LEARN TO CODE JOE......what a buffoon lol

Suuure, he hasn't.

According to your hero Noah Feldman, he hasn't, and won't be until the articles are turned over to the Senate. If they aren't turned over, it is just a 100% partisan waste of time and money by Pelosi....

Gosh, it has been now suggested that a Pelosi kid had some cash coming in from Ukraine.... wouldn't it be great if that could be proven....????

LOL!!!!
Noah Feldman got schooled after posting that nonsense. What else ya got?

What incentives did natural gas get that coal did not?

I'm pretty sure the "Clean Air Act" and other regulations penalized coal and benefited natural gas. Coal also had to deal with "black lung disease" which cost big $$$$$$. So it is more that coal got "burdened" when NG was "unburdened."

Noah Feldman got schooled after posting that nonsense

I thought Harvard Law Professors were supposed to be SMART.....

guess not....
Who says they're not? Seems you think smart means infallible.

Still, Feldman made a stupid opinion online and two fellow Harvard Law School professors said he was wrong.

Impeached Trump is impeached.

:dance:

I'm pretty sure the "Clean Air Act" and other regulations penalized coal and benefited natural gas. Coal also had to deal with "black lung disease" which cost big $$$$$$. So it is more that coal got "burdened" when NG was "unburdened."
If coal was burdened its only because it’s inferior.

Yeah, coal would be doing lots better in the market if it wasn’t so dang toxic.

98 percent of America was involved in agriculture at the ratification of the Constitution.

Today, less than two percent are in agriculture, yet they are producing more food than ever.

If some stupid fat lying fuck promised to "bring back all those lost agriculture jobs", how profoundly stupid would you have to be to bleev him?

That is EXACTLY what is going on with mining jobs. Trump is lying to them. He's depending on them to be stupid enough to bleev him.

At least Biden and the Democrats are being honest with them. And all you dumb gullible fucks can chortle about is the delivery of that message.

Jesus Christ, you so deserve to be lied to by Trump. I swear to god. You totally deserve it.

An interesting argument. Does anyone know about how many people it takes to produce the same amount of coal? I think the demand for coal will always be high, because it can be used for just about anything. I live in an agricultural area, and the populations of small towns actually went down as super corporate farms took over. Rural America contracted. Many small towns lost schools and traditions such as town festivals, and drugs swept in. However, many of these towns adapted through industry. Some small town got bird food factories, packaging factories, ect. It is obvious that the more useful skills you have the better, but opportunity goes a long way helping the small towns. Becoming a service only economy, and cheering about it, is not a logical solution.
Well, here are the number of coal jobs over time:

US_Coal_Mining_Employment_1900_2016_MSHA_series_e1487808914791.png

And here is coal production over time:

US-coal-production-1870-to-2018.png

Just as with every other industry, it takes less workers to produce more output, thanks to technological advances.

I cannot believe this actually has to be explained!

The recent reduction in the production of coal is attributed to the recent boom in natural gas. Coal plants are being replaced by natural gas plants.

It's been in all the papers for a while now. The ones the gaslighted tard herd have been trained to call "fake news".

Trump is hoaxing the rubes. At least the Democrats have been telling them the truth: "Coal is dead. You better find something else to do."

Better to tell the hard facts to the people, then bullshit them into continuing down a dead end. Trump is a fucking criminal fraud for telling the coal miners he is going to save them.

So, you addressed the catastrophic years of failed former President Barack Hussein Obama, where are the years of President Trump?

Coal was also a big loser of the "losing" of steel and auto jobs here. When we made most of our steel and cars here, we used more coal here. Coal melts metals. That's what it is "really good at."

98 percent of America was involved in agriculture at the ratification of the Constitution.

Today, less than two percent are in agriculture, yet they are producing more food than ever.

If some stupid fat lying fuck promised to "bring back all those lost agriculture jobs", how profoundly stupid would you have to be to bleev him?

That is EXACTLY what is going on with mining jobs. Trump is lying to them. He's depending on them to be stupid enough to bleev him.

At least Biden and the Democrats are being honest with them. And all you dumb gullible fucks can chortle about is the delivery of that message.

Jesus Christ, you so deserve to be lied to by Trump. I swear to god. You totally deserve it.

An interesting argument. Does anyone know about how many people it takes to produce the same amount of coal? I think the demand for coal will always be high, because it can be used for just about anything. I live in an agricultural area, and the populations of small towns actually went down as super corporate farms took over. Rural America contracted. Many small towns lost schools and traditions such as town festivals, and drugs swept in. However, many of these towns adapted through industry. Some small town got bird food factories, packaging factories, ect. It is obvious that the more useful skills you have the better, but opportunity goes a long way helping the small towns. Becoming a service only economy, and cheering about it, is not a logical solution.
Well, here are the number of coal jobs over time:

US_Coal_Mining_Employment_1900_2016_MSHA_series_e1487808914791.png

And here is coal production over time:

US-coal-production-1870-to-2018.png

Just as with every other industry, it takes less workers to produce more output, thanks to technological advances.

I cannot believe this actually has to be explained!

The recent reduction in the production of coal is attributed to the recent boom in natural gas. Coal plants are being replaced by natural gas plants.

It's been in all the papers for a while now. The ones the gaslighted tard herd have been trained to call "fake news".

Trump is hoaxing the rubes. At least the Democrats have been telling them the truth: "Coal is dead. You better find something else to do."

Better to tell the hard facts to the people, then bullshit them into continuing down a dead end. Trump is a fucking criminal fraud for telling the coal miners he is going to save them.

So, you addressed the catastrophic years of failed former President Barack Hussein Obama, where are the years of President Trump?
No where. Coal consumption is down 10% in this country. Coal exports blipped up in 2018 but have fallen in half this year. Coal industry hasn’t lost jobs but hasn’t gained any in 3 years either.

Democrat plan to replace coal.....

they don't have one, but they will make a lot of taxpayer money vanish trying to develop one....
Coal is being replaced by natural gas and wind/solar. It’s happening as we speak.

In our country, where nuclear is a far, far superior choice, but not in China, India and other growing nations.

Coal%20plants-S.png

gw-graphic-pie-chart-co2-emissions-by-country-2015%20%281%29-X3.png

CO2-XL.png

If coal was burdened its only because it’s inferior.

Yeah, coal would be doing lots better in the market if it wasn’t so dang toxic.

Coal is used in proportion of other fuel costs. For some years thanks to fracking, coal is more expensive to use than gas. Now if natural gas and gasoline products increase in price, coal will once again be the fuel of choice.

No, you have to have an aptitude to do certain jobs. He doesn't have it, and neither does my sister--his mother.

Years ago she was getting prepared to sell her house. She was in a panic because my father could no longer do jobs like replace the floor tile she wanted in her hallway. She said she would do it herself, but she had no idea how to do it. So I suggested that she go to Youtube. They must have a hundred videos on how to remove and replace floor tile. She admitted she could never follow a video. She too has a college degree, and makes nearly six figures a year.
Not knowing how to do something is not the same as not being able to do it. You seem to think people are incapable of learning new things. I don’t.

What I think is that some people cannot learn or do certain things. Not only do you need to have an aptitude for something, you need to have an interest as well. You will never be good at anything you hate or don't enjoy doing.

I used to run into that all the time at work. Inexperienced drivers who could not back their trailer into a dock. Some people I was able to help, others were simply hopeless. No matter what I told them to do, they would do the opposite. They simply had no concept or ability to back into a dock door. This was especially true of foreigners.

Nonsense. I think you might just be a bad teacher.

Of course, that must be it.

View attachment 297855
It’s a possibility you haven’t considered.

I believe people have a great capacity to learn new things. You don’t. That’s just a personal opinion we don’t share.

The overall point is that coal miners need to be looking for new skills because coal is in decline. No one can change that. The longer they delay this process hoping for some Trump miracle to save their way of life, the worse off they’ll be.

No, that is not my position. My position is not everybody can learn a certain skill such as coding. That's not to say they can't do other things. Some may be able to learn coding. Those who have no aptitude might go into a construction trade. And yes, some could become truck drivers. It's all based upon the individuals ability and interest in a field of work. But Biden's comment was total ignorance saying all those coal minors just learn how to code.

A Harvard Law Professor was WRONG?????

LOL!!!!!

You speak about the impossible, since Harvard Law Professors are NEVER WRONG..... or something like that....

Stupid isn't the word. People are geared towards certain things. You can't make a basketball player out of a doctor. You can't make a scientist out of a landscaper.

My nephew has a masters degree. The kid couldn't replace a flapper valve in a toilet if you paid him five hundred bucks. I would hardly consider him stupid. He just has no ability to do those kinds of chores unless you sat with him and told him what to do.

I’m sure your nephew could replace any sort of toilet with the proper education. Intelligence is far more malleable than you think.

No, you have to have an aptitude to do certain jobs. He doesn't have it, and neither does my sister--his mother.

Years ago she was getting prepared to sell her house. She was in a panic because my father could no longer do jobs like replace the floor tile she wanted in her hallway. She said she would do it herself, but she had no idea how to do it. So I suggested that she go to Youtube. They must have a hundred videos on how to remove and replace floor tile. She admitted she could never follow a video. She too has a college degree, and makes nearly six figures a year.
Not knowing how to do something is not the same as not being able to do it. You seem to think people are incapable of learning new things. I don’t.

What I think is that some people cannot learn or do certain things. Not only do you need to have an aptitude for something, you need to have an interest as well. You will never be good at anything you hate or don't enjoy doing.

I used to run into that all the time at work. Inexperienced drivers who could not back their trailer into a dock. Some people I was able to help, others were simply hopeless. No matter what I told them to do, they would do the opposite. They simply had no concept or ability to back into a dock door. This was especially true of foreigners.

You just want to whine, argue, and troll.

To deny that people have certain talents that others do not is just foolish.

IF what you claim was true, there would be millions of guitarists equal to Eric Clapton or Jimi Hendrix, millions of brain surgeons, millions of entrepreneurs like Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos and the list goes on.

Do you deny that overall, women score better in languages and worse in mathematics than men? If you do, you're just ignorant.

I’m sure your nephew could replace any sort of toilet with the proper education. Intelligence is far more malleable than you think.

You just want to whine, argue, and troll.

To deny that people have certain talents that others do not is just foolish.

IF what you claim was true, there would be millions of guitarists equal to Eric Clapton or Jimi Hendrix, millions of brain surgeons, millions of entrepreneurs like Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos and the list goes on.

Do you deny that overall, women score better in languages and worse in mathematics than men? If you do, you're just ignorant.

This is a troll thread. If I’m trolling, I’m not the only one.

People on the right have been saying that we have to subsidize the jobs of coal miners. I say we find them different ways for them to be productive. The counter argument from the right is that they have no other skills and no other options.

All you guys have is “they can’t”.

Fracking is used to extract oil and gas from shale, aka stone.

It became yet another term the Left howls endlessly but can't properly define....

Forum List

Back