Votes: 4 66.7%
  • The Peon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
There are effectively three types of employees in the world - Leaders, Workers, and Peons.

Leaders lead. They're the employers, the decision makers, and the ones at the top of the food chsin. They make the big bucks generally, but have to deal with the stresses of leadership and being in charge .

Workers work. They're the busy bees getting the vast majority of stuff done in the world. Give them reasonable direction and a clear task and they'll get it done for you with minimal supervision and oversight.

Peons, we're not quite sure what they do. But it definitely requires significant supervision and repeated retraining to get any substantive out of them.

So, who would you rather be in your career - Leader, Worker or Peon?

There are effectively three types of employees in the world - Leaders, Workers, and Peons.

Leaders lead. They're the employers, the decision makers, and the ones at the top of the food chsin. They make the big bucks generally, but have to deal with the stresses of leadership and being in charge .

Workers work. They're the busy bees getting the vast majority of stuff done in the world. Give them reasonable direction and a clear task and they'll get it done for you with minimal supervision and oversight.

Peons, we're not quite sure what they do. But it definitely requires significant supervision and repeated retraining to get any substantive out of them.

So, who would you rather be in your career - Leader, Worker or Peon?

I always say lead, follow or get out of my way.

But at this age of my life I am more about watching coworkers, let them make mistakes and step in before they really fuck up.

Started as a peon, became a worker, and then a leader.

Being the leader is a good gig but very challenging in all sorts of ways, but that's what makes it fun and interesting.

Forum List

Back