the researchers.

Why should I, those "studies" have already been debunked by real scientists.

Scientists at NARTH are not supported by any respected medical or psychological organization on the planet.

Why don't you believe eye witness accounts? I did not choose my orientation anymore than a heterosexual does. The only choice is in acting upon your inclinations. Why shouldn't I?

The article is shot through with guesses, suppositions, suggestions--anything but evidence.
Someone could choose whatever floats his boat. That's kind of the point.

Another one that provides NOTHING to support their claim that orientation is chosen...not even that he could choose to be sexually and emotionally attracted to someone of the same sex.

I will reiterate. I did not choose to be, from my earliest memories, attracted to members of my same gender. I chose to act upon my natural inclinations, but the attractions were not a choice.

You provided links that were supposed to support your contention. They did nothing of the kind. Dont change the subject.
And we dont care about your orientation.

You are claiming I chose my orientation. I did not. I choose to act on it. Why does or matter? We are both consenting adults.

I thought our species, like most others, are entangled by and large by chemicals such as oxytoxin pheromones, etc.. I suspect the behavior to be some combination of personal experiences, levels of testosterone, and susceptibility to receptors for particular pheromones. Well that and personal preference/choice.

I thought our species could make choices and think.

Funny that I keep providing evidence that gay isn't a choice and you have yet to provide a fucking thing that backs up your claim that science proves it is.

You have provided absolutely no evidence that sexual preference is not a choice because there isn't any in existence, all you can come up with is people expressing their opinions and their inability to remember making choices they made.

Sexual orientation conversion therapies assume that homosexual orientation is both pathological and freely chosen. No data demonstrate that reparative or conversion therapies are effective, and in fact they may be harmful.

Official Statement Concerning Homosexuality from the National Association of Social Workers

That doesn't say anything about it not being a choice, all it says is that they don't think therapy works. I actually agree with them, therapy doesn't work. Psychiatry is not a science, and produces no better results than having a person stand in an empty room and talk. The entire field is is fraudulent and gets the exact same level of respect from me that I give to professional astrologers.

Despite the general consensus of major medical, health, and mental health professions that both heterosexuality and homosexuality are normal expressions of human sexuality, efforts to change sexual orientation through therapy have been adopted by some political and religious organizations and aggressively promoted to the public. However, such efforts have serious potential to harm young people because they present the view that the sexual orientation of lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth is a mental illness or disorder, and they often frame the inability to change one’s sexual orientation as a personal and moral failure.

American Physiological Association

Again, this is not talking about sexual orientation not being a choice, it is talking about therapy not working.

Now, where is your proof that orientation is chosen.

Once again, I never said there is proof I am right. I believe that sexual preference is a choice, I can't prove it. The thing you have a problem comprehending is that you cannot prove it isn't.

Your words:

"if I ignore the scientific evidence that people are not born gay"

Provide your evidence.

Yes, there is evidence that people are not born gay.

https://www.google.com/search?q=twi...rg.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-beta

There is not, however, evidence that sexual orientation is a choice. Unlike some people, I understand the difference between evidence and belief.

Won't commit to any? Uh huh...

Why are some people gay? Most researchers who study sexual orientation think that both genetic and environmental factors play a role, but the relative contributions of each remain unclear. A new study of Swedish twins reinforces earlier findings that environmental influences--including the environment in the womb--may play a greater role than genes.

Scientists studying complex human behaviors often turn to twin studies. Researchers look at both identical and fraternal twins to see how often they share a trait--a parameter called concordance. The greater the concordance among genetically identical twins compared with fraternal twins--who share only half of their genes--the more likely that genetic factors are involved.

Gay Not Only In The Genes

How about that, you took the time to dig up a link that proves me right, and even emphasized the one part that drives it home.Let me quote it here and point out to you cannot read.

Most researchers who study sexual orientation think that both genetic and environmental factors play a role,

They don't know, which is what I said. There is no evidence to support their opinion that it is genetic, but they like to believe it because it is hard for them to tell people that insist that they were born gay that they weren't.

I don't have that problem.

Take it up with the researchers.

Why should I, those "studies" have already been debunked by real scientists.

Scientists at NARTH are not supported by any respected medical or psychological organization on the planet.

Why don't you believe eye witness accounts? I did not choose my orientation anymore than a heterosexual does. The only choice is in acting upon your inclinations. Why shouldn't I?

What the fuck is NARTH?

Unless you are going to argue that people are born racist, and that they totally debunked studies that used babies too young to understand that a person hiding behind their hands didn't go away judge people by their looks proved that we are you shouldn't even be arguing with me about this.

Then again, you probably just want to argue with me because your personal bigotry makes you think I need to be slapped, even when you know I am right.

Another one that provides NOTHING to support their claim that orientation is chosen...not even that he could choose to be sexually and emotionally attracted to someone of the same sex.

I will reiterate. I did not choose to be, from my earliest memories, attracted to members of my same gender. I chose to act upon my natural inclinations, but the attractions were not a choice.

You provided links that were supposed to support your contention. They did nothing of the kind. Dont change the subject.
And we dont care about your orientation.

You are claiming I chose my orientation. I did not. I choose to act on it. Why does or matter? We are both consenting adults.

If you didn't choose your orientation you should be able to prove it.

You can't.

Even Southern Baptists now admit it is not a choice, that it is same sex attraction.
They still state it is a sin to engage in homosexual sex and they can believe what they want to on that but they fully acknowledge it is not a choice.
Such a lame claim. Someone chooses their sexual orientation.
Only a dumbass claims that folks choose to be persecuted.
No shortage of them here.

I don't give a fuck if you point out that the Pope thinks it isn't a choice, all that matters is what the evidence says. Post some type of scientific study that proves that people are "born that way."
Done.
JSTOR: The Quarterly Review of Biology
I already did this by the way but you seem determined to actually ignore real scientific papers in preference to demanding that you are right.

Try again. Here is a full scientific paper on how epi-marks are the most likely cause of homosexuality and how they cause this (as well as a few concrete and testable predictions made by the model that would disprove the theory should the predictions be incorrect).

Now, I have presented scientific data backing my ideas up on this subject. I have done so a few times. It is YOUR turn now to address that data.

I never said that there is evidence that sexual preference is a choice, what I said is that there is proof that no one is born gay.

Your words:

"if I ignore the scientific evidence that people are not born gay"

Provide your evidence.

Yes, there is evidence that people are not born gay.

https://www.google.com/search?q=twi...rg.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-beta

There is not, however, evidence that sexual orientation is a choice. Unlike some people, I understand the difference between evidence and belief.

But you don’t seem to understand what that evidence shows. It does NOT show that you are not born gay – it only shows that gay is not solely based on genetics. There is a rather massive difference.

Choice means you have options of the many other types of sexual orientation.
Choice means one day you sat down and contemplated all of your options to choose from.
Choice is weighing each option and your experiences with all of those options before you make your choice.
Now I am sure maybe there are a few folks here that contemplated and experimented with the same sex as they had not made their choice then.
So those of you that are male that chose to be straight here after contemplating all your other choices tell us how long you thought about how good a penis might be before you made your choice to like vaginas.
It may have happened that way with some of you guys here that had to make a choice to decide what your sexual orientation is but not me guys.
I never had to make a choice, not in a million years but we believe you if that is how it happened with you.
But again, how long did you contemplate cock and what was the deciding factor that made you choose to be straight?

Tell you what, prove it. Don't tell me you didn't chose, prove it. It shouldn't be all that hard for a genius like you.

If it is, feel free to prove I didn't choose.

Tell us how you chose your sexual orientation.
I have been attracted to women and followed that attraction every second of my life.
Now tell us how you chose your sexual orientation and how you weighed in the pros and cons of all your choices before you made your choice.
You claim YOU choose and that EVERYONE chooses so YOU have to prove your claims.
I never chose. YOU did.

Gay folk are attracted to the same sex and other folks just can not stand that and have to claim, no, that can not be, they chose to be attracted to the same sex.
Only a complete dumbass believes that.
They did not choose but gay folks did.
Laughable and absurd and they know it is false yet that is all they are left with.
Ignorance.

Used to be the myth was that gay men turned out gay because of a weak father and dominant mother.
Pretty much shoots away that with a friend of mine former All American college football player, played 4 years in the pros and he has a gay son.
And the massive number of men in this country and growing that had NO father in the house.
I assume now we will hear that homosexuality is "spreading" because of that.

Funny that I keep providing evidence that gay isn't a choice and you have yet to provide a fucking thing that backs up your claim that science proves it is.

You have provided absolutely no evidence that sexual preference is not a choice because there isn't any in existence, all you can come up with is people expressing their opinions and their inability to remember making choices they made.

Sexual orientation conversion therapies assume that homosexual orientation is both pathological and freely chosen. No data demonstrate that reparative or conversion therapies are effective, and in fact they may be harmful.

Official Statement Concerning Homosexuality from the National Association of Social Workers

That doesn't say anything about it not being a choice, all it says is that they don't think therapy works. I actually agree with them, therapy doesn't work. Psychiatry is not a science, and produces no better results than having a person stand in an empty room and talk. The entire field is is fraudulent and gets the exact same level of respect from me that I give to professional astrologers.

Despite the general consensus of major medical, health, and mental health professions that both heterosexuality and homosexuality are normal expressions of human sexuality, efforts to change sexual orientation through therapy have been adopted by some political and religious organizations and aggressively promoted to the public. However, such efforts have serious potential to harm young people because they present the view that the sexual orientation of lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth is a mental illness or disorder, and they often frame the inability to change one’s sexual orientation as a personal and moral failure.

Again, this is not talking about sexual orientation not being a choice, it is talking about therapy not working.

Once again, I never said there is proof I am right. I believe that sexual preference is a choice, I can't prove it. The thing you have a problem comprehending is that you cannot prove it isn't.

You made the following statement:

if I ignore the scientific evidence that people are not born gay

Which is you indicating that there is scientific evidence that people are not born gay. So provide it already and stop dancing.

The therapy doesn't work because people don't choose their orientation.

Answer the question. Could you choose to WANT to suck a guys cock and like it while you are doing it?

Used to be the myth was that gay men turned out gay because of a weak father and dominant mother.
Pretty much shoots away that with a friend of mine former All American college football player, played 4 years in the pros and he has a gay son.
And the massive number of men in this country and growing that had NO father in the house.
I assume now we will hear that homosexuality is "spreading" because of that.

They're all bullshit. I've been asked "were you abused" or "did you have a bad experience with a man". Oh please, if that's all it took, there'd be a hell of a lot more lesbians.

I was attracted to women from my earliest memories of attraction. My crushes were on other girls and women, not on men. It was not a choice I made. I did not wake up on the eve of my adolescence and say "gee, I think I'll decide my sexual orientation today...hmm, which shall it be?"

Those that insist sexual orientation is a choice are saying that they themselves could choose to be sexually and emotionally attracted to members of the same sex.

I've always said that sexuality is a lot more fluid than our Puritanical roots allow it to be, but if they all claim they could choose? Well, it's more fluid than even I thought.

Ninety pages of this shit ending with Seabytch's life story of her perverse attractions to tuna is too much.

Ninety pages of this shit ending with Seabytch's life story of her perverse attractions to tuna is too much.

Gosh, slipping a bitch in there is so original. Nobody ever thought of doing that before.

When did you choose which gender you are attracted to? Did you flip a coin?

Gosh, slipping a bitch in there is so original. Nobody ever thought of doing that before.

When did you choose which gender you are attracted to? Did you flip a coin?

being born gay is like being born with 9 fingers. Its an aberation of the human condition. I am sorry for you and those like you, because most of you probably did not choose your orientation.

But, 9 fingers is not normal and neither is homosexuality. Acceptance and equality are what everyone is entitled to. Nothing more.

Forum List

Back