LDS church and children of LGBT couples: Jesus weeps

The fact is that all these whiny and wacky little special interest groups (particularly those interested in odd bodily practices and diverse couplings) are not interested in mere general tolerance or even in acceptance, but instead demand endorsement by those who find their practices abhorrent.

They should exercise caution in pushing too hard, lest they in the end lose even the tolerance.
This is not about the parents. This is about children, who will not be allowed to baptized because their parents are LGBT.

They will be allowed to be baptized, but only after 18 and only after they state they will adhere to Church teachings.
That's what it says along with the children will publicly disavow their parents' marriages.

The fact is that all these whiny and wacky little special interest groups (particularly those interested in odd bodily practices and diverse couplings) are not interested in mere general tolerance or even in acceptance, but instead demand endorsement by those who find their practices abhorrent.

They should exercise caution in pushing too hard, lest they in the end lose even the tolerance.
This is not about the parents. This is about children, who will not be allowed to baptized because their parents are LGBT.

They will be allowed to be baptized, but only after 18 and only after they state they will adhere to Church teachings.
That's what it says along with the children will publicly disavow their parents' marriages.

So?

So?
Yup.

Multiple gods, multiple worlds, Jesus visited America during biblical times, magic underwear.

Nothing surprising can come from these people. 'Crazy' was interviewed and said, "look, I'm crazy, but those people are OUT THERE".

I can image an active LDS member writing,

"All children are born perfect. They should be welcome in almost any setting, particularly in a church that claims to be of God. All children, all babies, with no exceptions.

That my chosen faith proclaimed otherwise last Thursday is sad. This has hurt many people, particularly those who are gay, or have gay family members. I am so sorry for this hurt.

When you piss off those of us who would be your friends, who put our butts in the pews or who stand and conduct, who give our funds, you have gone too far.

All babies, all children, are welcome in any church or organization that I might choose to attend. All babies. No exceptions."

So you think it's bad that we aren't creating major conflicts in a few homes where this might actually apply and allowing the children to make their own choices when they are an adult and can handle it?

You dame policy has existed in regards to polygamous families for more than half a century. Suddenly it's bad now that it's apply to a gay marriage situation?

Why exactly do you think we should be stirring up conflict in families between young children and parents?

How does that help anyone?

It's always about the children. Too funny.

If you people are so concerned with children, why then have you driven them mad?
The only ones driven mad are you losers who lost the marriage fight. Sux to be you.

The losers of the marriage fight are the children involved.

Multiple gods, multiple worlds, Jesus visited America during biblical times, magic underwear.

Nothing surprising can come from these people. 'Crazy' was interviewed and said, "look, I'm crazy, but those people are OUT THERE".

I highly recommend getting a telescope someday and checking out the universe. You will see worlds without end.

So you think it's bad that we aren't creating major conflicts in a few homes where this might actually apply and allowing the children to make their own choices when they are an adult and can handle it?

You dame policy has existed in regards to polygamous families for more than half a century. Suddenly it's bad now that it's apply to a gay marriage situation?

Why exactly do you think we should be stirring up conflict in families between young children and parents?

1. lt is not a few homes as the firestorms in SLC media and abroad testify.

2. The polygamous policy did not excite the main body of the church because it did not affect the main body of the church. The children of married LGBT does affect the body of the church, as the media shows.

3. The church is stirring up conflict, by making children wait to 18 and to publicly disavow their parents.

4. You are right: the church policy helps no one and hurts thousands of children.

"All children are born perfect. They should be welcome in almost any setting, particularly in a church that claims to be of God. All children, all babies, with no exceptions.

That my chosen faith proclaimed otherwise last Thursday is sad. This has hurt many people, particularly those who are gay, or have gay family members. I am so sorry for this hurt.

When you piss off those of us who would be your friends, who put our butts in the pews or who stand and conduct, who give our funds, you have gone too far.

All babies, all children, are welcome in any church or organization that I might choose to attend. All babies. No exceptions."

That person would be completely ignorant of the scriptures then. There was a time that the Lord commanded His servants not to go to the gentiles. The gospel was withheld from the Israelites in favor of the law of Moses. These restrictions did not occur during childhood but for all their mortal lives.

You are complaining about what happens now but completely miss the fact that the Lord has.view of the long game. He knows the way to direct His work in the way that will bring to pass the immortality and eternal life for the most people possible over all of time.

He has people wait on His timing to receive blessings. I'm sure as I am I would do things differently. But that's because I don't the end from the beginning.

And I think you should remember that our actions do effect others. Particularly our children. Maybe if we were wiser with our own actions they could have greater blessings.

2. The polygamous policy did not excite the main body of the church because it did not affect the main body of the church. The children of married LGBT does affect the body of the church, as the media shows.

3. The church is stirring up conflict, by making children wait to 18 and to publicly disavow their parents.

4. You are right: the church policy helps no one and hurts thousands of children.

All of which are lies.

If they were true it would be the members and not the nonmembers getting upset.

And it's not the Church hurting the children it's their parents. Or at least one of them.

That person would be completely ignorant of the scriptures then. There was a time that the Lord commanded His servants not to go to the gentiles. The gospel was withheld from the Israelites in favor of the law of Moses. These restrictions did not occur during childhood but for all their mortal lives.

You are complaining about what happens now but completely miss the fact that the Lord has.view of the long game. He knows the way to direct His work in the way that will bring to pass the immortality and eternal life for the most people possible over all of time.

He has people wait on His timing to receive blessings. I'm sure as I am I would do things differently. But that's because I don't the end from the beginning.

And I think you should remember that our actions do effect others. Particularly our children. Maybe if we were wiser with our own actions they could have greater blessings.
That person understands the principles far better than you, I suspect.

Your fallacy of false equivalency of missionary work flops immediately. We are talking about thousands of children, some who go to the LDS church, who are already intimately connected to the church.

You want children to be denied the blessings of your church, then in order to be baptized, to disavow publicly their parents.

You are as bad as Jehovah Witnesses in this area.

For shame.

All of which are lies.

And it's not the Church hurting the children it's their parents. Or at least one of them.
They are all the truth, and your statement cannot defeat that fact.

The membership of the Church, Avatar, is inflamed. Go online to social media and you will find thousands on thousands of active LDS are stunned, hurt, and many angry.

Yes, it is the Church hurting children.

Your fallacy of false equivalency of missionary work flops immediately. We are talking about thousands of children, some who go to the LDS church, who are already intimately connected to the church.

You want children to be denied the blessings of your church, then in order to be baptized, to disavow publicly their parents.

For shame.

There are not thousands of children of same sex couples in the Church. Seriously do you listen to yourself?

All of which are lies.

They are all the truth, and your statement cannot defeat that fact.

The membership of the Church, Avatar, is inflamed. Go online to social media and you will find thousands on thousands of active LDS are stunned, hurt, and many angry.

Yes, it is the Church hurting children.

Funny I've been on the social media and it's not the members inflamed. It's the same people who always whine about the Church most of whom don't belong to Church and never did such as yourself.

Not very worried about the implimentation of a policy that has precedent. You've never complained about the polygamist children. You've never complained about the fact that we dont baptize children whose parents oppose their membership. We have always required them to wait till they are an adult to enter the Church. It doesn't hurt them in the slightest.

The children of Israel were denied The gospel and given the law of Moses. Not just till they were adults.but for hundreds of years. The gentiles were denied the Gospel as it was being preached to Israel in the meridian of time.

The Lord had thousands wait for the fullness of the Gospel hundreds of years until the restoration. We are all required to wait on the Lord for some of His blessings. The idea that this is unfair is ridiculous.

And no. It's the parents hurting their children. It's insane to think that a man leaving his wife and child to get together with his boyfriend does not hurt his children.

For shame.

There are not thousands of children of same sex couples in the Church. Seriously do you listen to yourself?
Seriously, are you that stupid. There are thousands of children in LGBT homes connected by family to the church. What area of non-reality do you live.

Truly contact the JWs. You will find a set as weird as you on being dedicated to breaking up families.

Let's get it on record. You want children to disavow their parents?

If you, Avatar, have not seen it on social media, then you are very, very sheltered, Avatar. The Church wants children to disavow their parents. You agree with that head up its ass policy.

Their roof, their rules.
Yup, their asses getting kicked.
Well, then, when you turn 18 you can join the church or not join. your choice.
Mean while we'll get to see you go thru puberty.

btw jake, do you believe in infant baptism??? Cause every one of those kids in that depiction are under age to quality for baptism.
Way to deceive the less enlightened.

Last edited:
Your church, tyrone and avatar, wants children to disavow their parents.

Forum List

Back