Legalize it!

In my experience, while addiction can have a physical side, the biggest problem is MENTAL!

Those who let addiction take charge of their lives lack a sense of purpose.

My step-foster-father was a mean, nasty, drunk. His addiction was to cover his own sense of personal failure. He was also abused by his father.

I was a heavy drinker and smoked two packs of cigarettes per day - until, I realized they were crutches! It was only when I realized that I could stand on my own two feet that I set them aside.

During my years in the military, I saw far too many military members that let alcohol and drugs take over their aimless lives.

However, saying all that, I firmly believe that one cannot legislate morality or how people should live their lives. If someone wants to destroy themselves, it's up to them. The only punishment should come when they endanger or harm others - and those punishments should be severe.

Last edited:
It's gonna happen. Big Brother is just trying to figure out a way to control it and profit off it. Our Government is the largest Organized Crime Gang on this planet. They must control and profit off it. Once that's settled, it will be legalized. And hopefully, they'll also empty our Prisons of all those convicted of silly Marijuana charges. But i'm not counting on that one to happen. Big Brother loves locking up Citizens.

Last edited:
It's gonna happen. Big Brother is just trying to figure out a way to control it and profit off it. Our Government is the largest Organized Crime Gang on this planet. They must control and profit off it. Once that's settled, it will be legalized. And hopefully, they'll also empty our Prisons of all those convicted of silly Marijuana charges. But i'm not counting on that one to happen. Big Brother loves locking up Citizens.

I agree it will happen. The states will fall like dominos eventually, and we'll have more and more citizens walking around with a false sense of reality.
Glad I wont be around too many more years, as we slip further into the abyss.

I agree it will happen. The states will fall like dominos eventually, and we'll have more and more citizens walking around with a false sense of reality.

I just want to gently correct you and note that Marijuana actually gives people a heightened sense of reality. Users will tend to become more aware of their surroundings, and all of the little “interworkings” that we normally completely gloss over when we’re sober. It’s a tool to see the world in much more detail and clarity, so to speak. This is one of the reasons people tend to become slightly paranoid – at times – because people become much more aware of how extremely complex social interactions can be (to name one example).

If you want to talk about a ‘false’ reality, you might want to consider drugs like alcohol which will drain the user’s inhibitions and reduce critical thinking, analysis, ect.

Last edited:
The real question should be is why are there so many people who cannot live in reality, and who constantly look for substances that alter their senses.
Pretty sad really.

5643837468_60d47c04a1.jpg

Oh.....you're an old-fart....who needs a SERIOUS reset!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E96vow07OJc]True History of Marijuana Full Movie - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

I just want to correct you and note that Marijuana actually gives people a heightened sense of reality. Users will tend to become more aware of their surroundings, and all of the little “interworkings” that we normally completely gloss over when we’re sober. It’s a tool to see the world in much more detail and clarity, so to speak. This is one of the reasons people tend to become slightly paranoid – at times – because people become much more aware of how extremely complex social interactions can be (to name one example).

If you want to talk about a ‘false’ reality, you might want to consider drugs like alcohol which will drain the user’s inhibitions and reduce critical thinking, analysis, ect.

I've always looked at it, this way:

EVERYONE is entitled to take a mini-"vacation", every day. Some do it with booze. Other (better-educated, health-conscious) folks prefer Pot.

STRESS KILLS!!!!

Who needs that?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvR8Or3hgCM]Grandma Ate A Pot Cookie - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juVwqdNJlpU]Should Grandma Smoke Pot? Final Cut - Legalize Marijuana - YouTube[/ame]​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7UXL_lJ0BA]Grandpa smokes weed for the first time in his life - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
It should obviously be legalized. But beware of Big Brother intervention and control. They will tightly control it. Legalization wont likely be the glorious fantasy most Potheads envision it to be. Government rarely does good for the People. Government only does good for itself. They will control, manipulate, and profit off it. And they will find a way to still lock Citizens up for it. So it will inevitably be legalized, but strict Government control of it will be a big Buzz-Kill. Bet on that.

Last edited:
It should obviously be legalized. But beware of Big Brother intervention and control. They will tightly control it. Legalization wont likely be the glorious fantasy most Potheads envision it to be.
I'm sure they said the same, when alcohol was made legal, again....

853.gif

It should obviously be legalized. But beware of Big Brother intervention and control. They will tightly control it. Legalization wont likely be the glorious fantasy most Potheads envision it to be.
I'm sure they said the same, when alcohol was made legal, again....

853.gif

Just keep in mind, Government serves itself these days. It no longer serves the People. The U.S. Government is by far the largest Organized Crime Gang on this Planet. They're gonna give the People their Pot, but they're gonna tightly control it and profit off it. It will be just another illusion of Freedom. So go ahead and celebrate, but be cautious. Government only does what's best for itself. There's always a catch.

Are you saying that you were a regular cigarette smoker and quit with no withdrawal symptoms? That is very hard to believe.

It's possible...my uncle quit cold-turkey about 25 years ago, and he was a very heavy smoker (unfiltered Lucky Strikes, 2 cartons a week).

Did he quit with no signs of withdrawal?

All I remember is him having a pen in his hand pretty much all the time for about a month...that, and he chewed gum for a while.

This is THE best documentary, on growers in Northern California, that was (first) aired on "Night Flight" (USA Network), back in the early-80s.

Unfortunately, Dark Hollow Films has gotten a "little" greedy, and wants to sell this half-hour documentary for an obscene-price!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gzMGbvHTqE]Sold American - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]​

It's possible...my uncle quit cold-turkey about 25 years ago, and he was a very heavy smoker (unfiltered Lucky Strikes, 2 cartons a week).

All I remember is him having a pen in his hand pretty much all the time for about a month...that, and he chewed gum for a while.

I used to smoke about 2 1/2 packs of cigs a day. The minute I picked up an e-cig was the end of tobacco. No withdrawal.

I used to smoke about 2 1/2 packs of cigs a day. The minute I picked up an e-cig was the end of tobacco. No withdrawal.

When I quit smoking in 2001, I drank a lot of tea. Cups and cups and cups of tea of just about every flavor your can imagine. Every time I wanted a smoke, I drank another cup of tea. Definitely calmed my nerves and withdrawal symptoms weren't so intense compared to my first attempt. Might not work for everyone of course.

Canada should decriminalize it already. Seems like everyone has smoked it at some point here and I've seen police don't enforce the law. I see on the news they enforce when someone's got a full grow op. But the little guy with one or two plants would get more attention for speeding.

Canada should decriminalize it already. Seems like everyone has smoked it at some point here and I've seen police don't enforce the law. I see on the news they enforce when someone's got a full grow op. But the little guy with one or two plants would get more attention for speeding.

9/24/2012

'Vansterdam' Tours

"Ground Zero for ganja in Vancouver is the 300-block of West Hastings Street, which is home to the B.C. Marijuana Party headquarters and Vapour Lounge, Cannabis Culture Magazine, and the New Amsterdam Cafe.

"You don't have people selling or dealing in here. We don't do that," says Phil, an employee at the New Amsterdam. "But people can come here and experience it and if they bring their own stuff they can smoke it here."

March 13, 2013

New Age Medical Clinic; Toronto

"During his rehab from a car accident, Mellace says that he became addicted to opiates and medicines, which caused some health problems. He was later diagnosed with diabetes as well as liver problems, which is when he began his use of medicinal marijuana.

“Legally, I should have been dead five years ago. But, due to the use of my marijuana products that we’ve developed, I’m still here and alive to talk about it,” Mellace said, in an interview at his 680 Danforth Avenue clinic. “My diabetes is gone, the liver disorder and blood disorders that I had are gone. And I can only attribute that to marijuana

241.png

Are you pot heads nuts or is your judgement just clouded? They want to make tobacco use illegal and you think a couple of bucks from taxes makes it OK to sell marijuana to our kids?

Are you pot heads nuts or is your judgement just clouded? They want to make tobacco use illegal and you think a couple of bucks from taxes makes it OK to sell marijuana to our kids?
It'd probably be best, if you didn't sell to kids....if you need to be told.

eusa_doh.gif

Despite what the Clerics tell you.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvR8Or3hgCM]Grandma Ate A Pot Cookie - YouTube[/ame]

.....Feeling GOOD is not a bad thing.

Forum List

Back