🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Left When Coal Minors Lose Their Jobs: You’re Obsolete, Learn to Code!

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Government workers have a few paychecks delayed: Its an epic catastrophe!

“I mention these anecdotes not because I think the present record-setting shutdown is good or sane policy but because I am trying to illustrate why I and other Americans have a hard time caring much about it. In the popular imagination — and sometimes in dozens of little-read memos from the inspectors general of various departments — the average federal employee appears to be lazy, incompetent, performing meaningless tasks for too much pay, with an enviable array of benefits and other amenities (I still roll my eyes in disgust whenever I am reminded that there exist special credit unions for federal employees, whose pay and job security would be the envy of a hundred million other Americans). Government employees, at both the state and federal level, are among the only workers in the United States who continue to be represented by powerful unions, despite the fact that by definition they’re not bargaining against capital but against their fellow citizens.

This is to say nothing of the vast assortment of contractors, consultants, and hangers-on whose “work” has been temporarily interrupted by the shutdown. Their grotesque salaries have blighted the landscape with McMansions and driven housing prices in Maryland and northern Virginia to a level beyond what most families with children will ever be able to afford. So the people whose job it is to bid up the price of useless airplanes or dream up rival marketing schemes for some “cloud” project while our nation’s capital lacks a functional public transit system are going to have .05 percent fewer billable hours for the year? Boo hoo.”

America's shutdown indifference - Hot Air

What a bullshit meme.

Coal miners have been losing jobs for years..because coal is no longer economically viable. Newsflash...neither are buggy whips

That's just the fact of the matter.

Clinton got lambasted for being honest.

“I mention these anecdotes not because I think the present record-setting shutdown is good or sane policy but because I am trying to illustrate why I and other Americans have a hard time caring much about it. In the popular imagination — and sometimes in dozens of little-read memos from the inspectors general of various departments — the average federal employee appears to be lazy, incompetent, performing meaningless tasks for too much pay, with an enviable array of benefits and other amenities (I still roll my eyes in disgust whenever I am reminded that there exist special credit unions for federal employees, whose pay and job security would be the envy of a hundred million other Americans). Government employees, at both the state and federal level, are among the only workers in the United States who continue to be represented by powerful unions, despite the fact that by definition they’re not bargaining against capital but against their fellow citizens.

This is to say nothing of the vast assortment of contractors, consultants, and hangers-on whose “work” has been temporarily interrupted by the shutdown. Their grotesque salaries have blighted the landscape with McMansions and driven housing prices in Maryland and northern Virginia to a level beyond what most families with children will ever be able to afford. So the people whose job it is to bid up the price of useless airplanes or dream up rival marketing schemes for some “cloud” project while our nation’s capital lacks a functional public transit system are going to have .05 percent fewer billable hours for the year? Boo hoo.”

God forgive me for wishing Matthew Walther learns first hand how it feels. And if this is your opinion too, then you too. Just like when you used to claim Gitmo was like a vacation spot with great food and I wished you were there to share in the inhabitants 'good fortune'.

What a bullshit meme.

Coal miners have been losing jobs for years..because coal is no longer economically viable. Newsflash...neither are buggy whips

That happens when assholes like Obama shut down brand new coal mines just when they are about to being operating.

Oddly more coal plants have shut down in the first 2 years of the Trump Admin than in the entire Obama Admin.

And Obama "shut down" ZERO coal mines dumbass

We HAVE put a lot of coal plants out of business...more under Trump than Obama

And it was the ECONOMY that did that

A leftist battling with logic and attempting a productive endeavor. I would pay to see it.

What a bullshit meme.

Fake news, also not viable after the election of Trump.

Time to learn to code.

Any data to back that up?

Yes, not Obama's entire time in office but under Trump more coal plants have been closed than Obama's entire first term.

More coal plants have closed under Trump than in Obama's last term - CNNPolitics

Do you think Trump should personally sign their unemployment checks and look them in the eye when he hands them out? Or are you suddenly going to lose interest?

Yes, not Obama's entire time in office but under Trump more coal plants have been closed than Obama's entire first term.

More coal plants have closed under Trump than in Obama's last term - CNNPolitics

Do you think Trump should personally sign their unemployment checks and look them in the eye when he hands them out? Or are you suddenly going to lose interest?

You provided link to CNN, not data how many plants were closed during Barry or Trump.

You provided link to CNN, not data how many plants were closed during Barry or Trump.

You obviously didn't go through the entire link, did you?

No data in the CNN video, or in article. However, there is a link to the official EIA website that doesn't support your your or CNN claims.

upload_2019-1-31_15-58-22.png

Also, you're insinuating that closing coal power plants are Trump's fault, and it's not. He's trying to ease the regulations, and to keep them open, completely opposite to previous admin.

No data in the CNN video, or in article. However, there is a link to the official EIA website that doesn't support your your or CNN claims.

View attachment 243323

Yes, that link is what I was referring to, glad you finally got there.

And yes, more coal fired power plants have been closed in Trump's first two years than Obama's entire first term.

Protip: the larger the column the more plant closures.

View attachment 243323

Yes, that link is what I was referring to, glad you finally got there.

And yes, more coal fired power plants have been closed in Trump's first two years than Obama's entire first term.

Protip: the larger the column the more plant closures.

"entire first term"... LOL

Riiiiight, cherry picking... It takes time for the regulations to take effect, and you can see from the chart what happens when those Barry's regulations finally kicked in. Just as it will take some time for deregulation to take effect.

Forum List

Back