Lawmakers DESTROY thousands of low education jobs for the poor

Stop paying people slave wages and this wouldn't be a problem...not like Wal Mart is hurting for money that they can't pay their employees a livable wage. My wife worked at 2 and it sucked.

So the state should decide what a livable wage is? Is that your contention here?

You don't like the wages Wal Mart pays?....
Don't work there...

It doesn't get any simpler then that.
go ahead and apply for a job some where else and demand $50.00 per hr.

Wal Mart destroys small businesses.
Like hell they do.

They do. They drive them out of business. Shit made in China brought here and sold cheap as hell small businesses can't keep up.
Total bullshit.

I heard that garbage in the late '80s when Wally World was contemplating building a store in Steamboat Springs...All the know-nothing naysayers were saying that it would be the doom of Lincoln Avenue, the main commercial drag....Well, it wasn't.

Time for the economic ignoramuses and outright haters to shut their bullshitting yappers.

Good for Wal Mart. It's time for someone to start causing liberals to experience the consequences of their idiocy.

Consequences? Idiocy??

Walmart: Externalizing Costs to US Taxpayers

Report: Wal-Mart's low pay drives employees onto public benefits

Wal-Mart wages are so low they force many of its employees onto the public doles, creating a drag on taxpayers and the economy, according to a new report from the staff of Congressional Democrats.

The report analyzes data from Wisconsin’s Medicaid program, estimating that a single 300-person, Wal-Mart Supercenter store in that state likely costs taxpayers at least $904,542 per year and could cost up to $1,744,590 per year, or roughly $5,815 per employee.

You right wing turds are not free marketeers. You are FEE marketeers. Crony capitalist IDIOTS.

Like hell they do.

They do. They drive them out of business. Shit made in China brought here and sold cheap as hell small businesses can't keep up.
Total bullshit.

I heard that garbage in the late '80s when Wally World was contemplating building a store in Steamboat Springs...All the know-nothing naysayers were saying that it would be the doom of Lincoln Avenue, the main commercial drag....Well, it wasn't.

Time for the economic ignoramuses and outright haters to shut their bullshitting yappers.

I have seen it time and again..its happening right here in my town I live in...several places are going or have gone out of business since the super wal mart was built.

Walmart may cancel three planned D.C. stores over livable wage act | WJLA.com

Untold jobs are being lost because of stupid liberal policies like these. Wonder why jobs are so slow to return? Wonder no more, an example is right here staring you in the face.

So what's better, a few hundred a month in welfare or a thousand+ in EARNED wages with the potential for growth?

It's been estimated that a Walmart store creates about 115 jobs while the independent stores it replaces required about 169 jobs. Fuck Walmart.

Yeah! Fuck those jobs and the people who need them in DC!

Oh, and your estimation stinks like you just pulled it out of your ass.

man oh man, singling out a certain chain of stores...?this has the Union and Democrats hands all over it..

remember the baker, Hostess? drove them out of business

progressives-Commies really stand for REGRESSIVE

now more people get to go on the TAXPAYER DOLE thanks to these politicians

Total bullshit.

I have seen it time and again..its happening right here in my town I live in...several places are going or have gone out of business since the super wal mart was built.

SO WHAT?
They wouldn't be there if the people didn't want them there...You idiots would rather the poor pay higher prices to satisfy your grudge against Wallmart...Well NOW THEY GET TOO...happy?

Last edited:
When a government targets a specific entity for punitive measures, I believe that is called a bill of attainder.

Someone please explain to me why Walmart is not allowed to pay the minimum wage which was established by the government.

The government has said no worker can be paid less than a certain amount, unless the employer is Walmart, in which case they must be paid even more.

Someone PLEASE explain how this is right or legal.

Like hell they do.

Total bullshit.

You forgot to add "...because I said so"

DC GOVT: If you are an employer, you must pay your workers at least $8.25/hour.

WALMART: Okay. We will pay our workers at least $8.25/hour.

DC GOVT: Hold on. You must pay your workers at least $12.50/hour.

WALMART: But you said minimum wage is $8.25!

DC GOVT: Not for you. People can't live on $8.25 if that money comes from Walmart.

:confused::confused::confused:

Total bullshit.

I don't doubt that some businesses won't survive the opening of a larger, more efficient store. Hardware and certain other types of stores are likely vulnerable.

How many were employed before the 'giant' came in? How many after? What was the income before? Sales taxes collected? After?

50 years ago most suburbs didn't have a 'super'market, they had butchers and grocers. Today butchers and bakeries are rare and expensive. Some folks still choose them, others not. It's all up to the marketplace.

I think Walmart should have a nationwide sale to sell off the stock the had planned for their DC stores.

They can call it the FU-DC sale - From Undeserving DC.

Stickers can be made up to put on the merchandise.

FU-DC

I would proudly display the merchandise I bought.

Untold jobs are being lost because of stupid liberal policies like these. Wonder why jobs are so slow to return? Wonder no more, an example is right here staring you in the face.

So what's better, a few hundred a month in welfare or a thousand+ in EARNED wages with the potential for growth?

It's been estimated that a Walmart store creates about 115 jobs while the independent stores it replaces required about 169 jobs. Fuck Walmart.

I read a lot and I saw that statistic not too long ago. If I thought it would impact your opinion, I'd take the time look for it again but your mind is obviously made up.

The district and its citizens will survive, I suspect , sans WALMARTS.

DC is one of the most expensive place in the USA to live, so a $25,000 per year full time income seems like a pretty modest income expectation.

At that rate s full time workers would not have to go on WELFARE to be able to work at WALMART

Who cares?

Honest to God, what's the point?

Know who gets fucked here? dimocraps.

Know who gets butchered in Chicago every weekend? dimocraps.

Know who has to live in the filth and crime of Dee-Troit where there is NO ambulance service, no Police that will even bother to show up, potholes with streets around them, fat politicians getting even fatter, no jobs, off-the-scale crime, a literacy rate worse than any third world Country, unwed mothers at a 90% + rate, etc ad nauseam?

dimocraps.

Let them live like the pigs and low-life scum they are. They deserve it.

And one more thing -- They ain't never gonna change. No matter what, no matter what kind of shithole they live in where the live cockroaches are eating the dead cockroaches, toilets don't work, garbage just lays in the kitchen for weeks at a time, burnt up sofas in the yard, old cars leaking all over the backyard, children can go days without having their diaper changed, diseases, drunkenness, drug abuse, mental disorders, preggo at 13, illiterate, etc, etc,

They ain't never gonna learn. In fact, I swear to God -- I think they like living that way.

Let them live like that. dimocrap politicans couldn't care less. As long as they keep getting elected and re-elected... (which is what this is all about)

Ain't nothing ever gonna change.

Remember that Asian Lady who started getting their Schools to actually educate kids?

They got rid of her. They WANT to be stupid, dirty and illiterate.

Let 'em

Forum List

Back