Left wing racists force white owners of restaurant to close...because they cook Mexican food....

I meant that I didn't read that Pogo is onboard with accusations of cultural appropriation as an attack on people.
He's certainly onboard asserting that it is a proper to do and he refuses to accept that it is racist. Of course, people like him believe only white Americans can be racist.

I think you draw specious conclusions.
Of course you do since I disagree with you. What else can you say? Fight me with facts or evidence? LOL

Dear, you cannot even pinpoint the "problem" in this situation. You seem to hate free speech.
Is hate speech free speech?

Speech that invites violence or panic is not free speech. I don't know how you define "hate speech," but I think speech can be hateful without inciting violence.

So, your point? Are the criticisms of "cultural appropriation" hate speech in your opinion?

that's not a very good example...
black women can be born with blonde hair as well.. although it is less common.
Dreadlocks are something created not genetic, stemming from religious practice holding a spiritual meaning..
Nice dodge. So are you claiming Beyonce was born that way? Here, let me help you decide:
Beyonce-as-a-child-e1447427251889.jpe
I did not claim that beyonce was born that way I claimed having blond hair is a genetic trait that can ALSO be seen in African Americans.

View attachment 129213
nuxyrue.jpg
Ummmm, wrong again dude. Those aren't "African-Americans". They're Melanesians of Solomon Islands. Are you now claiming Beyonce is from the Solomon Islands or will you admit her hair isn't genetically blonde nor naturally straight?....or are you just trying to derail off that topic?

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2012/05/origin-blond-afros-melanesia
I am not claiming anything of Beyonce specifically. I'm saying blond hair or straight hair can show up in any race of people. Comparing it to dreadlocks is silly as dreadlocks are not genetic.
Beyonce's hair, straight or blonde, isn't genetic either. Do you or do you not agree she is as guilty of cultural appropriation as the LW "environmental student" who had dreadlocks?

BTW, the history of Dreadlocks: Dreadlocks - Wikipedia
For the umpteenth time I think it is a bad comparison. Hair colors are genetic and interchangeable between races. Would I be guilty of cultural appropriation for dying my hair black if I am a brunette? No.
Dreadlocks are different. They are not genetic. They are created. And have a history with religious meaning. I would be guilty of cultural appropriation if I started wearing rosary beads randomly around my body? Yes. I'm taking something unique to a specific culture and wearing it as decoration.

He's certainly onboard asserting that it is a proper to do and he refuses to accept that it is racist. Of course, people like him believe only white Americans can be racist.

Of course you do since I disagree with you. What else can you say? Fight me with facts or evidence? LOL

Dear, you cannot even pinpoint the "problem" in this situation. You seem to hate free speech.

Speech that invites violence or panic is not free speech. I don't know how you define "hate speech," but I think speech can be hateful without inciting violence.

So, your point? Are the criticisms of "cultural appropriation" hate speech in your opinion?
Hate speech. You know, like that murdering asshole on the train in Oregon was yelling at the two Muslim women when three guys tried to stop him and two were murdered for it.

Hate speech. You know, like that murdering asshole on the train in Oregon was yelling at the two Muslim women when three guys tried to stop him and two were murdered for it.

He was issuing threats, if I recall. That's not "hate speech."

Nice dodge. So are you claiming Beyonce was born that way? Here, let me help you decide:
Beyonce-as-a-child-e1447427251889.jpe
I did not claim that beyonce was born that way I claimed having blond hair is a genetic trait that can ALSO be seen in African Americans.

View attachment 129213
nuxyrue.jpg
Ummmm, wrong again dude. Those aren't "African-Americans". They're Melanesians of Solomon Islands. Are you now claiming Beyonce is from the Solomon Islands or will you admit her hair isn't genetically blonde nor naturally straight?....or are you just trying to derail off that topic?

I am not claiming anything of Beyonce specifically. I'm saying blond hair or straight hair can show up in any race of people. Comparing it to dreadlocks is silly as dreadlocks are not genetic.
Beyonce's hair, straight or blonde, isn't genetic either. Do you or do you not agree she is as guilty of cultural appropriation as the LW "environmental student" who had dreadlocks?

For the umpteenth time I think it is a bad comparison. Hair colors are genetic and interchangeable between races. Would I be guilty of cultural appropriation for dying my hair black if I am a brunette? No.
Dreadlocks are different. They are not genetic. They are created. And have a history with religious meaning. I would be guilty of cultural appropriation if I stated wearing rosary beads randomly around my body? Yes. I'm taking something unique to a specific culture and wearing it as decoration.
"For the umpteenth time" you're wrong. As my link proved, dreadlocks don't belong to a single culture much less a race and neither to burritos. As the link below notes, it's also American.

Burrito - Wikipedia

So, in your opinion, "hate speech" doesn't exist? Interesting. Now pardon me while I run off to Mexico for some "culturally appropriate" Mexican food.

So, in your opinion, "hate speech" doesn't exist? Interesting.

As much as "love speech" does.

Again, what's your point?

View attachment 129213
nuxyrue.jpg

Dreadlocks are different. They are not genetic. They are created. And have a history with religious meaning. I would be guilty of cultural appropriation if I stated wearing rosary beads randomly around my body? Yes. I'm taking something unique to a specific culture and wearing it as decoration.
"For the umpteenth time" you're wrong. As my link proved, dreadlocks don't belong to a single culture much less a race and neither to burritos. As the link below notes, it's also American.

Burrito - Wikipedia
I also never argued that white people shouldn't be able to make burritos. I have great tacos at a place called "Steve's" quite often. I happen to know Steve's a white guy but makes damn good tacos. I have only argued Beyonce is not guilty of cultural appropriation for changing her hair color.

Burrito - Wikipedia
I also never argued that white people shouldn't be able to make burritos. I have great tacos at a place called "Steve's" quite often. I happen to know Steve's a white guy but makes damn good tacos. I have only argued Beyonce is not guilty of cultural appropriation for changing her hair color.
I agree with you and those two women in Oregon were harassed out of LW bullshit.

Burrito - Wikipedia
I agree with you and those two women in Oregon were harassed out of LW bullshit.

Only you have yet to provide evidence that harassment put them out of business. Even with harassment, if their food was good, they should have kept customers. Or else they just folded under pressure.

Burrito - Wikipedia
I think it is more likely their business failed in its first year like 80% of new businesses do...

Burrito - Wikipedia

Only you have yet to provide evidence that harassment put them out of business. Even with harassment, if their food was good, they should have kept customers. Or else they just folded under pressure.
Well, if you don't believe the SF Gate article, then I don't know what you think is "evidence".

Burrito - Wikipedia
I think it is more likely their business failed in its first year like 80% of new businesses do...
Look, this is the second time you've written that and this is the second and last time I'm telling you: According to the SF Gate article and it was less than two weeks, not a "year".

Believe what you want. If it was two Hispanic women opening an hot dog and sauerkraut stand and this shit went on, I strongly doubt you'd be taking the same stand.

Burrito - Wikipedia
Look, this is the second time you've written that and this is the second and last time I'm telling you: According to the SF Gate article and it was less than two weeks, not a "year".

Believe what you want. If it was two Hispanic women opening an hot dog and sauerkraut stand and this shit went on, I strongly doubt you'd be taking the same stand.
What stand am I taking? They should be able to cook whatever they want, I just have yet to see convincing evidence this was they cause of them closing down.

[

Apparently the Portland Mercury jumped in after the friendly profile in the Willamette Week.

And the Portland Mercury jumped on after individuals already made the cultural appropriation claim.

And the business closed either because their customer base didn't support them any longer or because they gave up.

The Portland Mercury is a racist leftwing rag - but then you can't be left without being racist, now can you?

My advice to the owners is to sue the Portland Mercury for defamation.

By using the women's own words and having an opinion in an editorial?

Why do you hate the First Amendment?

Cultural misappropriation is the women's own word? :eek:

Good thing Stevie Ray Vaughn isn't around anymore, you fascists would demand he be prohibited from playing the blues.. I mean "Little Wing" was so clearly lifted from Jimi Hendrix (as the royalty checks show)... CULTURAL MISAPPROPRIATION!

upload_2017-5-28_8-27-18.jpeg

[

Hey, talk to the OP who tried to characterize making burritos as somehow 'racist'. :dunno:

I called him on it and he ran away. Good luck.

So educational, this site. There are more races than we thought. White, black, red, yellow and now "burrito". Live and learn.

It was you fascists who demanded that hated whites be prohibited from making burritos. I get it, this is just an interim step until you democrats can come up with a final solution for the white problem..

[

Apparently the Portland Mercury jumped in after the friendly profile in the Willamette Week.

And the Portland Mercury jumped on after individuals already made the cultural appropriation claim.

And the business closed either because their customer base didn't support them any longer or because they gave up.

The Portland Mercury is a racist leftwing rag - but then you can't be left without being racist, now can you?

My advice to the owners is to sue the Portland Mercury for defamation.

By using the women's own words and having an opinion in an editorial?

Why do you hate the First Amendment?

Cultural misappropriation is the women's own word? :eek:

Good thing Stevie Ray Vaughn isn't around anymore, you fascists would demand he be prohibited from playing the blues.. I mean "Little Wing" was so clearly lifted from Jimi Hendrix (as the royalty checks show)... CULTURAL MISAPPROPRIATION!

View attachment 129357

No, the women described their process to get recipes, which others labeled as "cultural appropriation."

[

No, the women described their process to get recipes, which others labeled as "cultural appropriation."

Labeled by whom? Nazicrat scumbags?

America worked when this was a "melting pot." But the fascist democrats prefer to balkanize the nation in their "divide and conquer" strategy to end the free republic.

[

Labeled by whom? Nazicrat scumbags?

America worked when this was a "melting pot." But the fascist democrats prefer to balkanize the nation in their "divide and conquer" strategy to end the free republic.

Labeled by commenters on a website.

Why do you hate free speech so much, UnC?

Forum List

Back