Zone1 Lawsuit alleges Harvard gives preferential treatment to legacy admissions, who are ‘overwhelmingly’ White

Ironically, SCOTUS is a fine example of Affirmative Action. You have three minorities and four women who were only selected because of their race or Gender.

Particularly Barrett and Thomas, who had very thin Judicial resumes before they were selected.
What you say is true.

The most obvious beneficiary of AA on the SCOTUS is Jackson. She was so unimpressive that she couldn’t even define a woman!

But then again, Biden warned us that whites and men would not be considered for the role.
I disagree with Biden on that. I voted for Biden because of other concerns, and I intend to vote for him in 2024. If I only voted for candidates with whom I agree on everything I would never vote. Republican politicians only care about rich people. Anything else they talk about is campaign rhetoric.

Whites are going to be a minority in 10-15 years. You talk about a natural state and your commentary shows that you lack education. The natural state is that those who oppress, become the oppressed. That's what's going to happen. That is the natural state.
Blacks will never be a majority in this country. Not even with black immigration. You are now 12% of the population and sliding.

Blacks will never be a majority in this country. Not even with black immigration. You are now 12% of the population and sliding.
If we stopped supporting illegitimate children with welfare checks the percentage of Negroes in the U.S. population would decline rapidly in a few generations.

Test scores, and previous academic performance.
A member of my Sunday foursome is a junior at a top ranked public hs in Ma...

I asked how she did on her SATs...she wasn't happy...I suggested that prep could boost her scores by 20% or more...she told me many schools make them optional now...

High School grades, though better predictors, aren't objective - except in quantitative disciplines.

Every Ivy school could fill its classes exclusively with Valedictorians, or top 1% SATs, but they CHOOSE not to make those exclusive admissions criteria.

And you racist libs are determined to change that in order for equity’s sake. Take the smartest, highest-achieving minority and punish them.

Again, how are they being punished? Boo-hoo, I didn't get into the Ivy League.

17.9 Million Americans are in college.

Of those, only 22,000 are enrolled at Harvard.

So we are only talking about 0.1% of students.

Hey, I didn't get into Annapolis because I had an overbite that resulted in a speech impediment. Seriously. I didn't let it ruin my life. (I did take speech therapy to get rid of the speech impediment, though.)

East Asians are doing well because of high IQ averages and low rates of crime and illegitimacy.

They are doing well because they were already affluent enough to make it here, and find someone willing to sponsor them.

They are doing well because they were already affluent enough to make it here, and find someone willing to sponsor them.
I have lived with poor Vietnamese war refugees who came here with virtually nothing. They were good people. I would often get off work at 10:00 pm and walk three miles to get home through what was becoming "Little Saigon." I was safe.

Even Jesse Jackson knows he would not be safe doing that in a black neighborhood.

jesse-jackson-625630.jpg

Orientals have low crime rates in their countries. Negroes have high crime rates everywhere they live.

Of course they do.
When I applied, the only "elite" schools that I know of that did so were Bowdoin, and possibly Middlebury.

SATs saved many a ne'er do well's ass back in the day....which is why Scrub and Grifty paid people so much to take them in their place....and why I'm glad I took Latin, and read about 300 pages of fiction per week beyond that which I was required to.

The most influential people in my childhood were serious readers with extensive vocabularies, who spoke several other languages.

Imagine the environmental advantage I had over any inner city, or country kid...

And yet the most selective colleges and universities make them optional.
This is because they want to admit Negroes who be every objective, measurable criterion are less intelligent than the whites and Orientals they admit.

This in turn is the reason it is necessary for the Supreme Court to rule against affirmative action in hiring decisions. Few bosses want to be pressured to hire blacks who are less qualified than the whites and Orientals they have access to.

When I applied, the only "elite" schools that I know of that did so were Bowdoin, and possibly Middlebury.

SATs saved many a ne'er do well's ass back in the day....which is why Scrub and Grifty paid people so much to take them in their place....and why I'm glad I took Latin, and read about 300 pages of fiction per week beyond that which I was required to.

The most influential people in my childhood were serious readers with extensive vocabularies, who spoke several other languages.

Imagine the environmental advantage I had over any inner city, or country kid...
Elite schools almost always means Ivy League.

This is because they want to admit Negroes who be every objective, measurable criterion are less intelligent than the whites and Orientals they admit.

This in turn is the reason it is necessary for the Supreme Court to rule against affirmative action in hiring decisions. Few bosses want to be pressured to hire blacks who are less qualified than the whites and Orientals they have access to.
No...it is in part because "standardized test" scores have little predictive value.

Forum List

Back