Leftist now say term Marijuana is racist

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Leftists Now Say Term ‘Marijuana’ Racist
Leftists have set their sights on the latest problematic word in their feverish attempt to rewrite language.

You just can't make this chit up, if you can't see the hippies have raised their kids and their kids to be totally fkn off their rockers.
Leftist Liberal failure , you have got to be kidding me this one takes the cake of Leftist Loons" being offended.
Why in the hell are you idiots allowing these colleges to mold your kids into total fkn retards. Oh I know because it is you leftist sheep who help mold the liberal colleges and decided this is where the Indoctrination to being an idiot begins.

and-one-day-for-no-particular-reason-we-became-offended-3568909.png

Leftists have set their sights on the latest problematic word in their feverish attempt to rewrite language.

You just can't make this chit up, if you can't see the hippies have raised their kids and their kids to be totally fkn off their rockers.
Leftist Liberal failure , you have got to be kidding me this one takes the cake of Leftist Loons" being offended.
Why in the hell are you idiots allowing these colleges to mold your kids into total fkn retards. Oh I know because it is you leftist sheep who help mold the liberal colleges and decided this is where the Indoctrination to being an idiot begins.
When something is beyond one`s understanding they`re sure to screech LIBRUL this and LIBRUL that. Damn colleges and hippies is a nice touch too.

infowars infowars infowars infowars infowars infowars infowars

:cuckoo:

Well, it is.

The plant's name is "Cannabis" - no one referred to it by a scary Mexican name until they wanted to demonize it.
Pretty sure i read that the mexicans gave it that name when they came here after their revolution

Something like that - but the term "Cannabis" existed for hundreds of years prior to that.

I wonder why, when campaigning for it to be made illegal, the government decided to use the Mexican slang term for it, rather than the accepted and well-known term?

Well, it is.

The plant's name is "Cannabis" - no one referred to it by a scary Mexican name until they wanted to demonize it.
Pretty sure i read that the mexicans gave it that name when they came here after their revolution

Something like that - but the term "Cannabis" existed for hundreds of years prior to that.

I wonder why, when campaigning for it to be made illegal, the government decided to use the Mexican slang term for it, rather than the accepted and well-known term?
IDK. i dont understand the fear factor in marijuana either though.
I darn sure dont consider it racist using a term the people themselves came up with (mexicans)

Well, it is.

I darn sure dont consider it racist using a term the people themselves came up with (mexicans)

I don't think that using the term is "racist".

I think that the word was chosen in the 1930s to play on racist fears.

Well, it is.

You said it was racist in your first post. "well it is"
Sorry if i understand english.

I won't say that the term marijuana is racist, but I will say that the whole reason it was made illegal in the first place was.

Anslinger was a racist who didn't like brown or black people, and because they were the main consumers of marijuana at the time, making the plant illegal was the easiest way to lock them up. It's also why the jail sentences were so draconian when enforcement started. 10 years for 1 joint? C'mon.

Well, it is.

You said it was racist in your first post. "well it is"
Sorry if i understand english.

Petulance and pedantry, the powers combine!

"Racism" is an internal mental process, not an objective attribute assigned to words. When I say that the term is racist, I'm saying that the people who chose the term were playing on racist fears by using the term - similar to how people use terms like "thug" these days.

I am not saying that the word itself is "racist", because words don't have mental faculties, and therefore can't hate or fear others based on racial attributes.

I won't say that the term marijuana is racist, but I will say that the whole reason it was made illegal in the first place was.

Anslinger was a racist who didn't like brown or black people, and because they were the main consumers of marijuana at the time, making the plant illegal was the easiest way to lock them up. It's also why the jail sentences were so draconian when enforcement started. 10 years for 1 joint? C'mon.
The criminalization of pot didnt happen like that. It went through regulation at the federal level, then states started doing more, then we made federal legislation because of the traffic(crime) to get it here. Then, they criminalized it.
Also, it was 2 - 10 years...
I wont say aslinger wasnt a racist, idk. I didnt know the guy. But he was correct in saying it brought crime.

The criminalization of pot didnt happen like that. It went through regulation at the federal level, then states started doing more, then we made federal legislation because of the traffic(crime) to get it here. Then, they criminalized it.
I wont say aslinger wasnt a racist, idk. I didnt know the guy. But he was correct in saying it brought crime.

Actually, Anslinger is the one that led the push to make it illegal. He got financial backing from DuPont and Hearst (neither wanted competition from hemp, DuPont because they were working with petroleum products, Herst because he had large timber holdings and didn't want competition from hemp paper), and then took that money to Hollyweird where he had the propaganda film "Reefer Madness" made, and then pushed Congress to make it illegal.

BTW...............I was a DAPA (Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor) the last 8 years of my Naval career. I can tell you that the behaviors shown in that movie are more indicative of alcohol and cocaine usage than marijuana.

Check out the documentary "Grass" that is narrated by Woody Harrelson sometime. It's kinda informative and eye opening.

Actually, Anslinger is the one that led the push to make it illegal. He got financial backing from DuPont and Hearst (neither wanted competition from hemp, DuPont because they were working with petroleum products, Herst because he had large timber holdings and didn't want competition from hemp paper), and then took that money to Hollyweird where he had the propaganda film "Reefer Madness" made, and then pushed Congress to make it illegal.

BTW...............I was a DAPA (Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor) the last 8 years of my Naval career. I can tell you that the behaviors shown in that movie are more indicative of alcohol and cocaine usage than marijuana.

Check out the documentary "Grass" that is narrated by Woody Harrelson sometime. It's kinda informative and eye opening.
He pushed to outlaw all drugs..

It brought crime because it was made illegal. Follow the trail of Prohibition of alcohol. We learned in short order to repeal and replace the 18th A., and allow the several states and even counties to regulate alcohol and to tax it.

Forum List

Back