Legalize it!

A glass of bourbon is not the chemical equivalent of marijuana.

Correct, but while bourbon is a known cause of lower testosterone levels, but you don't rejoice in drinkers' man boobs, because that requires a disease or hereditary condition. You want to say someone with Klinefelter's syndrome should not drink or smoke for fear of exacerbating the problem, fine, but it's just wrong to say cannabis causes gynecomastia, as it would be to say a glass of alcohol causes it. Whatever bias you hold against cannabis, it shouldn't cloud your reason.

Much current research on marijuana use is severely compromised (from a statistical standpoint) because the quality of the product is not regulated (consistent), and the population of regular marijuana users is not a random one.

Correlation does not necessarily mean causation.

The decision of whether or not to legalize should be based on the costs and benefits to society of prohibition, versus the costs and benefit to society of legal availability.

In that light, even considering some of the proven medical dangers, the question is a slam dunk in favor of legalization. And going beyond the quantitative analysis, there are qualitative factors (in addition to the very real enjoyment that MJ can provide) such as the folly of law enforcement officers enforcing laws that they think are silly, people seeing the conflict in California - where the Feds are prosecuting "legal" conduct under state law - and it brings disrepute and disrespect to the Federal government.

This is not even a close question.

I
We seem to want to model ourselves after failed stated like Uraguay and Portugsl. At least Switzerland learned its lesson with needle park.

Question, what does needles have to do with cannabis?

Nothing.

Cannabis is a natural plant which has been PROVEN to have medical benefits. Needle drugs are man made, and many are highly addictive.

Cannabis is non addictive by the way.

I already posted a link about pot's addictive qualities. As well the health problems pot causes. As long as it isn't around me it is none of my business. I can still squeeze out a bit of joy when a pot user has a stroke or heart attack. I can still smirk over erectile dysfunction and man boobs. I have only recently become aware of the decades long practice of treating pot with lead dust. Good news so puff on and don't forget the edibles.

I have smoked pot since 1966. There were times that I quit for a couple of years at a time and had no withdrawal symptoms. This would lead me to believe that it is not addictive.

I

Nothing.

Cannabis is a natural plant which has been PROVEN to have medical benefits. Needle drugs are man made, and many are highly addictive.

I already posted a link about pot's addictive qualities. As well the health problems pot causes. As long as it isn't around me it is none of my business. I can still squeeze out a bit of joy when a pot user has a stroke or heart attack. I can still smirk over erectile dysfunction and man boobs. I have only recently become aware of the decades long practice of treating pot with lead dust. Good news so puff on and don't forget the edibles.

I have smoked pot since 1966. There were times that I quit for a couple of years at a time and had no withdrawal symptoms. This would lead me to believe that it is not addictive.

Gosh, I quit cigarettes the same way, sometimes for years at a time. Cigarettes are not addictive.

Oh good God. Your link is an advertisement for a Bay Area surgeon, written by an anonymous blogger...with no medical evidence provided to support the headline...none! Are you really that obtuse?

How about a real source? This link, written by, you know, actual doctors, lists several causes of gynecomastia, NONE of which include cannabis:

http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/748626_4

Your bias is overwhelming and it's causing you to look like a loon. You should stop that.

I
We seem to want to model ourselves after failed stated like Uraguay and Portugsl. At least Switzerland learned its lesson with needle park.

Nothing.

I already posted a link about pot's addictive qualities. As well the health problems pot causes.

....Most-of-which is bullshit, Skippy.

:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
I

Gosh, I quit cigarettes the same way, sometimes for years at a time. Cigarettes are not addictive.

Are you saying that you were a regular cigarette smoker and quit with no withdrawal symptoms? That is very hard to believe.

Are you saying that you were a regular cigarette smoker and quit with no withdrawal symptoms? That is very hard to believe.

It's possible...my uncle quit cold-turkey about 25 years ago, and he was a very heavy smoker (unfiltered Lucky Strikes, 2 cartons a week).

It's possible...my uncle quit cold-turkey about 25 years ago, and he was a very heavy smoker (unfiltered Lucky Strikes, 2 cartons a week).

Yanno.................there were 2 times in my life that I quit cigarettes cold turkey.

Once was when I became a PRT (Physical Readiness Training) Coordinator for the Navy back over in Newport RI. The LT told me that since I was the PRT Coordinator, I couldn't smoke anymore. The next month (with the help of Nicorette gum), I was able to wean myself off of cigarettes. However....................I was short tempered and nervous for the first week and a half.

I started smoking again about 3 years later when I went to the funeral of my Grandmother, because I was pretty upset about it. I also continued to smoke for the next 9 years or so.

One day...................my room mate came down with some physical problems which required oxygen, so I decided to quit yet again for them. The next week and a half was pretty much the same thing..................jitters, short tempered, etc.

I've been smoking cannabis on a regular basis for about the past 10 years. Every time I run out and don't have enough money to buy more, I just simply stop. It doesn't mess with me physically, nor does it even mess with me mentally.

Sorry...................but cigarettes are much more addictive than pot ever thought about being.

A glass of bourbon is not the chemical equivalent of marijuana.

Correct, bourbon has phyically addictive chemicals in it.

Yeah....they're called alcohol!!

eusa_doh.gif

Katz, did you or someone you know have a bad experience with marijuana? Just wondering why you're so bitter about the drug....

I'd always assumed he/she was a D.A.R.E.-grad, who appears to be (perpetually) home, alone.

No adult could possibly be that ill-informed/immature.

Did he quit with no signs of withdrawal?

I'm completely pro-legalization of marijuana. The gov. could step in and sell pot making huge amounts of rev. in taxes, which can help pay off our debt. We'll also save millions by not having to fight the drug dealers and lock up men and women who sell the drug. Pot is medically useful and much less dangerous than alcohol.

Why haven't we legalized this drug yet?

Agree.

The real question should be is why are there so many people who cannot live in reality, and who constantly look for substances that alter their senses.
Pretty sad really.

The real question should be is why are there so many people who cannot live in reality, and who constantly look for substances that alter their senses.
Pretty sad really.

So what? I don't care what you do as long as you don't endanger me or someone else.

Forum List

Back