Leave Confederate Soldier Statues Alone

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Lately, it has become fashionable in the minds of some, to go about proposing bills to removed statues and monuments of Confederate soldiers. Currently in Florida 2 bills have been introduced to do this. These are Florida SB 1360 and SCR 760.

The high horse proposers of these bills are intending to set new standards for all of us in America, about who we can honor, and who we may not. Looks like they’ve got soldiers of the old Confederacy on the don’t honor list.

This is more than stupid. It is disgraceful to DIShonor these people who wore their military uniforms, and put their lives on the line, to follow the orders they were given.

As far as what cause the Confederate soldiers fought for, I’d say that since their homelands were being attacked by outside forces (buildings burned, bridges blown up, etc.), they fought primarily a defensive war. This is more just and legitimate than the Vietnam War, in which US soil and people were not being attacked by any Vietnamese people. And do we ask for Vietnam veterans’ statues or monuments to be removed ? Last time I looked, there were more of them being installed.

I don’t think ANY veterans of any state of the current USA (including Florida), should have their statues or monuments removed. This is a disgrace, and it disgraces those who propose and support such stupid laws.

Lately, it has become fashionable in the minds of some, to go about proposing bills to removed statues and monuments of Confederate soldiers. Currently in Florida 2 bills have been introduced to do this. These are Florida SB 1360 and SCR 760.

The high horse proposers of these bills are intending to set new standards for all of us in America, about who we can honor, and who we may not. Looks like they’ve got soldiers of the old Confederacy on the don’t honor list.

This is more than stupid. It is disgraceful to DIShonor these people who wore their military uniforms, and put their lives on the line, to follow the orders they were given.

As far as what cause the Confederate soldiers fought for, I’d say that since their homelands were being attacked by outside forces (buildings burned, bridges blown up, etc.), they fought primarily a defensive war. This is more just and legitimate than the Vietnam War, in which US soil and people were not being attacked by any Vietnamese people. And do we ask for Vietnam veterans’ statues or monuments to be removed ? Last time I looked, there were more of them being installed.

I don’t think ANY veterans of any state of the current USA (including Florida), should have their statues or monuments removed. This is a disgrace, and it disgraces those who propose and support such stupid laws.
I was born in Florida and moved out to Ohio State, and have been around the world since. Today, I agree that these Confederate Soldiers who fought to keep slavery alive in America, should be taken down from a place of honor and put in a museum telling about their TRUE history. Just like we don't want Germany going around and having statues of Hitler all over the place, when the bad guys lose(and the confederates were bad) they shouldn't be put in an honorable place.

That's dumb. You may as well argue that we should have left Saddam Hussein statues up.
So you are for removing Vietnam War soldiers' statues ? (who fought against people who didn't attack us)

Just wondering if you're consistent or hypocritical.

You cannot hide history. Consider Germany. They banned by law all things Nazi, yet it is on the rise again.

All you can do is educate, which we are not doing.
And I'll bet ya most citizens of New Orleans dont know jack about the civil war much less the people the statues represent.

I think we should let the people of the community decide what statues decorate their towns. They are the ones who pay to maintain them and own the land they are on.

I was born in Florida and moved out to Ohio State, and have been around the world since. Today, I agree that these Confederate Soldiers who fought to keep slavery alive in America, should be taken down from a place of honor and put in a museum telling about their TRUE history. Just like we don't want Germany going around and having statues of Hitler all over the place, when the bad guys lose(and the confederates were bad) they shouldn't be put in an honorable place.
FALSE! They did not fight just to keep slavery alive in America. Most Confederate soldiers never saw a slave. They, in self defense, took up arms against people who were entering their home turf and shooting at them, burning buildings, etc.

The Union left its home base and attacked them at their home base (the South). They fought against that invasion, not for slavery. Almost no southern soldiers had slaves. Many lived in mountainous areas of the South, where slavery did not exist. Many were illiterate, and didn't even know slavery existed.

Only a minority of very rich southerners had slaves, while most southern soldiers were so poor, they went to the battlefields barefoot. The lucky ones who got uniforms, including boots, were known to have said > "This is the best set of clothes I've ever owned."

You ought to be ashamed of yourself for insulting American veterans they way you are.

Removing Confederate homages in Confederate states is more bigoted and fascist than the bigotry they claim to oppose.
Hypocrisy rooted in utter ignorance and/or fascism.

Westward Expansion and the American Civil War - US History Scene
Politicians were forced to deal with the issue of slavery and its westward expansion as early as the Missouri Compromise of 1820. The States had previously maintained a shaky balance in the Senate with an equal number of representatives from both Slave and Free States. As Missouri prepared to enter the Union as a Slave State, this tentative balance threatened to come undone. Henry Clay of Kentucky temporarily solved the issue by crafting the Missouri Compromise, bringing Missouri into the Union as a Slave State and, as a balance, Maine entered as a Free State.
They don't teach this is public education anymore because for the Southern White Democrats(and Northern Democrats) they hated blacks and saw them as beneath them, even when they reached the office of Congress and they were Republicans.

Congressmen.jpg

That's dumb. You may as well argue that we should have left Saddam Hussein statues up.
So you are for removing Vietnam War soldiers' statues ? (who fought against people who didn't attack us)

Just wondering if you're consistent or hypocritical.
I'll tell you what; I'm ALL FOR erecting and maintaining statues of veterans of the United States of America.

An incredibly dimwitted view of history. As if the lessons of the Civil War should be forgotten. Only very stupid, shallow, unsubstantial, authoritarian types want to expunge history for the purpose of satisfying transitory contemporary rhetorical needs. In other words: You've got to be stupid.

Statues are just statues...there's no need to remove them I think.
It's also expensive...
Plus history can't be deleted removing statues :)
Thinking about real problems people have is more useful than destroying or removing statues and monuments :)

FALSE! They did not fight just to keep slavery alive in America. Most Confederate soldiers never saw a slave. They, in self defense, took up arms against people who were entering their home turf and shooting at them, burning buildings, etc.

The Union left its home base and attacked them at their home base (the South). They fought against that invasion, not for slavery. Almost no southern soldiers had slaves. Many lived in mountainous areas of the South, where slavery did not exist. Many were illiterate, and didn't even know slavery existed.

Only a minority of very rich southerners had slaves, while most southern soldiers were so poor, they went to the battlefields barefoot. The lucky ones who got uniforms, including boots, were known to have said > "This is the best set of clothes I've ever owned."

You ought to be ashamed of yourself for insulting American veterans they way you are.

First of all, since the confederates had seceded from the Union, they were not American soldiers.

Second of all, the Union soldiers invaded to return the southern states to the United States.

And third of all, the south seceded from the union over slavery. That most didn't own slaves does not change that fact.

You should be ashamed of yourself for not continuing your education to open your eyes on how the liberal party has been subtly altering history, for their attempt at power. See my previous link about how the south wanted slavery to spread to the new territories. Just love Southern dipshits who want to challenge me on history.

An incredibly dimwitted view of history. As if the lessons of the Civil War should be forgotten. Only very stupid, shallow, unsubstantial, authoritarian types want to expunge history for the purpose of satisfying transitory contemporary rhetorical needs. In other words: You've got to be stupid.
The only lesson to learn from the civil war is that the north should have finished the job.

No you don't expunge the statues, you put them in a Museum where people can learn how some people of the US got so stupid, they left it for a Slave Holding government run by whacko liberals who wanted to keep people enslaved to them. It took the Republicans of the North to put down that rebellion and stop the spread of liberalism and slavery to future states.

The only lesson to learn from the civil war is that the north should have finished the job.
More deep, thoughtful, historic analysis. Sounds like the kind of wisdom you'd hear at an ANTIFA rally.

You cannot hide history. Consider Germany. They banned by law all things Nazi, yet it is on the rise again.

All you can do is educate, which we are not doing.

Actually, you can hide, and obliterate history. And destroying monuments and churches and temples is the primary way you do it (that and nationalized *education*).

The Germans may or may not have banned "all things Nazi" but what they needed to ban was PROGRESSIVISM. THAT was the disgusting part of nazism. Not the politics, the politics were actually pretty sound.

It was the progressive policies that they embraced that were disgusting. First and foremost, a hatred of Christianity and the deification of scientific eugenics.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back