Leftists Now Clamoring To Get Guns And Finding Out It's Not That Easy

I will wait patiently while you point out the wording in the law that requires a private seller to ask if the buyer is legally authorized to own a firearm.

Your straw grasping attempts are as pathetic as they are comical. Give it up, idiot.

I am still waiting patiently or you to show me the law that requires a seller to ask if the buyer is legally qualified to own a gun.

I am not your remedial reading teacher. Go play your juvenile semantic games with someone else.

It is odd that I have had this same discussion with other gun nuts, and it always ends up that they divert when I ask them to quote the law that requires a private seller to ask a buyer if they are legally allowed to own a gun. And, of course, if they are not required to ask, they are not knowingly selling to a convicted felon, and that makes the sale legal, which, of course, destroys their entire argument that no new background check laws are necessary..
Correct.

A seller in a private intrastate firearm transaction can in good faith sell to a prohibited person based solely on the word of the buyer that he can legally own a gun, when in fact he can't.

I will wait patiently while you point out the wording in the law that requires a private seller to ask if the buyer is legally authorized to own a firearm.

Your straw grasping attempts are as pathetic as they are comical. Give it up, idiot.

I am still waiting patiently or you to show me the law that requires a seller to ask if the buyer is legally qualified to own a gun.

I am not your remedial reading teacher. Go play your juvenile semantic games with someone else.

It is odd that I have had this same discussion with other gun nuts, and it always ends up that they divert when I ask them to quote the law that requires a private seller to ask a buyer if they are legally allowed to own a gun. And, of course, if they are not required to ask, they are not knowingly selling to a convicted felon, and that makes the sale legal, which, of course, destroys their entire argument that no new background check laws are necessary..
Correct.

A seller in a private intrastate firearm transaction can in good faith sell to a prohibited person based solely on the word of the buyer that he can legally own a gun, when in fact he can't.

Scary, ain't it. But it's true. Over 60% of the illegal firearms used for crimes in Chicago comes from outside Illinois purchased this way by straw buyers.

Correct.

Scary, ain't it. But it's true. Over 60% of the illegal firearms used for crimes in Chicago comes from outside Illinois purchased this way by straw buyers.

Funny though that the states where those guns come from have lower gun murder rates than Chicago....yet their criminals don't have to leave the state to get their guns...

Hence the stupidity of that particular argument......

It isn't guns, and it definitely isn't guns in the hands of normal people that drive the gun crime rate......

There is a direct link between the level of gun crime and the policies of the democrat party.....implemented by democrat party judges, and prosecutors......they keep letting repeat gun offenders out of jail and prison, they are the ones doing the shooting.......

For example.....D.C....

Gun carrying is up by law abiding gun owners......violent crime is down 34%.....you can't explain that....

Gun murder among gangs....who can't buy, own or carry guns.....the ones creating the gun crime in D.C....up...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...3415dc-6468-11ea-845d-e35b0234b136_story.html

More than 4,000 people have obtained gun permits from the D.C. police department to carry loaded, concealed firearms on the streets of the nation’s capital, according to data released this month.
----

In the months after the court decision, the police department began approving hundreds of permits. Before the decision, there were only 123 active licenses, and D.C. police denied 77 percent of applicants for failing to provide the required “good reason.”

D.C. police have since signed off on 4,808 permits, according to data the department provided March 5 to Council member Charles Allen (D-Ward 6), who chairs the Committee on the Judiciary and Public Safety. Permits expire after two years, and there are currently 4,147 active license-holders, according to the department’s records division.
------

The District’s police chief has made illegal firearms in the city a top priority for cutting crime. While overall violent crime has dropped 34 percent in D.C. since 2015, homicides fueled by illegal firearms continues to be a problem. The District finished 2019 with a decade high 166 homicides and is on a similar pace this year. Of the homicides in D.C. last year, police said 135 of them were committed with firearms.

But what is driving their gun murder rate....you know, criminals shooting other criminals?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...30d87c-c4f5-11e9-b72f-b31dfaa77212_story.html

Last year, the District of Columbia Sentencing Commission voted to decrease sentences for felons convicted of illegally possessing a gun in the District and to reduce the impact of prior felon-in-possession convictions on any future sentence an offender might incur. That’s right: decrease and reduce.
--------

D.C. Police Chief Peter Newsham and U.S. Attorney Jessie K. Liu complained in a letter to The Post that sentencing changes will ensure that “repeat offenders who have committed gun crimes will be back on the street sooner . . . endangering our community.”
------

https://wtop.com/local/2017/06/ms-13-how-a-gang-was-revitalized-in-the-dc-area/

“The vast majority of their crimes are gang-on-gang,” inspired by the need to control territory and the crime-related revenue that comes from such control, Jay Lanham, a retired assistant chief of the Prince William County police and executive director of the Northern Virginia Gang Task Force, said.

The FBI agent who spoke to WTOP agreed.

“Any transgressions against the organization, real and/or perceived, become punishable by death.”

F

Gang related crime.....? Up 67%......

MS-13: How a deadly gang gained strength in the DC area | WTOP

Police: Gang-related crime up 67 percent in Montgomery County from last year

Montgomery County police looked at the data from the first six months of this year to the first half of 2017 and found violent gang-related crime is up 67 percent, gang-related robberies are up 36 percent while gang-related assaults are up 43 percent.
----

Who are the gangs preying on? Montgomery County Police Assistant Chief Marcus Jones said the victims of these crimes are immigrants themselves, but not always

I'm ending this "discussion" with you, 2aguy. I haven't the time or inclination to wade through all your "evidence," which does not address my criticisms. You show a kind of obsessiveness about this issue, and partisanship, that convinces me it would be a waste to continue. Even your first point about police chiefs turned me off, since reading the link proved nothing to me: the questions in the surveys all pertained to "vetted" "qualified" and "law-abiding" citizens. I was not talking about those people, who are already background checked -- like me.

I address my criticisms to those here who argue that background checks, vetting and licensing is an intolerable violation of the 2nd Amendment, and who do so in an extremely partisan way.

Anyway, enough. You can have the last word -- or many words -- which I assume will be equally as partisan and irrelevant to what I am saying as what preceded. You needn't link to sources, since I am familiar with both the reality and the studies, and am my self a gun owner who defends the 2nd amendment.

P.S. I was in fact active in waging a campaign many years ago in NYC mobilizing defense for an unlicensed black transit worker and pillar of his community who in self defense shot a professional criminal who attacked him. We got all charges dropped.

No leftist should be allowed to possess a gun. Period!
Make that, no Democrat voter.

Well, this "leftist" (that's what I'm called by most Democrats and almost all Trump supporters anyway) doesn't have to rush out to buy a gun...

I've owned a rifle most of my life and have a carry license for my pistol. I don't appreciate idiotic comments like the one above. My father was a proud Rooseveltian Democrat who fought in WWII. He taught me that rightwingers who talk about -- or even just joke about -- disarming people they disagree with are usually either Klansmen, professional union busters, John Birchers, or just fools already taking the first steps on the long road to fascism.

Everyone has a legal right to bear arms under the Constitution, but reasonable regulation and registration and even restrictions, are entirely appropriate.

We have a veritable mountain of regulation and restrictions. Enough is enough. And you will NEVER get me to register my guns.
No one is requiring you to do so.

Slippery slope fallacies, fearmongering, demagoguery – the last refuge of one whose ‘argument’ has failed.

Mr. Pseudo intellectual, take your fallacies horsecrap and shove it. The facts are that every gun law erodes the 2nd amendment. Multiple Democrat presidential candidates wish to steal my property. My guns, and the 330 million other guns, in the hands of the law abiding, are not the problem.

BAD people are. Regulate them.

We regulate everyone. And since have started our criminal gun crimes have gone down. And I can still get a firearm in a gun shop in less than 5 minutes. Of course, unlike you, I don't have a criminal felony record.

Considering I legally own machineguns I doubt you could pass a background check as fast as I can. Hell, just one of them is probably worth more than all of your guns, any art you may have, and your cars and trucks, combined.

I'm ending this "discussion" with you, 2aguy. I haven't the time or inclination to wade through all your "evidence," which does not address my criticisms. You show a kind of obsessiveness about this issue, and partisanship, that convinces me it would be a waste to continue. Even your first point about police chiefs turned me off, since reading the link proved nothing to me: the questions in the surveys all pertained to "vetted" "qualified" and "law-abiding" citizens. I was not talking about those people, who are already background checked -- like me.

I address my criticisms to those here who argue that background checks, vetting and licensing is an intolerable violation of the 2nd Amendment, and who do so in an extremely partisan way.

Anyway, enough. You can have the last word -- or many words -- which I assume will be equally as partisan and irrelevant to what I am saying as what preceded. You needn't link to sources, since I am familiar with both the reality and the studies, and am my self a gun owner who defends the 2nd amendment.

P.S. I was in fact active in waging a campaign many years ago in NYC mobilizing defense for an unlicensed black transit worker and pillar of his community who in self defense shot a professional criminal who attacked him. We got all charges dropped.

Funny how you ignore real evidence and harp about 2Aguys "obsession", all while ignoring your own obsession. The difference being, his is exceedingly well informed, while yours, is not.

Universal Background checks are simply desired by the anti-gun extremists as a pretext to get universal gun registration...since UBCs do nothing to stop criminal from getting guns.....since they use Straw Buyers, or steal their guns....mass shooters won't be stopped since they can pass any background check...or they steal their guns......

Vetting and licensing? The do this in Europe, and make the vetting and licensing so extreme, normal people can't get a license for even the limited selection of single shot, hunting shotguns they allow.........

Since when is a Right open to Licensing? Do you think people should be licensed to be journalists, or to vote, or to practice their religion?

And what I always wonder....what is the magic to the "licensing" idea...since criminals won't get a license and they are the ones committing 95% of the gun crime and murders.......

You can't explain that...

Well, this "leftist" (that's what I'm called by most Democrats and almost all Trump supporters anyway) doesn't have to rush out to buy a gun...

I've owned a rifle most of my life and have a carry license for my pistol. I don't appreciate idiotic comments like the one above. My father was a proud Rooseveltian Democrat who fought in WWII. He taught me that rightwingers who talk about -- or even just joke about -- disarming people they disagree with are usually either Klansmen, professional union busters, John Birchers, or just fools already taking the first steps on the long road to fascism.

Everyone has a legal right to bear arms under the Constitution, but reasonable regulation and registration and even restrictions, are entirely appropriate.

We have a veritable mountain of regulation and restrictions. Enough is enough. And you will NEVER get me to register my guns.

Slippery slope fallacies, fearmongering, demagoguery – the last refuge of one whose ‘argument’ has failed.

Mr. Pseudo intellectual, take your fallacies horsecrap and shove it. The facts are that every gun law erodes the 2nd amendment. Multiple Democrat presidential candidates wish to steal my property. My guns, and the 330 million other guns, in the hands of the law abiding, are not the problem.

We regulate everyone. And since have started our criminal gun crimes have gone down. And I can still get a firearm in a gun shop in less than 5 minutes. Of course, unlike you, I don't have a criminal felony record.

Considering I legally own machineguns I doubt you could pass a background check as fast as I can. Hell, just one of them is probably worth more than all of your guns, any art you may have, and your cars and trucks, combined.

A typically childish remark. I'm 71. Forgive me if I am not impressed ...

Oh? So you are identifying yourself as a daryl hunt sock puppet are you? You really should pay better attention to your multiple identities you know. And, I am older than you, nimrod.

Oh? So you are identifying yourself as a daryl hunt sock puppet are you? You really should pay better attention to your multiple identities you know. And, I am older than you, nimrod.
What is wrong with you? You could have asked me about the important gun rights case I was involved in, but instead insult me. Are you so old you forgot how to treat people with a little respect?

What is wrong with you? You could have asked me about the important gun rights case I was involved in, but instead insult me. Are you so old you forgot how to treat people with a little respect?

You get what you give, junior.

I already passed a full blown FFL License. I just didn't renew it. So your point is just bragging on your part. You may be right about your weapons but if I was a cop and heard you talking in public like you do here I would put a little extra effort in spending more time surveiling your location.

Sorry to bust your but he's not my sock puppet and I am just a kid at a young age of 69. There is a joke there but I won't go into it. What's the matter, you think when someone else makes sense and doesn't allow you to keep going off on your fairy tale that it has to be me? What you are seeing is the awaking of the quiet moderates. We outnumber your and the other side of the coin and are just now starting to speak up. You characters have really screwed the pooch and I guess the grownups need to start speaking up now.

Funny how you ignore real evidence and harp about 2Aguys "obsession", all while ignoring your own obsession. The difference being, his is exceedingly well informed, while yours, is not.

What well informed? He's a bigger fruitcake than you are. I have buried his BS over and over for a few years. You and him have set common sense gun regs back at least 50 years and give the gun grabbers the green light to present, in a very loud voice, their equally narrow point of view.

Sorry to bust your but he's not my sock puppet and I am just a kid at a young age of 69. There is a joke there but I won't go into it. What's the matter, you think when someone else makes sense and doesn't allow you to keep going off on your fairy tale that it has to be me? What you are seeing is the awaking of the quiet moderates. We outnumber your and the other side of the coin and are just now starting to speak up. You characters have really screwed the pooch and I guess the grownups need to start speaking up now.

Hmmm, the lines out the gun stores seem to vindicate us, and not you.

What well informed? He's a bigger fruitcake than you are. I have buried his BS over and over for a few years. You and him have set common sense gun regs back at least 50 years and give the gun grabbers the green light to present, in a very loud voice, their equally narrow point of view.

He provides peer reviewed studies from legit researchers. You provide uninformed opinion.

You sure are defending your sock hard....

He provides peer reviewed studies from legit researchers. You provide uninformed opinion.

You sure are defending your sock hard....

Every peer he uses is based off of one person and that person was debunked 30 years ago as a fruitcake. He gets mauled, waits a period of time and then recycles the same BS over and over. And since it agrees with your screwball logic then you accept it as truth. It only goes to show if you say a lie enough times, some people will accept it as the truth. It's still a lie. And since you repeat it and support it guess what makes you, Liar.

Hmmm, the lines out the gun stores seem to vindicate us, and not you.

Hmmm,. no lines out of the guns shops today. I'll check at a few different times tomarrow and get back to you but I can already predict the outcome, liar.

they say when you get that old your mind starts reverting back to childlike interesting.

Correct.

You have a major problem making that claim
What is the murder rate in those states that you believe Chicago gets its gun from vs the murder rate in Chicago?

Forum List

Back