Left wing “Fact checker” Snopes finally has to admit the Trump Charlottesville “fine people” comment was a hoax.

Nope. If you've seen any of my stuff about Trump over time you should know better.

My stance on this particular matter is a matter of observation and deductive reasoning and honesty.

I am on the side of The People and their Republic and its Constitution.

Both political parties and both presumptive candidates are full of $hit... just in different ways.

I am under no obligation to "choose sides"... I am an American... I go my own way... as is my God-given right.
No obligation? I read that as “no brains” in our current situation.

#WASTEOFTIME

About time. After years of promoting the blatant lie they finally had to admit he didn’t praise white supremacists, and actually did just the opposite.

Lie.

He never, in context, said neo-nazis were bad people. He said violent neo-nazis were bad people and clearly said neo-nazis who weren’t violent were fine people.

Word for word transcript

Reporter
: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Lie.

He never, in context, said neo-nazis were bad people. He said violent neo-nazis were bad people and clearly said neo-nazis who weren’t violent were fine people.

Word for word transcript

Reporter

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."
That is only valid if one posits that Trump agreed with the reporter's assertion that neo-Nazis started the protest.

The reporter's assertion that neo-Nazis started this was incorrect to begin with.

The counterprotests were originated by Southern White Folk looking to stem the violence and preserve their heritage.

They weren't neo-Nazis nor KKK klansmen... although eventually such groups ALSO decided to join the protest crowds.

No... when Trump said there were very fine people there, he was referring to the majority of protestors, not those groups.

But the left-leaning elements of the MSM (which comprises a majority view nowadays) chose to dishonestly spin that.

I am no Trump fan, and God knows that the Orange Baboon puts his foot in his mouth every other day while awake, but...

In this particular, narrow context, I think the Orange-tinted modern-day Benedict Arnold was "set up" by leftist MSM...

And Left-leaning mouthpieces, more interested in political advantage than Fairness and Truth, continue to push that narrative...

Or so it seems to this observer... a functionally Independent registered (D) and a "Union:" man in the 1860s sense of the phrase...

Last edited:
That is only valid if one posits that Trump agreed with the reporter's assertion that neo-Nazis started the protest.

The reporter's assertion that neo-Nazis started this was incorrect to begin with.

The protests were begun by Southern people looking to preserve their Confederate heritage and to honor their ancestors.

They weren't neo-Nazis nor KKK klansmen... although eventually such groups ALSO decided to join the protest crowds.

No... when Trump said there were very fine people there, he was referring to the majority of protestors, not those groups.

But the left-leaning elements of the MSM (which comprises a majority view nowadays) chose to dishonestly spin that.

I am no Trump fan, and God knows that the Orange Baboon puts his foot in his mouth every other day while awake, but...

In this particular, narrow context, I think the Orange-tinted modern-day Benedict Arnold was "set up" by leftist MSM...

And Left-leaning mouthpieces, more interested in political advantage than Fairness and Truth, continue to push that narrative...

Or so it seems to this observer... a functionally Independent registered (D) and a "Union:" man in the 1860s sense of the phrase...
The question was specific.

He took two days to walk it back.

He may or may not think Neo-Nazis are good or bad people, however, it is very very clear he wants to walk the line of securing their support by being extremely indirect in criticism so that they feel validated.

“Stand back and stand by”.

All he had to do was denounce Neo-Nazis without being arm twisted for days by the media. Instead, he didn’t want to offend them.

The counterprotests were originated by Southern White Folk looking to stem the violence and preserve their heritage.

🥨 🥨 🥨

🙄

And it was based on a specific and incorrect premise.
So what... it took time to realize that what he had said had been taken the wrong way.

He is no Reagan... the RIGHT words do not always come easily to him... that's glaringly obvious and a shortcoming in a leader.

The amount of time that he took to tweak the public perception of what he said doesn't signify much in my mind, anyway.

He may or may not think Neo-Nazis are good or bad people, however, it is very very clear he wants to walk the line of securing their support by being extremely indirect in criticism so that they feel validated.
Yep. He doesn't care about them but he wants their votes. Republicans can be Vote Whores just like Democrats, eh?

All he had to do was denounce Neo-Nazis without being arm twisted for days by the media. Instead, he didn’t want to offend them.
Doesn't matter. What DOES matter here is that he was not calling neo-Nazis and KKK "very fine people".

In that narrow context the Orange Schmuck appears to be "off-the-hook" and NOT liable for "wrongdoing". Sorry.

And it was based on a specific and incorrect premise.

So what... it took time to realize that what he had said had been taken the wrong way.

He is no Reagan... the RIGHT words do not always come easily to him... that's glaringly obvious and a shortcoming in a leader.

The amount of time that he took to tweak the public perception of what he said doesn't signify much in my mind, anyway.

Yep. He doesn't care about them but he wants their votes. Republicans can be Vote Whores just like Democrats, eh?

Doesn't matter. What DOES matter here is that he was not calling neo-Nazis and KKK "very fine people".

In that narrow context the Orange Schmuck appears to be "off-the-hook" and NOT liable for "wrongdoing". Sorry.
He absolutely called "non -violent" neo-Nazis good people and violent neo-Nazis bad people. He was very careful to not condemn neo-Nazis and only violence.

Why did it take 7 years to simply watch or read his speech?

I knew it was a lie THAT FUCKING DAY.

“and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. “

:hhello: :rolleyes:🤡

Lie.

Word for word transcript

Reporter

"While Trump did say that there were ‘very fine people on both sides,’ he also specifically noted that he was not talking about neo-Nazis and White supremacists and said they should be 'condemned totally.' Therefore, we have rated this claim 'False,'" Snopes wrote.

"While Trump did say that there were ‘very fine people on both sides,’ he also specifically noted that he was not talking about neo-Nazis and White supremacists and said they should be 'condemned totally.' Therefore, we have rated this claim 'False,'" Snopes wrote.

He absolutely called "non -violent" neo-Nazis good people and violent neo-Nazis bad people. He was very careful to not condemn neo-Nazis and only violence.

Lie.

Word for word transcript

Reporter

Rating:
False
False

Days later after days of media pummeling. At the time, from his heart he said neo-Nazis who were violent were bad people but the ones who were not were good people. It was very very clear.

Here is the linked article to the fact checking since all you did was link Fox and link a false rating tied to no story. It does not say false, nor does it call into question the assertion that Donald Trump threw his support to neo-Nazis. It framed the context showing his ridiculous statements then days later he said.. no, um, i mean.. and back pedaled.

1719410306372.png

True

Forum List

Back