🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lawyers for Nick Sandmann File 250 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Washington Post

Here's the thing, Evelyn Wood.

In order to establish 'libel" you need evidence of somebody making assertions they know are not true. For instance the way you just did above:

"Phillips is a well known bum, a man who pretends to be a combat veteran and all around shady character."
In this lawsuit however there is no such evidence of the WaPo (or anyone else) making ass-sertions about Smirk-Boi. The articles say there's video, and quotes several witnesses' comments. **ALL** of that is true. A clusterfuck of vague mythologies whined out by blogs and radio talking heads DOES NOT make some other entity "responsible" for it. Because it CAN'T.

Which means, that you're closer to "libel" here than the WaPo was.
We do not listen to your excuses anymore. Unfortunatly to many others do. To watch someone go into CNN or MSNBC and do major damage or a McVeigh result would bring laughter throughout the land. They have gotten people hurt and killed. There is no sympathy for them.

More than anything else I believe the judicial community will be anxious to see some modern rulings that will focus the now archaic Libel laws into the new age media complex. They are fifty years behind and need to be updated. By focusing on Sandmann's Smirk and also inferring that they knew for sure that the high school kids were the instigators

There's your problem right there. A newspaper cannot "infer". The READER infers. That's not the paper's doing -- that's YOUR responsibility.
The paper implied, moron. You knew what he meant, but you harp on a minor technical gaff because you know WAPO is going to get whacked big time.

I know no such thing, because I know how the legal system works and what 'evidence' is.

You obviously don't know jack shit about how the legal system works.

Perhaps the poster in his ignorance meant "implied" but that's irrelevant. Journalism doesn't "imply" either. It simply reports what happened. And that's what every citation of the WaPo's articles does.

2z8romg.jpg

You just utterly destroyed your credibility.

LITERALLY every one. "Video going viral". "Witness A said this". "Witness B said that". The fact that some butthurt blogparrot chose to plug in meanings of his own choosing is HIS problem, not the newspaper's. No newspaper can be responsible for the irresponsibility of a reader.

Except where the lawsuit says WAPO said this and WAPO said that. Then it's not an accurate quote and we have to refer to the article, which no one has access to.

Who do you think you're fooling?

That's why, a FULL FUCKING MONTH AGO, I put out the challenge for anyone to show anywhere ANYONE published libel. And to date I've still got Zero.

You did that only because you know no one on the right would pay for WAPO's shit so they don't have access to the evidence.

More than anything else I believe the judicial community will be anxious to see some modern rulings that will focus the now archaic Libel laws into the new age media complex. They are fifty years behind and need to be updated. By focusing on Sandmann's Smirk and also inferring that they knew for sure that the high school kids were the instigators

There's your problem right there. A newspaper cannot "infer". The READER infers. That's not the paper's doing -- that's YOUR responsibility.

Bwahahaha.....that's your legal opinion? Well then kindly explain all of the big ticket libel awards over the years based on the printed word dude.

JO

The fact that Sandmann is a minor child and not a public figure at all, is going to hurt the Washington Post in front of 12 angry men. And when the jury hear about Bezos' dick pics on his phone, he will get no sympathy from 12 Southern men.

LOL….someone has a vivid imagination.

If I was Sandmann's lawyer, I'd enter Bezos' dick pics into evidence. Sandmann is basically on trial for his life, I think any judge is going to have to give a minor child some flexibility.

If I was advising hat boy, I’d point out that the money you may gain will never repair your reputation as a spoiled little ass hat.

Bwahahaha.....that's your legal opinion? Well then kindly explain all of the big ticket libel awards over the years based on the printed word dude.

JO

The fact that Sandmann is a minor child and not a public figure at all, is going to hurt the Washington Post in front of 12 angry men. And when the jury hear about Bezos' dick pics on his phone, he will get no sympathy from 12 Southern men.

Nah...he's spot on. WAPO is not alone in their abuse of the SULLIVAN versus NY TIMES ruling....it has become a hiding place for vile defamation proceedings in the past fifty years. There is an awareness of this in the Judicial community and THAT alone is something that WAPO should be afraid of. To be fair to WAPO they should stand alone in this spotlight....but then again they were unlucky enough to stumble into the gaze of the nation's most capable libel outfit. I suspect that Lin Wood went for this one because he knows that somewhere in the background Jeff Bezo's pockets are available.

JO

Bezos text messages to his mistress/lover will not be part of these proceedings.

JO

If I was Sandmann's lawyer, I'd enter Bezos' dick pics into evidence. Sandmann is basically on trial for his life, I think any judge is going to have to give a minor child some flexibility.

If I was advising hat boy, I’d point out that the money you may gain will never repair your reputation as a spoiled little ass hat.
More defamation. Just hope small fry like you never come into Lin Woods gun sights, but he has talked about suing hundreds of people over this.

JO

Nah...he's spot on. WAPO is not alone in their abuse of the SULLIVAN versus NY TIMES ruling....it has become a hiding place for vile defamation proceedings in the past fifty years. There is an awareness of this in the Judicial community and THAT alone is something that WAPO should be afraid of. To be fair to WAPO they should stand alone in this spotlight....but then again they were unlucky enough to stumble into the gaze of the nation's most capable libel outfit. I suspect that Lin Wood went for this one because he knows that somewhere in the background Jeff Bezo's pockets are available.

JO

Bezos text messages to his mistress/lover will not be part of these proceedings.
His pocketbook will though.

JO

JO

That is why they will settle out of court, The main stream media fucked up on the whole story… That is why they are called fake news

JO

More defamation. Just hope small fry like you never come into Lin Woods gun sights, but he has talked about suing hundreds of people over this.

Very astutely Wood has grabbed onto the growing sentiment that the Libel Laws are being destroyed by the New Age Media....this is going to be a very boisterous ride for both sides. He is correct however in that something needs to be done to address the huge potential for the destruction of individuals and even commercial concerns via the massive and unprecedented reach of the new electronic media Medusa. In a short period of time there will be no language barriers, no cultural barriers and certainly no geographic barriers to the approach of the world's very first totally Global news agency that will dominate the hand held screens of everyone on earth. We are talking about AMAZON times one hundred here!.....it's coming and it is both wonderful and frighting at the same time. Now is the time to get a handle on it....if that's even possible.

JO

JO

Nah...he's spot on. WAPO is not alone in their abuse of the SULLIVAN versus NY TIMES ruling....it has become a hiding place for vile defamation proceedings in the past fifty years. There is an awareness of this in the Judicial community and THAT alone is something that WAPO should be afraid of. To be fair to WAPO they should stand alone in this spotlight....but then again they were unlucky enough to stumble into the gaze of the nation's most capable libel outfit. I suspect that Lin Wood went for this one because he knows that somewhere in the background Jeff Bezos' pockets are available.

JO

That is why they will settle out of court, The main stream media fucked up on the whole story… That is why they are called fake news

You may be right...they may indeed settle out of court....that will disappoint me but it's probably the best outcome for the Kid and his family.

JO

JO

I'm sure that Bezos' lawyers will object to it, but if I'm the judge I have to allow it. Sandmann is a minor, and the text messages are evidence of the total depravity of the defendant.

JO

It's almost as if the punk's parents are trying to keep him in the spot light because they like the fame....while trying to make a buck or two in the process. And, of course, enabling their little thug.

JO

JO

I'm sure that Bezos' lawyers will object to it, but if I'm the judge I have to allow it. Sandmann is a minor, and the text messages are evidence of the total depravity of the defendant.

Once AGAIN --- your "evidence" has to start with what's PUBLISHED. As the suit itself claims.
Not having any such published evidence, there's no basis from which to pursue your fantasies about snooping through the private lives of people your that your puppetmasters order you to hate. They're completely irrelevant and inadmissible.

I don't know what you slugs don't get about the fact that the blogosphere (a/k/a "fake news") massages its zombies so they'll make noise without taking the time to think about what it is they're making noise about. Open your EYES.

SMH

JO

JO

Bezos has just shown us what he thinks of black mail attempts.......

JO

It's almost as if the punk's parents are trying to keep him in the spot light because they like the fame....while trying to make a buck or two in the process. And, of course, enabling their little thug.

The fact that you think the minor child is an irredeemable punk and thug, who should be denied responsible employment and college admissions based upon a short tape and the WP's reporting, demonstrates Sandmann's case. You never even met the boy.

JO

Who the fuck is "Lin Woods"? Is that the Mitch McConnell propaganda machine behind all this?

Nah...he's spot on. WAPO is not alone in their abuse of the SULLIVAN versus NY TIMES ruling....it has become a hiding place for vile defamation proceedings in the past fifty years. There is an awareness of this in the Judicial community and THAT alone is something that WAPO should be afraid of. To be fair to WAPO they should stand alone in this spotlight....but then again they were unlucky enough to stumble into the gaze of the nation's most capable libel outfit. I suspect that Lin Wood went for this one because he knows that somewhere in the background Jeff Bezos' pockets are available.

JO

You may be right...they may indeed settle out of court....that will disappoint me but it's probably the best outcome for the Kid and his family.
They will settle out of court for at least $50 million. Given his history, Lin Wood is not going to settle for small potatoes.

Who the fuck is "Lin Woods"? Is that the Mitch McConnell propaganda machine behind all this?

Oh NOOOOOOOO! I forgot an apostrophe! that means everything I ever posted is wroooooooooonnnnnnnngggggggggg!

Lin Wood. He's the lawyer who is going to extract a pound of flesh from WAPO's hide.

Last edited:

JO

JO

They may. Which of course underscores what we all know, Hat Boy is filing a nuisance suit. If they wanted “the truth”, they wouldn’t settle out of court. Papa and Momma McSmirk want a payday; not justice.

His name is Lin Wood, and he's a top lawyer based in Atlanta. He represented Richard Jewell, who the Leftist Media demonized back in 1996. Took a lot of deep pocket creeps to the cleaners.

If I were advising Bezos, I'd be looking to settle.

JO

JO

Which explains why you’re not a judge.

JO

Papa and Momma McSmirk…if they take a OCS, they are pimping little ass-hat out like a prostitute.

Forum List

Back