Leave Confederate Soldier Statues Alone

Maybe when the south has as many monuments honoring those who fought in the Civil Rights movement, we can allow them to keep some of their confederate monuments

Let them put up monuments at sites where lynching took place, where civil rights workers were beaten, where lunch counters were segregated

You go ahead and fund those ventures, liewinger.

Meanwhile, other people (who aren't dependent upon the government for their daily bread and who actually live in the communities we're talking about) funded the statues and monuments that exist. So keep your stupid sticky fingers in your nose, and off the art.

If they are on private property, I have no problem with them

If they are on public property, they need to be used as urinals
Every court house in the South should have a statue to honor the brave men who fought to defend their homelands from invasion by federal government. Whole units of the Union Army were immigrants from Europe. How do you think people felt when a bunch of Germans came marching through their communities?
Every courthouse in the South should have a statue to Civil Rights fighters
I do not think people in Mississippi want a statue of Bobby Kennedy on their court house lawn.
Emmitt Till deserves a statue

Meanwhile, other people (who aren't dependent upon the government for their daily bread and who actually live in the communities we're talking about) funded the statues and monuments that exist. So keep your stupid sticky fingers in your nose, and off the art.

Every court house in the South should have a statue to honor the brave men who fought to defend their homelands from invasion by federal government. Whole units of the Union Army were immigrants from Europe. How do you think people felt when a bunch of Germans came marching through their communities?
I do not think people in Mississippi want a statue of Bobby Kennedy on their court house lawn.

Mary Turner deserves a statue.

It ain't like there's a whole lotta people walking around who have no clue who Robert E. Lee was.

Why? Because was lewd with a White woman?

He is more of a symbol of Mississippi than Robert E Lee

He was from Chicago, Illinois.

And the reason we know his name is what happened in Mississippi.

Bryant%27s_Grocery.jpg

So you believe Vietnam vets (and veterans of other wars?) were committing sedition and treason as well as war crimes against their fellow Americans?

Liberals ask the darndest questions ? Maybe you could add a bit more water to your drinks ? :slap: :rolleyes:

Sick that the usual hate monger scare more concerned about a statue than about what has been done and is still being dine to HUMAN BEINGS.

Must be "christians".
Yeah. Like discrimination against Whites in Affirmative Action (for 56 years now)

And like falsely charging police officers with crimes to appease black rioter criminals.

And like Christian bashing.

And like depriving Americans of jobs and livelihoods, by criminally giving sanctuary to illegal aliens.

Yup. Lot of bad stuff being dine to human beings. ((some of it being stopped by the Trump administration, thank goodness)

And the reason we know his name is what happened in Mississippi.

Bryant%27s_Grocery.jpg
Should not have hit on another guys wife.

Maybe when the south has as many monuments honoring those who fought in the Civil Rights movement, we can allow them to keep some of their confederate monuments

Let them put up monuments at sites where lynching took place, where civil rights workers were beaten, where lunch counters were segregated
images
I know it's hard for you liberal moonbats to stop yammering about the civil rights movement, but for your edification, this thread is about honoring and dishonoring SOLDIERS. Get it ?

Johnny Rebs allegiance to a flag other than the American flag makes him a traitor and is reason enough to demolish every monument to his memory.
You don't get to decide what is the American flag, and what isn't. The Confederate States of AMERICA were every bit as AMERICAN as any other states, and still are, and don't you forget it.

images
I know it's hard for you liberal moonbats to stop yammering about the civil rights movement, but for your edification, this thread is about honoring and dishonoring SOLDIERS. Get it ?

Those in the Civil Rights movement were soldiers fighting for freedom

Those in the Confederacy were soldiers fighting to preserve slavery

Get it?

Every God damn one of them committed treason against The United States Of America.
One could just as easily say that the North committed treason by sending it's armies to invade the South. You don't have much of a case.

Get it?
YOU are the one who doesn't "get it". Those in the Confederacy were soldiers fighting a self-defense war against armies invading THEIR home grounds. As I already said earlier (do you read the thread ?), most Confederate soldiers knew nothing about slavery. Most never saw a slave in their whole lives. Many came from Southern mountain states, where slavery didn't exist in large portions of the state (Virginia, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas)

Like the Confederate soldiers who fought for the civil rights of not having their buildings burned, bridges blown up. and people shot at.

And in 2016, the South rose again >>>

live_map_president.png

Get it?
YOU are the one who doesn't "get it". Those in the Confederacy were soldiers fighting a self-defense war against armies invading THEIR home grounds. As I already said earlier (do you read the thread ?), most Confederate soldiers knew nothing about slavery. Most never saw a slave in their whole lives. Many came from Southern mountain states, where slavery didn't exist in large portions of the state (Virginia, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas)

Those in the south were traitors fighting against their own country. They took up arms to protect their right to own other human beings

Only one of us honors segregationists and white supremacists. That's you snottie-pie.
Are you too lame to be able to ascertain that SOLDIERS merely wear uniforms, and follow orders. The people you are talking about were politicians and plantation farmers. Leave the soldiers alone!

Like the Confederate soldiers who fought for the civil rights of not having their buildings burned, bridges blown up. and people shot at.

And in 2016, the South rose again >>>

live_map_president.png

Rump is from the South? Had no idea.

I've never heard a Southerner say "yuge". Literally never.

Forum List

Back