Leave Confederate Soldier Statues Alone

Liewinger doing his thing again.

We know who the racists are. They're the ones who want to keep blacks as slaves and victims, perpetually.
Why do you support honoring the slave rapers?

You think anybody who has sex with a black person is a "slave raper", liewinger. Admit it.

No...those who rape their slaves are slave rapers
Namely, most of the Confederate officers who are celebrated today
Rape was not that wide spread, in fact, rare. Let history record that in North Carolina slaves were allowed to seek out a new owner every New Years Day. Slaves were allowed to make side money if they had a skill like carpenter or iron worker. Freed slaves owned their own slaves and the Cherokee were huge slave holders in Georgia.

Rape was rampant

That is why most blacks today have lighter skin

Maybe when the south has as many monuments honoring those who fought in the Civil Rights movement, we can allow them to keep some of their confederate monuments

Let them put up monuments at sites where lynching took place, where civil rights workers were beaten, where lunch counters were segregated

You go ahead and fund those ventures, liewinger.

Meanwhile, other people (who aren't dependent upon the government for their daily bread and who actually live in the communities we're talking about) funded the statues and monuments that exist. So keep your stupid sticky fingers in your nose, and off the art.

If they are on private property, I have no problem with them

If they are on public property, they need to be used as urinals
Every court house in the South should have a statue to honor the brave men who fought to defend their homelands from invasion by federal government. Whole units of the Union Army were immigrants from Europe. How do you think people felt when a bunch of Germans came marching through their communities?
Every courthouse in the South should have a statue to Civil Rights fighters

I would have fought for the South.

I would have, too.

But my great, great Grandfather, my great, great granduncles on my mom's side were majors in the Union Army.

On my dad's side, they were Confederates.
I had kin with Stonewall Jackson.
Sure you did.
Sure did. Field artillery captain.

My great great (not sure if it's two or three) uncle.....Lew Wallace.

250px-Lewis_Wallace.jpg

Lew Wallace - Wikipedia

Related to Henry Wallace, the Vice President I like to quote?

Maybe when the south has as many monuments honoring those who fought in the Civil Rights movement, we can allow them to keep some of their confederate monuments

Let them put up monuments at sites where lynching took place, where civil rights workers were beaten, where lunch counters were segregated

Meanwhile, other people (who aren't dependent upon the government for their daily bread and who actually live in the communities we're talking about) funded the statues and monuments that exist. So keep your stupid sticky fingers in your nose, and off the art.

Every court house in the South should have a statue to honor the brave men who fought to defend their homelands from invasion by federal government. Whole units of the Union Army were immigrants from Europe. How do you think people felt when a bunch of Germans came marching through their communities?

Again, maybe you weren't here for this but here in my part of the South -- and Appalachia generally -- this was Union-sympathetic territory. The region (WNC/East TN) voted against secession, but were outvoted by the slaveholding east and west parts of the states. So those who may have gone to war from around here were generally wearing the blue, not the grey.

So keep your monolith myths off my courthouse, K?

Liewinger doing his thing again.

We know who the racists are. They're the ones who want to keep blacks as slaves and victims, perpetually.

You think anybody who has sex with a black person is a "slave raper", liewinger. Admit it.

Rape was not that wide spread, in fact, rare. Let history record that in North Carolina slaves were allowed to seek out a new owner every New Years Day. Slaves were allowed to make side money if they had a skill like carpenter or iron worker. Freed slaves owned their own slaves and the Cherokee were huge slave holders in Georgia.

Rape was rampant

Sure. Not in the South.

Again, maybe you weren't here for this but here in my part of the South -- and Appalachia generally -- this was Union-sympathetic territory. The region (WNC/East TN) voted against secession, but were outvoted by the slaveholding east and west parts of the states. So those who may have gone to war from around here were generally wearing the blue, not the grey.

Keep your revisionist history from the statues and graves of brave men who fell in battle with honor.

Keep your revisionist history from the statues and graves of brave men who fell in battle with honor.

"Revisionist history"? :lmao: I wooden dream of taking your job.

Go look at that map backthread and tell me why it looks the way it does.
That would be post 198. Rotsa ruck.

I would have, too.

But my great, great Grandfather, my great, great granduncles on my mom's side were majors in the Union Army.

On my dad's side, they were Confederates.
Sure you did.

250px-Lewis_Wallace.jpg

Lew Wallace - Wikipedia

I would hope he is not related to the communist Henry Wallace. Wallace supported the Soviet Union and he had to be dumped off the ticket.

This comes from a man who idolizes Henry Wallace. Sure.

I do not think people in Mississippi want a statue of Bobby Kennedy on their court house lawn.

Sure you did.

250px-Lewis_Wallace.jpg

Lew Wallace - Wikipedia

I would hope he is not related to the communist Henry Wallace. Wallace supported the Soviet Union and he had to be dumped off the ticket.

She's related to Henry Wallace, or claims to be.
And his tenure would be during WW2, at which time we were fighting with the USSR against Nazi Germany, so we all "supported the Soviet Union" unless you were working with the Nazis ---- like the father of that guy in your own avatar.

Again, go invest in a history book. We ain't here to educate you.

You want a statue of WEB DuBois; who cheered the attack on Pearl Harbor, to be so honored ?

This comes from a man who idolizes Henry Wallace. Sure.

No, this comes from an interested reader who's not afraid :gay: to peruse the history of the land I'm sitting on.

Sure you did.

250px-Lewis_Wallace.jpg

Lew Wallace - Wikipedia

She's related to Henry Wallace, or claims to be.
And his tenure would be during WW2, at which time we were fighting with the USSR against Nazi Germany, so we all "supported the Soviet Union" unless you were working with the Nazis ---- like the father of that guy in your own avatar..

Again, go invest in a history book. We ain't here to educate you.
Stalin was always an enemy of the United States and a threat to our security. We gave them minimal support during the war years. Wallace was dumped off the ticket during the war. So you can keep your Howard Zinn bullshit history books.

Rape was rampant

Sure. Not in the South.

No better opportunities than in the south

Yes Massa

Sure you did.

250px-Lewis_Wallace.jpg

Lew Wallace - Wikipedia

Hell if I know.
Really I'm not even totally convinced that Lew is related to our Wallace family. My cousin did a geneology and she listed him as a relative..but another cousin did another one, and he's not.

It would help if every Wallace didn't name at least two of their sons WILLIAM.

I do not think people in Mississippi want a statue of Bobby Kennedy on their court house lawn.

Bobby Kennedy was from Massachusetts. Why would they do that?
Not needed -- Medgar Evers is already statued at Alcorn State.

Rape was rampant

Sure. Not in the South.

No better opportunities than in the south

Yes Massa

That's why you wouldn't be welcome there, liewinger. You're a racist progressive eugenecist nazi.

Forum List

Back