Leftists Now Clamoring To Get Guns And Finding Out It's Not That Easy

Mr. Pseudo intellectual, take your fallacies horsecrap and shove it. The facts are that every gun law erodes the 2nd amendment. Multiple Democrat presidential candidates wish to steal my property. My guns, and the 330 million other guns, in the hands of the law abiding, are not the problem.

BAD people are. Regulate them.

We regulate everyone. And since have started our criminal gun crimes have gone down. And I can still get a firearm in a gun shop in less than 5 minutes. Of course, unlike you, I don't have a criminal felony record.

Considering I legally own machineguns I doubt you could pass a background check as fast as I can. Hell, just one of them is probably worth more than all of your guns, any art you may have, and your cars and trucks, combined.
You truly are a ridiculous child.

Yeah, but I will never be a pseudo intellectual, like you.

Is that your way of saying "Duh"?

No, that's my way of showing that clayton likes to present himself as a deep thinker but all he is capable of is cut and paste nonsense.

Back to the failed thread premise.

In jurisdictions absent a UBC, private intrastate firearm transactions facilitated online can be completed in just a matter of minutes, allowing criminals to obtain firearms.

That’s why responsible gun owners support UBCs.

And yet that isn't how they get their guns......they use Straw Buyers who will illegally sell guns, knowingly to criminals....defeating current Federally Mandated Background Checks and defeating any background check on a private sale...

And what you fail to explain is that we can already arrest the criminal buying the gun, and then we can use him to arrest the illegal seller.....

Just like we currently do for illegal drug sales.....

Responsible gun owners understand that Universal Background Checks are simply the pretext for demanding gun registration...since they do nothing to stop criminals or mass shooters.....

Also...

Textual analysis of HR8, bill to "To require a background check for every firearm sale"

Summary

HR8 requires that loans, gifts, and sales of firearms be processed by a gun store. The same fees, paperwork, and permanent record-keeping apply as to buying a new gun from the store.

If you loan a gun to a friend without going to the gun store, the penalty is the same as for knowingly selling a gun to a convicted violent felon.

Likewise, when the friend returns the gun, another trip to the gun store is necessary, upon pain of felony.

A clever trick in HR8 effectively bans handguns for persons 18-to20.

The bill has some narrow exemptions. The minuscule exemption for self-defense does not cover stalking victims. None of the exemptions cover farming and ranching, sharing guns on almost all public and private lands, or storing guns with friends while on vacation. The limited exemption for family excludes first cousins and in-laws.

The bill authorizes unlimited fees to be imposed by
regulation.
-----

The narrowness of the self-defense exemption endangers domestic violence victims. For example, a former domestic partner threatens a woman and her children. An attack might come in the next hour, or the next month, or never. The victim and her children cannot know. Because the attack is uncertain—and is certainly not "immediate"—the woman cannot borrow a handgun from a neighbor for her defense. Many domestic violence victims do not have several hundred spare dollars so that they can buy their own gun. Sometimes, threats are manifested at night, when gun stores are not open.
-------

HR8 requires almost all firearms sales and loans to be conducted by a federally-licensed dealer. Because federal law prohibits licensed dealers from transferring handguns to persons under 21 years, HR8 prevents young adults from acquiring handguns. This is a clever way to enact a handgun ban indirectly.

HR8 would prohibit a 20-year-old woman who lives on her own from acquiring a handgun for self-defense in her home, such as by buying it from a relative or borrowing it from a friend.
-----

Exorbitant fees may be imposed by regulation

"(3)(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the Attorney General may implement this sub-section with regulations."

"(D) Regulations promulgated under this paragraph may not include any provision placing a cap on the fee licensees may charge to facilitate transfers in accordance with paragraph (1)."

Regulators may set a minimum fee, but not "a cap on a fee." The Attorney General is allowed to require that every gun store charge a fee of $30, $50, $150, or more. Even a $20 fee can be a hard burden to a poor person.

------
Family members

You can make a "a loan or bona fide gift" to some family members. In-laws and cousins are excluded.

The family exemption vanishes if one family member pays the other in any way. If a brother trades an extra shotgun to his sister in exchange for her extra television, both of them have to go to a gun store. Their exchange will have all the fees and paperwork as if she were buying a gun from the store.

Safe storage discouraged

Consider a person who will be away from home for an extended period: a member of the armed services being deployed overseas, a person going away to school, a person going on a long vacation, or a person evacuating her home due to a natural disaster. Such persons might wish to store firearms with a trusted neighbor or friend. This type of storage should be encouraged. Guns are less likely to be stolen by burglars, and then sold into the black market, if they are kept in an occupied home rather than left in a house that will be unoccupied.

But under HR8, neighbor A can only store neighbor B's guns if both persons go to a gun store, fill out extensive paperwork for each and every gun to be stored, pay per-gun fees to the government and the gun store, and then repeat the process when the firearms are returned. As a result, many fewer people will go through all the trouble.

So more guns will be left in unoccupied dwellings; they will be at greater risk of being stolen and thus of being supplied to the criminal black market. Discouraging safe storage is among the ways HR8 harms public safety.

Layout the rules that you believe would be applicable first. If they are acceptable, I might take you up on it myself. Be warned, I am up on almost ALL recent firearms court rulings since 1934 and have yet to lose a legal argument on those grounds.
I've debated you and beaten you

You got a bloody nose, claimed you won and ran away. Now, let's do it with predetermine rules and keep it clean without insults. You lost the second you had to result to insults. You get with your buddies, get them to provide you with all your data and I'll just consult myself and the law. Care to take a walk in the moonlight with the Devil?
the only blood on me was pouring from you.
Let's discuss those rules of operation for a discussion between you and I. Just you and me, no one else. There is a place in USMB just for that. Or are you going to Puss out?
Dude I have a job that at times keeps me off the internet

So you run away again.
let's rock bitch rule is 24 hour time limit to respond with a counter. No lying. Only Constitution foundation are the only allowed response. Leftism interpretation not allowed

What's the URL?
What do you mean what's the URL? Is that part of the Constitution?

There is a section in USMB that allows discussion by two people and only two people to be done. That means that you nor I can get help from the peanut gallery.

Good news.....gun stores are selling so many guns and so much ammunition they are emptying the stores......

Now....some anti-gunners may finally understand why we have the 2nd Amendment....as morons in the government....in particular democrat party controlled states and counties.....have decided to stop arresting criminals, and to release criminals from jail and prison who are already in custody...

And before the asshats claim that these are only non-violent criminals they plan to release....remember....the democrat party prosecutors plea bargain down illegal gun charges and other violent charges to make it easier to get convictions...so no, they are not all "non-violent" offenders.....

Get your guns and ammo while you can........democrats are releasing violent criminals....again.

We’ve been selling a lot of these. But of course I always ask if they are Democrat or republicans.
AE77ECC4-190A-43AE-B709-16BD0E4960A9.jpeg

I've debated you and beaten you

You got a bloody nose, claimed you won and ran away. Now, let's do it with predetermine rules and keep it clean without insults. You lost the second you had to result to insults. You get with your buddies, get them to provide you with all your data and I'll just consult myself and the law. Care to take a walk in the moonlight with the Devil?
Dude I have a job that at times keeps me off the internet

So you run away again.
let's rock bitch rule is 24 hour time limit to respond with a counter. No lying. Only Constitution foundation are the only allowed response. Leftism interpretation not allowed

What's the URL?

There is a section in USMB that allows discussion by two people and only two people to be done. That means that you nor I can get help from the peanut gallery.
You're pussy footing around asking irrelevant questions

So you run away again.

What's the URL?

Trolls are like that.
Don't feed them.

So you run away again.

What's the URL?

I can hear your battle cry now. "Runaway, Runaway"

What's the URL?

Trolls are like that.
Don't feed them.

Where you been? It's been boring around here. They gunnuters that are here are just too easy and aren't nearly as entertaining as you are.

What's the URL?

What's the URL?

Trolls are like that.
Don't feed them.

Where you been? It's been boring around here. They gunnuters that are here are just too easy and aren't nearly as entertaining as you are.
You're either gluten for punishment and like making yourself look stupid or just too ignorant to accept being proven wrong.

What's the URL?

Trolls are like that.
Don't feed them.

You're either gluten for punishment and like making yourself look stupid or just too ignorant to accept being proven wrong.

All you do is insult. I already told you I would take you up on your challenge to do a real debate with mutually agreeable rules. There is even a place where we can lay out the rules, discuss the rules and then procede with the debate without interruption. A place where insults and just declaring one a winner doesn't work. You laid out the challenge. Now, are you going to take me up on it or are you going to just declare yourself the winner and do your infamous battle cry of "Runaway, Runaway".

Trolls are like that.
Don't feed them.

All you do is insult. I already told you I would take you up on your challenge to do a real debate with mutually agreeable rules. There is even a place where we can lay out the rules, discuss the rules and then procede with the debate without interruption. A place where insults and just declaring one a winner doesn't work. You laid out the challenge. Now, are you going to take me up on it or are you going to just declare yourself the winner and do your infamous battle cry of "Runaway, Runaway".
When you talk in circles it would make anyone insult you for being retarded
I gave you the rules stop being a pussy.

"First came the panic buying of hand sanitizer. Then, people panic bought toilet paper. Now, food shelves are emptying and firearm and ammunition sales are through the roof. The COVID19 outbreak might be bad for the stock market, but it’s certainly been a boon for very specific sectors of the economy. The gun industry, used to such boom/bust cycles, knows how to respond – but other sectors might not be so acclimated.

Here at Omaha Outdoors, we’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if we can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. Despite what politicians and many in popular media claim, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped to your house. Well, you could, if you were a federally licensed firearm dealer (or federally licensed curio and relic collector) and your home was your place of business. Other than that, no, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped, especially across state lines, to your home."

A Lot of People Are Finding Out You Can’t Just Buy a Gun Online - Omaha Outdoors

---------------------

I never tire of proving these anti-gun idiots wrong.
Because only Republicans own guns.
It's really ignorant to support a party that are anti gun
It's really ignorant to support a party that supports giving school shooters powerful weapons so they can kill more,

The Democrat Party supports better back ground checks, closing the associated loopholes, banning assault type rifles, large capacity magazines. I support far far far more restrictive guideline for concealed carry.

"First came the panic buying of hand sanitizer. Then, people panic bought toilet paper. Now, food shelves are emptying and firearm and ammunition sales are through the roof. The COVID19 outbreak might be bad for the stock market, but it’s certainly been a boon for very specific sectors of the economy. The gun industry, used to such boom/bust cycles, knows how to respond – but other sectors might not be so acclimated.

Here at Omaha Outdoors, we’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if we can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. Despite what politicians and many in popular media claim, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped to your house. Well, you could, if you were a federally licensed firearm dealer (or federally licensed curio and relic collector) and your home was your place of business. Other than that, no, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped, especially across state lines, to your home."

A Lot of People Are Finding Out You Can’t Just Buy a Gun Online - Omaha Outdoors

---------------------

Well if “a lot of people” are doing it, it must be true.

psycho loon

---------------------

No leftist should be allowed to possess a gun. Period!

Make that, no Democrat voter.

Every American CITIZEN who is not a felon has the right to own and carry a gun.

---------------------

Give it a rest. It's easier right now to buy a gun and ammo than buying Toilet Paper.

Riiighht... because toilet paper costs hundreds of dollars and requires background checks & waiting periods.
Wrong again.

I bought a Brno Model 1 online – no 4473, no background check, no waiting period.

The seller and I agreed to the sale on a firearm message board. I met the seller in a hotel parking lot, we verified we were residents of the same state, I paid the agreed price, and took the rifle home.

So yes, one can just buy firearms online.

So, you committed a felony. They FBI should hunt you down.

---------------------

Well if “a lot of people” are doing it, it must be true.

psycho loon

But you're safe in your single wide in Arkansas, er I mean your penthouse in Manhattan... Of course now that you're under martial law you can't leave...

It's really ignorant to support a party that supports giving school shooters powerful weapons so they can kill more,
But nowhere near as ignorant as your claim, above.
The Democrat Party supports better back ground checks, closing the associated loopholes, banning assault type rifles, large capacity magazines
And not a single one of them can demonstrate the necessity for, or the efficacy of, these restrictions to the right to keep an bear arms.

Forum List

Back