Leave Confederate Soldier Statues Alone

Johnny Rebs allegiance to a flag other than the American flag makes him a traitor and is reason enough to demolish every monument to his memory.
You don't get to decide what is the American flag, and what isn't. The Confederate States of AMERICA were every bit as AMERICAN as any other states, and still are, and don't you forget it.

If by "American" you mean on the North or South American continent, then you are correct. But that means Canadians and Mexicans are Americans too. But if you mean part of the United States of America, you are absolutely wrong. They denied their American citizenship.

Those in the south were traitors fighting against their own country. They took up arms to protect their right to own other human beings
When the North invaded the South THEY were fighting against their own country. As for other moronic statemnt I've already refuted it twice. Post 355, 356, 359.

Those in the Civil Rights movement were soldiers fighting for freedom

Those in the Confederacy were soldiers fighting to preserve slavery

Get it?
YOU are the one who doesn't "get it". Those in the Confederacy were soldiers fighting a self-defense war against armies invading THEIR home grounds. As I already said earlier (do you read the thread ?), most Confederate soldiers knew nothing about slavery. Most never saw a slave in their whole lives. Many came from Southern mountain states, where slavery didn't exist in large portions of the state (Virginia, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas)

No, you still don't get it. The confederacy seceded from the United States of America. They left. The Union soldiers were sent to bring them back. The Union soldiers were bringing them back into the United States.

Only one of us honors segregationists and white supremacists. That's you snottie-pie.
Are you too lame to be able to ascertain that SOLDIERS merely wear uniforms, and follow orders. The people you are talking about were politicians and plantation farmers. Leave the soldiers alone!

The soldiers were part of the confederacy. That makes them the same.

If by "American" you mean on the North or South American continent, then you are correct. But that means Canadians and Mexicans are Americans too. But if you mean part of the United States of America, you are absolutely wrong. They denied their American citizenship.
Confederate States of America. And this isn't about nations or national policies. It's about SOLDIERS.

Those in the south were traitors fighting against their own country. They took up arms to protect their right to own other human beings
When the North invaded the South THEY were fighting against their own country. As for other moronic statemnt I've already refuted it twice. Post 355, 356, 359.

They were fighting against treason

Rump is from the South? Had no idea.

I've never heard a Southerner say "yuge". Literally never.
The South rose again when it's candidate become POTUS (as if you didn't know)

The South rose long before that. In fact, if having your candidate win the presidential election is your definition, then the south rose when Bill Clinto was elected the first time.

Confederate States of America. And this isn't about nations or national policies. It's about SOLDIERS.

This is about which side the soldiers fought for. YOu cannot separate the two. The soldiers were paid in confederate money. They have uniforms and equipment purchased by the confederate states of America. It is most certainly about nations and national policies.

The people who did not believe in the cause of the confederacy could have done like Winston County Alabama did and secede from the confederacy.

The South rose long before that. In fact, if having your candidate win the presidential election is your definition, then the south rose when Bill Clinto was elected the first time.

And did you forget Jimmy Carter ? Like I said >>> "again" :biggrin:

The soldiers were part of the confederacy. That makes them the same.
FALSE! Maybe you don't know what a soldier is. They follow orders, not make policy. They were not part of policy-making.

THey don't have to . They joined an army of a nation that was NOT the United States of America and invaded US property when they took over various forts.

This is about which side the soldiers fought for. YOu cannot separate the two. The soldiers were paid in confederate money. They have uniforms and equipment purchased by the confederate states of America. It is most certainly about nations and national policies.

The people who did not believe in the cause of the confederacy could have done like Winston County Alabama did and secede from the confederacy.
NO, it is NOT about "which side the soldiers fought for" You have a habit of changing subjects in mid-thread.

This is about what the OP stated it is about. Honoring or dishonoring SOLDIERS.

As for the cause (another subject) >> for mist Confederate soldiers it was a self-defense war against armies coming down into their home areas and attacking them.. I've lost count how many times I've said this already in this thread. Are you reading the thread ?

Rump is from the South? Had no idea.

I've never heard a Southerner say "yuge". Literally never.
The South rose again when it's candidate become POTUS (as if you didn't know)

"It is candidate"?
Whelp --that's kinda what I asked. If Rump is from the South, why does he claim to be from Noo Yawk?

Good thing he took that Hunter Pence guy to get votes from that great Southern state of uh, Indiana.

THey don't have to . They joined an army of a nation that was NOT the United States of America and invaded US property when they took over various forts.
FALSE! They were of an army that WAS of the USA (then and now), and it was the North who did the invading, with almost the entire war fought in the South. The Southerners were the DEFENDERS. North was the ATTACKERS.

I have 2 minutes left on this library computer. I'm finished with this discussion for today.

"It is candidate"?
Whelp --that's kinda what I asked. If Rump is from the South, why does he claim to be from Noo Yawk?

Good thing he took that Hunter Pence guy to get votes from that great Southern state of uh, Indiana.
All you're doing is posting sillieness.

By this logic you should be yammering about statues of Uruguyan soldiers and Brazilian soldiers and, of course not to forget, Nicaraguan Sandinistas, Ché Guevara et al.. They too were in "America".

Forum List

Back